Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Confessin' The Blues
Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: November 21, 2009 01:59

Just love this song..! I think it is so 'Rolling Stones'. The guitars, the harp, the youthful arrogance of Mick....

Re: Confessin' The Blues
Posted by: robertcharles ()
Date: November 21, 2009 02:32

I agree with you.Last period i am listening some times to a mp3 cd which was a present from a friend of mine and all the Stonessongs are in alphabetic order.So by example when you going through (wonderful comin down again)and next confessin, the blues, is for me again a surprise and I love it.Still learning to appreciate so called underrated songs.

Robertcharles

Posted by: keeffriffhard ()
Date: November 21, 2009 03:39

Coming Down Again and then Confessin the Blues...well that is amazing....

Posted by: robertcharles ()
Date: November 21, 2009 04:36

Amazing? why not Keef.I suspect that you are refering to the songtitles.and I must say I like you.re kind of humor.Anyway I still got the blues.And we.re talkin about 10 years ( conf.the b/ and Coming Downn again) it is a complete difference.And the boys are still make me happy

And now I gonna get myself a beer,

Chin Cheers,Cherio,

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2009 16:06

Maybe their 'purest' and most 'mature' take on blues ever. I think that after they had cut it in Chicago Chess studios, they thought "now we got it, and that's it. Now we can do something else". I think many of those Chicago tracks have that peculiar flavor; it is the moment of peak of their blues perfectionism but at the same time a goodbye to the 'authentic' blues. There is no further road beyond that point. It is as far as they can get. Some way you can hear that. Another VERY good one is "Look What You've Done". So mature, so 'perfect' performance. Almost too professional for being The Stones...

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-21 16:09 by Doxa.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 21, 2009 18:12

I've said this here before but Mick's vocals on those early songs are amazing for someone so young and white they are pretty authentic interperetations!

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: November 21, 2009 18:52

Superb track with great Brian/Keith "weaving"! (if that expression isnĀ“t only for Keith/Ronnie...)

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: November 21, 2009 20:37

I totally agree !!

This has always been one of my most favorite tracks from the early LP's.
Everything about it is just right on, tempo, feel, harp, guitars vocals.

I'd say it might be the best take on really straight forward simple pure blues.
My favorite moment on the track comes after the instrumental break.
Mick sings well baby don't you want a man like me,
Then during the repeat of this line, he sings
Well Baaaaaby .......
That one is just pure perfection!!

Thanks so much for starting this thread and giving me a chance to go off on this.

Marv

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: November 22, 2009 02:40

One of their great blues covers for sure. The production at Chess superb. The sound quality brilliant. Every member performing their parts superbly. But the one that stands out is Keith with his guitar lead. One of his top ten all-time recorded performances with his blues licks. Job well done. And for anybody who dismisses the Stones as mediocre musical talents, this tune might change their minds!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 22, 2009 02:44

A blacker soul than The Beatles could ever hope to have....and any other white 60s band.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 22, 2009 07:42

.........More Confessin' info here ..... [www.iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: November 23, 2009 02:36

I love to play this song on the guitar. Real bluesy.

Posted by: Doctor Dear! ()
Date: November 23, 2009 05:52

There's a live version of CTB on the Beat Beat Beat bootleg that really kicks ass!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2051
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home