Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jagger moves/dance by eras
Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: December 7, 2009 23:12

1975 was his more androgynous time.
If I recall correctly, in the late 70's
Johnny Carson asked the late ballet dancer
Alexander Godunov who was his favorite dancer
and he ansewered Mick Jagger.

After that tour Jagger came out completly different
for the 78 tour. More punk I guess.

That was my favorite Jagger era in terms of dancing
and stage prescence.

Re: Jagger moves/dance by eras
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 7, 2009 23:19

1971 & 1976 .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 8, 2009 02:51

if he's going to keep on performing live--and doing the "frontman" thing--isn't it time he got some new moves?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 8, 2009 03:26

have to go with 78 also , vintage jagger

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: December 9, 2009 16:05

I always enjoyed when Mick used to perform with his microphone stand. Very powerful stuff. I understand the stage has gotten bigger and he needs to move around more but he could incorporate some of it back into the show. It would look less like an aerobics lesson then.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 9, 2009 16:12

I was watching some Sullivan videos the other day and I like the 64-66 Jagger best.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: December 9, 2009 16:23

Interesting how he changed personas from Pop Star 64-66, Carnaby Look 67, Demonic 69-70, Glam 71-73, Androgynous 75-76, Punk 78, Sport athlete 81-82. And Kieth was JUST KIETH the whole time!!

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: December 10, 2009 01:58

Hmmm... good question.

His moves during 1975-1976 were often scary, because of his dances with Billy Preston. So, I must say... 1968, especially in that official clip of JJF!

Posted by: JMoisica ()
Date: December 10, 2009 03:17

the infamous Jag dance from 78

also, mick once mentioned in an interview that he tries to bring in new moves for each new tour, but realizes that he probably repeats himself a lot

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 10, 2009 04:37

I always thought Mick started really developing his moves at their best on The Ed Sullivan Show's "Let's Spend Some Time(LOL) Together". But I think my favorite period is the 69-70 one with the "rooster-on-acid" routine ( as comedian Richard Belzner(?) used to call it and did a great impersonation to the point I believe Jagger complimented him on it at a party.)

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 10, 2009 04:40

I like the motor-cycle starting move he does at the beging of this version of Hang Fire from 81:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-10 04:40 by ryanpow.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: December 10, 2009 07:58

iamthedj
I always enjoyed when Mick used to perform with his microphone stand. Very powerful stuff. I understand the stage has gotten bigger and he needs to move around more but he could incorporate some of it back into the show. It would look less like an aerobics lesson then.

Agreed! At this point it seems like he's just trying too hard.

Seeing the 2009 Paul McCartney video posted here yesterday the phrase "less is more" came to mind.

I know I'm in the minority but -- altho my favorite Stones' musical period starts in 1968 -- I think Mick was absolutely at his most compelling stage-presence-wise around 1967, like here:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1701
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home