Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Fans & Eras
Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: November 20, 2009 22:18

Are the posters on this site fans of Rolling Stones music in general or do you listen to their music from just certain eras/time periods?

As for myself, I just listen to Stones music from the years 1968-69 to 1974-75 (a/k/a the Mick Taylor years). While the pre-1969 Stones had some good music, I never got into the Brian Jones-era tunes (seemed kind of Golden Oldie). The 1975-on Ron Wood Stones seem to embarrass themselves by first going reggae & disco and now look so old dancing about it looks silly. No offense, but is today's Mick Jagger the same who said (in the late 1960s & early 1970s) that R&R was a young man's game and that he would retire by 33?

That's my two-cents. Yours may differ & I respect that. My question remains, do most of the posters like all periods of the Stones or do you just like ceratin eras (and why)?

Just curious.

Re: Stones Fans & Eras
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 20, 2009 23:07

I'm not prejudiced.

I like it all! Well, mostly.....

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 20, 2009 23:09

yeah i am blessed: i dig the whole avalanche - thanks & praises & hail hail Rolling Stones :E

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2009 00:08

YEP!! Stones have made a couple of errors....But then again come ta think of it..... We all do

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 21, 2009 00:35

We just skip the errors from 1963 till 2000 something

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 21, 2009 00:36

Everything up util GHS, and then I cherry-pick the things I like, up to the present day.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: November 21, 2009 00:48

I too favor the MT Years, especially the Live shows, but the Stones
are like a good Drug, hard to resist any of it

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: November 21, 2009 00:51

Misterfrias, you got it 100% right.

However, the 'king's new clothes' view reigns here and you and I will be in a minority and can expect some abuse once they have stopped disecting the YaYas reissue ad nauseum.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: November 21, 2009 02:41

my fav Eras would be late 60s the 70s and early 80s but i listen to the Rolling Stones most of the time from the 70s and early 80s Era

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 21, 2009 03:45

misterfrias
Are the posters on this site fans of Rolling Stones music in general or do you listen to their music from just certain eras/time periods?

As for myself, I just listen to Stones music from the years 1968-69 to 1974-75 (a/k/a the Mick Taylor years). While the pre-1969 Stones had some good music, I never got into the Brian Jones-era tunes (seemed kind of Golden Oldie). The 1975-on Ron Wood Stones seem to embarrass themselves by first going reggae & disco and now look so old dancing about it looks silly.

They didnt 'go' reggae and disco. The Stones have always embraced other forms of music whilst still remaining primarily rooted in R&B/rock n roll. The diversity is part of their enduring greatness.

Their attitude towards their art has certainly changed for the worse in recent years but thats another argument.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 21, 2009 03:50

All of it.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: November 21, 2009 11:22

misterfrias
. While the pre-1969 Stones had some good music, I never got into the Brian Jones-era tunes
Very good music even .Neither do I .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 21, 2009 11:47

I listen to all of it, it would be boring for me to only concetrate on one period, then you don't get the whole picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-21 11:48 by Bitches Brew.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 21, 2009 11:53

IMO "The worst of the STONES" is a 20 tracks unreleased CD >grinning smiley<for a 50 years PERIOD.
so.....i think i like it allwinking smiley

HMN

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: November 21, 2009 12:59

I love the whole ride. Some eras more than others, but it's an amazing journey so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-21 12:59 by Bimmelzerbott.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 21, 2009 13:27

with studio recordings i tend to listen to the era between 1963-1996

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: November 21, 2009 13:29

Sure, there are a few non favorites- but i always bought the new albums to hear the next " gem'. Love all the eras of the stones and always will- just depends on my mood at the time as to what i want to listen to, the stones alwaya come through.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1156
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home