Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

One year ago in Italy
Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: July 6, 2008 14:46

One year ago I attended my first and only concert and it was the greatest experience ever.Anyone who was there/

Re: One year ago in Italy
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 6, 2008 14:57

Yes. It was a great show, and Rome is a great city to visit any time!

The Rolling Stones
Stadio Olimpico, Rome, Italy
Friday July 6, 2007

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 6, 2008 16:14

StratoGR
One year ago I attended my first and only concert and it was the greatest experience ever.Anyone who was there/

I was there, amidst that all that well documented chaos right down at the front of stage. I spent the entire show standing on a second row chair, drinking beer and enjoying the hell out of the show; meanwhile Mrs PW was standing on the chair next to me and having occasional sense of humour failures as beer bottles kept raining down her from behind (they all seemed to miss me and hit her) - and all around us there was a sea totally smashed Italians and a scene of what could only be described as absolute chaos of the first order ... it was GREAT !! Loved it, one of the most chaotic but atmospheric Stones shows ever.

Date: July 6, 2008 16:33

I had a great ticket for the Rome show, up front as far as I remember. I was hanging around the B-stage talking to friends when I saw the hundreds of people crashing the security and coming down from the upper levels to the floor area and front of stage. The security people did nothing. The front area was totally packed. I simply enjoyed the show from where I was at the time and did not bother to fight the super-packed front of stage crowd. This was probably the most chaotic security of the entire tour but still a great show. Only song I missed was "Con Le Mie Lacrime", but I got it the year before in Milan, and never expected to get it again...

And after that we got so much more fun - Budva - Barcelona secrecy - Belgrade - Bucharest - Budapest - 43 C degrees hot weather and the heat wave. Great days, and I can't believe it is already one year ago.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 6, 2008 16:41

That one has to be the best show I've ever attended!!!!!! Man, they kicked ass big time!!!!!!!! How great it was!!!!!!!!!!!! Ronnie's solo on "Can't You Hear Me Knocking?" Was SMOKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hard to believe a year's already past by, you're right BV!!!

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: July 6, 2008 19:17

I arrived in Italy the day before and the only tickets that had left were the cheap ones.I was shocked that I did 30 hours of travel to be that far from the stage,but thanks god I was from the lucky ones that got almost front row.It wasn't right but it would be a waste if I had remained back there.
My friend chatted a bit with Keith's daughter I throw him my skull scarf.I wasn't luck enough to get a pick.I also got great pictures from there.I wish I could go back in time sad smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 8, 2009 19:56

Which picture do you prefer?
Rome july 2007:

Rome november 2009:

Anyway, after two years, now that I think of it, the invasion of the pitch was pretty cool after all, wasn't it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-08 20:18 by Harm.

Date: November 8, 2009 20:08

I would prefer the Stones. Any time. The Fontani de Trevi is there at all times. Same with beautiful looking girls. But the Stones have not visited the city of Rome Italy in ages - decades. Give me the Stones. Then I can take the girls and Trevi in-between tours...

Bjornulf

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 8, 2009 21:31

Date: November 8, 2009 21:39

Thanks, I've never seen those video's before.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 8, 2009 22:27

i was there and had a 2nd row chair. couldn't believe my eyes when i saw the waves of people coming down from the stands...they all surrounded my chair but luckily the security did push them back behind me at first. i was ready for the second surge and joined in, getting a spot at the rail.

getting home after the show was a drag. the busses had stopped running and there was much confusion about how to get where we needed to go...

Date: November 8, 2009 22:37

little queenie
getting home after the show was a drag. the busses had stopped running and there was much confusion about how to get where we needed to go...
Indeed a drag

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 8, 2009 22:43

... Anyway, after two years, now that I think of it, the invasion of the pitch was pretty cool after all, wasn't it? ...

No Harm, it wasn't for my Lady Anne and me.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 8, 2009 23:07

Rolling Hansie
... Anyway, after two years, now that I think of it, the invasion of the pitch was pretty cool after all, wasn't it? ...

No Harm, it wasn't for my Lady Anne and me.

True

Date: November 9, 2009 00:58

I wonder if they play @ Circus Maximus do people sneak onto the Palatine Hill to watch?
Roma Mi piace Molto.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 9, 2009 11:57

I didn't go to Rome because a) it against my religion to go to see the Stones in a seated venue, b) the prices were truly exaggerated (for the same amount I saw two concerts elsewhere).

It made me laugh when I read what happened!

C

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 9, 2009 12:08

I love Rome and it must be great to attend a stones concert there, but seeing the Stones perform in a stadium that is that empty is brutal. The fans did the right thing, they stormed to the front.

Posted by: farawayeyes2 ()
Date: November 9, 2009 13:10

nobodody was seated guys, maybe danging standing on chairs xd

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 9, 2009 13:17

I was there. the show was excellent, but the stadio olimpico was
50% full . very sad to see that; that's why i really believe next time
they won't play in italy in case of stadium tour.
arena tour is a totally different subject, they can play in many place in italy
too..

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 9, 2009 13:34

andrea66
I was there. the show was excellent, but the stadio olimpico was
50% full . very sad to see that; that's why i really believe next time
they won't play in italy in case of stadium tour.
arena tour is a totally different subject, they can play in many place in italy
too..

The stadium was half empty because of the ridiculously high prices. To see the Stones in the FOS section in Milano, same tour, cost half the price. Sure, Rome was "seated", but selling seats to a rock and roll audience, for me, is like selling air con to the Eskimos!

C

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: November 9, 2009 14:29

I was at that show and was quite shocked - in a capital city - to see how empty the stadium was. Why was that - especially after Streets Of Love was a #1 over there?

Still, it was a great show - Satisfaction in particular sticks in my mind from that show.

For a change I was sitting quite some way from the front and was really surprised that the Italians around me weren't up and dancing and getting really into the show. They were just sitting there like lemons. Even worse, they kept demanding I sit down so I don't obstruct their view. Italians have legs, don't they?

Anyway, in the end we evacuated ourselves to the aisles and had a great time drinking and dancing there!

Posted by: rubylyn ()
Date: November 9, 2009 14:38

I was there, and wasnt so great as it was been in Milan one year early.
And surprised me see the prices and as the fans there act so different than I was always used do.
I were pretty closen to the stage. But I have dancing and waving as I'm always did when I see them.
But they will dont get back in the next tour.
It rest about me, the France, and Germany if you still want see them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1372
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home