Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Wembley 1973 dvd
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 6, 2009 16:20

Has anyone seen this yet? Perhaps its just another one of the super 8 videos that just plays a few seconds of each song like the 1972 MSG one..

[www.rsvp2000.com.ar]

[www.rsvp2000.com.ar]

[www.rsvp2000.com.ar]

Re: Wembley 1973 dvd
Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: November 6, 2009 17:06

Take a look

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: November 6, 2009 18:59

It says sourced from private 8mm film in the description in your first link, so that should give you an idea. As far as whether or not it's just a few seconds of each song it doesn't say, but how good can it be if it's 8mm. It's made by the same company that did MSG '72, so it's probably pretty similar.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: November 6, 2009 19:10

This release from IMP is a great one, editing various sources from 8 mm amateurish films and putting them altogether it create a great picture of the Stones Wembley 73 shows and allows viewers to get a glimpse of one of the greatest Stones tours that unfortunately has so scarce film coverage even between hardcore collectors; on top of that the 1973 Old Grey Whistle Test that feature a stunning Jagger interview. Everything is OK with this release,packaging very good and informative and so still I wonder why it hasn t been put out on a silver disc. Anyway this title was announced by IMP itself at the end of its European Tour 73 DVD with a small promo clip and here is the real thing, merging four different 8 mm. films sources. IMP logo is unobtrusively placed on top left of the screen. The four sources come from what are called Roll A (Alternate Cam Master film found in August 2009), Roll B (Legacy Sub Master film newly found in August 2009) and Roll C (Off Line Dub from Legacy Master film available since the late 70s). Let s see chapter by chapter: The first film comes from the second show of the 8th September 73 concert and has bits of saturated colours offering some complete songs (“Brown Sugar”, “Happy”, “All Down The Line”) an almost complete one (“Honky Tonk Women”) and a number of songs that either lack the beginning (“Tumbling Dice”,”You Can t Always Get What You Want”, “Midnight Rambler”) or the end (“Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo”,“Rip This Joint”) but there are also a couple of songs that miss the middle part (“Jumping Jack Flash” and “Street Fighting Man”). Anyway a great effort has produced a really good mix from two different video sources and also two audio ones as the original mono audience recording is supplemented by a stereo soundboard version off Bruxelles Affair. From the stage action there are interesting theatrical Jagger moves like when he walks during “Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo” or the belt hitting the stage during “Midnight Rambler”; during “All Down The Line” big balloons are thrown from the stage to the crowd and back while on “Street Fighting Man” it is possible to see Steve Madaio playing percussions on the far right of the stage.
The Lost Wembley Film is a version of the second 8th Sept. concert newly found in August 2009 that sports perfect colours and offers “Brown Sugar” and “Happy” (with stereo soundboard audio) from a different source. The Legacy Version is a copy of what has been available from the late 70s, transferred at first to Beta Max and later to VHS, edited originally by Tri-X; this is a not synchronized silent film that was dubbed with Bruxelles Affair soundtrack (mono) but the guy made a mistake and from minute 7.02 through 10.30 we just hear him and friends talking in Japanese and laughing. This is a mix of the 8th Sept.2nd show with the 9th Sept. show that present a different source, footage taken from an elevated position showing the stage from above, really great too bad is too short. The Nasty Music show presents just two songs (“Happy” and “Street Fighting Man”) stereo soundboard soundtrack to the 9th Sept. concert shown mostly in slow motion under red lights: this is another source with many close ups and has been called Extreme Sync because it has been very hard, allegedly, to mix it with music (hence the slow motion trick). Finally we get the Old Grey Whistle Test that has a black stripe on top of the video. Bob Harris introduces two new videos (“Silver Train” and “Dancing With Mr.D”) and a nice Jagger interview done in an unknown Munich Restaurant on September 28th where Jagger is seen smoking and drinking beer and says interesting things like that Angie was composed during the 72 US Tour and speaks of his battle with A,Klein to release a 72 live album. This is a really nice release and we can just hope that similar projects will be released by this label in the near future.
Running time: 77.21

Posted by: Bitch2 ()
Date: November 6, 2009 20:31

Like to watch this, I mean even Stones is out of sync on their official release of GYYYO, so this should be good

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 6, 2009 20:38

quick question..not worthy of a new thread...

when did the Stones first play a stadium gig in the US? was it a sell-out?

did they play arenas & auditoriums etc.. up thru '69 and begin stadiums in '72?

what about england/europe?

am i mistaken...not as many arenas in europe (in 1970s)? began playing stadiums earlier in england/europe??

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 6, 2009 20:47

Well in 1975 there were a few Buffalo and Seattle off the top of my head, not sure if they were sell outs. In Europe maybe Wembley being the first ones.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 6, 2009 20:47

sweet neo con
quick question..not worthy of a new thread...

when did the Stones first play a stadium gig in the US? was it a sell-out?

did they play arenas & auditoriums etc.. up thru '69 and begin stadiums in '72?

what about england/europe?

am i mistaken...not as many arenas in europe (in 1970s)? began playing stadiums earlier in england/europe??

First stadium concert in Europe; Helsinki 1970 - allthough only a part of the stadium was used
But there were no stadium shows in Europe (apart from Helsinki) before 1976
1973 was their last indoor-only-tour

The played RFK Stadium in Washington DC on 4th of July 1972.....that was the first one in America, unless memory fails me - no more before 1975

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 6, 2009 20:49

Hound Dog
In Europe maybe Wembley being the first ones.

That was Wembley Empire Pool....it was an indoor venue

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 6, 2009 20:54

Thanks Erik! smileys with beer

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Rochdale3 ()
Date: November 6, 2009 22:55

No stadium in Seattle until 1981, they played the Seattle Center Coliseum (now Key Arena) in 1975 which was an indoor basketball arena for the now departed Sonics sad smiley

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: November 6, 2009 23:03

Saw the Stones in England through the early part of the 70's no outdoor stadiums , the first large outdoor gig (Apart from Hyde park was knebworth, saw them in 76 their at the Knebwoth fair gig.After that most of the tours in England were stadiums as far as i can remember.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 7, 2009 00:38

Hound Dog
Well in 1975 there were a few Buffalo and Seattle off the top of my head, not sure if they were sell outs. In Europe maybe Wembley being the first ones.

Seattle was the Seattle Coliseum. 1981 14-15 Oct. was The Kingdome.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home