Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I'm Going Down?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 31, 2009 06:17

I have recently rediscovered this near-masterpiece of a song. It could have been a classic had Mick finished the lyrics. My original Metamorphosis pressing had it credited Jagger/Richards/Taylor, then the "Taylor" was removed. Was Taylor's credit a mistake or were the Stones just being spiteful in removing the credit?...Also, was this a Sticky Fingers outtake? I saw credits here somewhere that showed Steven Stills on guitar and Bill Plummer on bass. If that's true, it would place it from the LA Exile overdub sessions. Can anyone shed any light on this tune? It's also great to play in Open G.

Re: I'm Going Down?
Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: October 31, 2009 13:56

This song is from June/Oct/Nov 1969, recorded at Olympic, London and then in LA with B.Plummer, S.Stills, Bobby and Rocky Dijon. The song credit is not cleared up. My UK-pressing has the Taylor-credit on record but not on the backcover. Someone with further informations?

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: October 31, 2009 15:02

71Tele
I saw credits here somewhere that showed Steven Stills on guitar and Bill Plummer on bass. If that's true, it would place it from the LA Exile overdub sessions.

the stones did some recording in l.a. during the let it bleed sessions i belive at sunset sound studios because bruce botnick (engineer noted for his work with the doors and love) has a credit on the let it bleed record sleeve

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 31, 2009 19:09

Ghostryder, I don't think Bill Plummer would have been present for the LIB LA sessions, only the Exile ones.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2057
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home