Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Brand New Tom Petty!!!!!
Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: June 6, 2010 14:06

Monkeytonkman
andy js
I've recently rediscovered Mr Petty. Its about time he got back to Europe

How longs it been now ?

Yeah man, It's about time. Get yourselves over to Europe, been to long man, we got some rockin to do!!!

Yes, it´s been a long long long time. BUT there won´t be any europe dates. what a shame

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 6, 2010 19:11

peter
just returned from Petty in Oakland....damn good show....anyone on this board go ?....would like to see a setlist....peter
Stonestod and ChrisM were there I believe. I didn't go. Seen him 6 times already. I'll wait until he plays the Fillmore again. Did some searching,don't have the exact setlist. But from Petty's site,here are some cool pics from the second RedRocks show. Including a pic of a handwritten setlist(ala springsteen). I don't think last night's was much different. [www.tompetty.com]

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 7, 2010 01:45

Hey Fred. We did indeed go and it was my first Petty show and I was not disspointed. A great show from start to finish! Mike Cambell really cut loose on a few numbers and so it was good to see him step out as he isually play more understatedly on record. Joe Cocket played all his hits and was if fine voice. The new materal was very good and very different from their what they had done before. Very Allmanesque with hints of Led Zeppelin, to my ears at least. looking forward to hearing the album when it comes out next week!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 7, 2010 01:47

petty bored me a bit - the new songs didn't work in a large setting like that, and he paced the show very poorly, imo. i've seen the band do much better than this. meanwhile, cocker was in great voice and his 75-minute set cooked along beautifully. a living legend he is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-07 01:48 by StonesTod.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 7, 2010 01:53

as an aside, found out as we were checking out of our oakland hotel this morning, that tom and his entourage were staying at the same hotel and partied until the wee hours - but our foursome wasn't invited - an obvious oversight on tom's part.

but we did get to meet the once and future governor of california at the subsequent breakfast....

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 7, 2010 01:54

Petty's new CD stinks. In concert, he is great!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 7, 2010 17:25

The selist from Oakland saturday night. Show also up on Dime.

1. applause
2. King's Highway
3. Listen To Her Heart
4. I Won't Back Down
5. Free Falling
6. Oh Well
7. Mary Jane's Last Dance
8. Drivin' Down To Georgia
9. Breakdown
10. introductions
11. Jefferson Jericho Blues
12. First Flash Of Freedom
13. Running Man's Bible
14. I Should Have Known It
15. Good Enough
16. Learning To Fly
17. Don't Come Around Here No More
18. Refugee
19. applause
(encores
20. Running Down A Dream
21. Mystic Eyes
22. American Girl

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1191
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home