Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Rolling Stone Mag (Madonna Cover) Rates YA-YA'S Box Set 5 STARS
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: October 15, 2009 03:21

Just got the new Rolling Stone in the post today (Black and White Madonna Cover with a LONG interview) and it reviews the new GET YER YA-YA'S OUT Box Set. Thumbs up all the way, 5 stars (that's a top of the top rating) ONLY one effing problem !!! Not ONE WORD about the DVD !!! Man did that piss me off (they did specify MIDNIGHT RAMBLER and SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL as the "key tracks", let's hope they're both on the DVD, that means SYMPATHY from MSG, not the Altamont one, that's already out). Out in 3 weeks in the USA !!!! (includes never before seen Jagger photo in American flag top hat and the black Leo outfit. Means JUMPING JACK FLASH or CAROL I think. Photo by Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images) Can't wait for this THING to come out !!!

Re: New Rolling Stone Mag (Madonna Cover) Rates YA-YA'S Box Set 5 STARS
Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: October 15, 2009 03:27

For the greatest live album of all time, they should be awarding 6 out of 5!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 15, 2009 04:04

HelterSkelter
Just got the new Rolling Stone in the post today (Black and White Madonna Cover with a LONG interview) and it reviews the new GET YER YA-YA'S OUT Box Set. Thumbs up all the way, 5 stars (that's a top of the top rating) ONLY one effing problem !!! Not ONE WORD about the DVD !!! Man did that piss me off (they did specify MIDNIGHT RAMBLER and SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL as the "key tracks", let's hope they're both on the DVD, that means SYMPATHY from MSG, not the Altamont one, that's already out).

Do you consider a LONG Madonna interview to be a good thing? Anyway, I thought it was pretty well established here MONTHS AGO that the DVD has the same five songs as the bonus CD: Satisfaction, Under My Thumb, I'm Free, You Gotta Move, and Prodigal Son.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 15, 2009 04:21

HMN

Date: October 15, 2009 04:45

tatters
Do you consider a LONG Madonna interview to be a good thing? Anyway, I thought it was pretty well established here MONTHS AGO that the DVD has the same five songs as the bonus CD: Satisfaction, Under My Thumb, I'm Free, You Gotta Move, and Prodigal Son.

Tatters (hey, they say that in "Shattered")) Dude, you obviously am not familiar with my work on IORR (U B a semi - newbie IOW), no, Madonna is not my cup of tea (I've ragged about her numerous times on here) The only "long" that went well with Madonna was she would sit on top of Basketball Player and Boyfriend Dennis Rodman and he'd spin her like a carnival ride (you make the connection). I don't think Satisfaction is on the DVD, it's already on GIMME SHELTER as well as Prodigal Son (and Altamont's "Under My Thumb" ). If you are correct than just a new UMT/I'm Free/Gotta Move is pretty disappointing. I mean, the highlight of 1969 was MIDNIGHT RAMBLER as well as SYMPATHY and STRAY CAT BLUES (squeeze GIMME SHELTER - played on and off, and LIVE WITH ME - good rocker, on my list). None of which (from MSG) has ever been seen. Now I have to do some research, thanks AMIGO !!!

Date: October 15, 2009 05:08

HelterSkelter
tatters

Tatters (hey, they say that in "Shattered")) Dude, you obviously am not familiar with my work on IORR (U B a semi - newbie IOW), no, Madonna is not my cup of tea (I've ragged about her numerous times on here) The only "long" that went well with Madonna was she would sit on top of Basketball Player and Boyfriend Dennis Rodman and he'd spin her like a carnival ride (you make the connection). I don't think Satisfaction is on the DVD, it's already on GIMME SHELTER as well as Prodigal Son (and Altamont's "Under My Thumb" ). If you are correct than just a new UMT/I'm Free/Gotta Move is pretty disappointing. I mean, the highlight of 1969 was MIDNIGHT RAMBLER as well as SYMPATHY and STRAY CAT BLUES (squeeze GIMME SHELTER - played on and off, and LIVE WITH ME - good rocker, on my list). None of which (from MSG) has ever been seen. Now I have to do some research, thanks AMIGO !!!

As far as I can ascertain, your "work" here consists of praising to a ridiculous degree things that you really hate, and dumping to a ridiculous degree on things you really love. You write sarcastically. Nothing wrong with that except that you are really bad at it. After a while I can't tell, and have stopped caring, about what it is that you really like and really don't like. I'm guessing that you ARE in love with Madonna, but if it's Italian girls you crave, LADY GAGA is where it's at today, my friend.

As for your research, I'm pretty sure amazon.com can tell you anything you may need to know about the new Ya-Ya's. And yes, the news IS a little disappointing!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 15, 2009 05:40

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 15, 2009 06:18

A strong man who can take it and dish it out.

Are the fine women above Ronnie's prospective new in-laws?

Date: October 15, 2009 07:56

tatters/HeltersResponses
HelterSkelter
tatters
I thought it was pretty well established here MONTHS AGO that the DVD has the same five songs as the bonus CD: Satisfaction, Under My Thumb, I'm Free, You Gotta Move, and Prodigal Son.

Tatters (hey, they say that in "Shattered")) Dude, I don't think Satisfaction is on the DVD, it's already on GIMME SHELTER as well as Prodigal Son (and Altamont's "Under My Thumb" ). If you are correct than just a new UMT/I'm Free/Gotta Move is pretty disappointing. I mean, the highlight of 1969 was MIDNIGHT RAMBLER as well as SYMPATHY and STRAY CAT BLUES (squeeze GIMME SHELTER - played on and off, and LIVE WITH ME - good rocker, on my list). None of which (from MSG) has ever been seen. Now I have to do some research, thanks AMIGO !!!

As far as I can ascertain, your "work" here consists of praising to a ridiculous degree things that you really hate, and dumping to a ridiculous degree on things you really love. You write sarcastically. Nothing wrong with that except that you are really bad at it.

YEAH, BUT MY I.Q. IS 39 SO I THINK I'M NOT DOING BAD (SOMEONE TOLD ME 39 WAS A BIT LOW). ARE YOU BEING MEAN TO ME? THAT'S EVIL YOU KNOW. YOU ARE EVIL MAN MAYBE

After a while I can't tell, and have stopped caring, about what it is that you really like and really don't like. I'm guessing that you ARE in love with Madonna,

I LOVE "LA ISLA BONITA": THE PRETTY - OR BEAUTIFUL - ISLAND (TO TRANSLATE FOR YOU - ES NADA)

but if it's Italian girls you crave, LADY GAGA is where it's at today,

IS THIS THE REALLY BAD SARCASM YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT? I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN, OH MAN, WAY BEYOND BAD DUDE..... WHOA !!! CRAZY STUFF....

As for your research, I'm pretty sure amazon.com can tell you anything you may need to know about the new Ya-Ya's. And yes, the news IS a little disappointing!

I'M NOT BUYING THE AMAZON DESCRIPTION. IT LOOKS LIKE THERE WAS VERY LITTLE INFO ON THE DVD SO THEY JUST COPIED DISC 2 INFO TO FILL IN. THAT SONG LINE UP DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. YOU PUT IN I'M FREE BUT LEAVE OUT RAMBLER? DOESN'T MAKE SENSE MATE. I BET YOU A BIG GIANT BAG OF "MAUI WOWIE" AMAZON IS WRONG - THEY'RE IN TATTERS, MY BRAINS BEEN SCATTERED, ALL OVER.... ALL OVER.... UM, I FORGET smiling smiley

Date: October 16, 2009 01:57

HelterSkelter
tatters/HeltersResponses
HelterSkelter
tatters
I thought it was pretty well established here MONTHS AGO that the DVD has the same five songs as the bonus CD: Satisfaction, Under My Thumb, I'm Free, You Gotta Move, and Prodigal Son.

Tatters (hey, they say that in "Shattered")) Dude, I don't think Satisfaction is on the DVD, it's already on GIMME SHELTER as well as Prodigal Son (and Altamont's "Under My Thumb" ). If you are correct than just a new UMT/I'm Free/Gotta Move is pretty disappointing. I mean, the highlight of 1969 was MIDNIGHT RAMBLER as well as SYMPATHY and STRAY CAT BLUES (squeeze GIMME SHELTER - played on and off, and LIVE WITH ME - good rocker, on my list). None of which (from MSG) has ever been seen. Now I have to do some research, thanks AMIGO !!!

As far as I can ascertain, your "work" here consists of praising to a ridiculous degree things that you really hate, and dumping to a ridiculous degree on things you really love. You write sarcastically. Nothing wrong with that except that you are really bad at it.

YEAH, BUT MY I.Q. IS 39 SO I THINK I'M NOT DOING BAD (SOMEONE TOLD ME 39 WAS A BIT LOW). ARE YOU BEING MEAN TO ME? THAT'S EVIL YOU KNOW. YOU ARE EVIL MAN MAYBE

After a while I can't tell, and have stopped caring, about what it is that you really like and really don't like. I'm guessing that you ARE in love with Madonna,

I LOVE "LA ISLA BONITA": THE PRETTY - OR BEAUTIFUL - ISLAND (TO TRANSLATE FOR YOU - ES NADA)

but if it's Italian girls you crave, LADY GAGA is where it's at today,

IS THIS THE REALLY BAD SARCASM YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT? I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN, OH MAN, WAY BEYOND BAD DUDE..... WHOA !!! CRAZY STUFF....

I'M NOT BUYING THE AMAZON DESCRIPTION. IT LOOKS LIKE THERE WAS VERY LITTLE INFO ON THE DVD SO THEY JUST COPIED DISC 2 INFO TO FILL IN. THAT SONG LINE UP DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. YOU PUT IN I'M FREE BUT LEAVE OUT RAMBLER? DOESN'T MAKE SENSE MATE. I BET YOU A BIG GIANT BAG OF "MAUI WOWIE" AMAZON IS WRONG - THEY'RE IN TATTERS, MY BRAINS BEEN SCATTERED, ALL OVER.... ALL OVER.... UM, I FORGET smiling smiley

You're right. It doesn't make sense. But with the release date only a few weeks away, it's safe to say that the discs have already been manufactured and are ready to ship. If they contained anything OTHER than the amazon description, wouldn't SOMEONE on here have heard about it by now and reported it?

Date: October 16, 2009 04:43

Naw tatters, Amazon screws up ALL THE TIME on small details. I do A LOT of business with them - espescially Photography books - almost weekly, I can give you 1/2 dozen examples (at one point they had an exclusive DVD in the Amazon exclusive Stones remasters box set - SF to ABB minus EXILE). Since they have their shipping down 99% I let all other matters slide..... just get the sh*t to me !!!! We will have to wait and see on NOVEMBER 3rd smiling smiley (what makes sense on the DVD is JJF/CAROL/SYMPATHY/STRAY CAT/PRODIGAL /LOVE IN VAIN - not the slo-mo montage, the LIVE version/UMT/MR/GIMME SHELTER/QUEENIE/SAT/HTW/SFM

Date: October 16, 2009 16:36

HelterSkelter
Naw tatters, Amazon screws up ALL THE TIME on small details. I do A LOT of business with them - espescially Photography books - almost weekly, I can give you 1/2 dozen examples (at one point they had an exclusive DVD in the Amazon exclusive Stones remasters box set - SF to ABB minus EXILE). Since they have their shipping down 99% I let all other matters slide..... just get the sh*t to me !!!! We will have to wait and see on NOVEMBER 3rd smiling smiley (what makes sense on the DVD is JJF/CAROL/SYMPATHY/STRAY CAT/PRODIGAL /LOVE IN VAIN - not the slo-mo montage, the LIVE version/UMT/MR/GIMME SHELTER/QUEENIE/SAT/HTW/SFM

What would make sense on the DVD is a complete, unedited concert. But I don't really believe that YOU really believe that we're all going to pop in our DVDs next month and exclaim "Hey, what do you know? A complete, unedited concert! How about them apples?" I suspect that you really don't think this is going to be the case, and that holding out this false hope for us all is really just your convoluted, upside-down, inside-out, passive-aggressive way of saying "The choices they made for DVD don't make much sense, do they?" Which is what many of us have been saying for the past two months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-16 16:39 by tatters.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 16, 2009 16:41

Well it doesn't fookin' matter now does it? Because when it comes out it will have what it has on it.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 16, 2009 16:46

Hope this hasn't ben posted before on another thread......

The Rolling Stones' 'Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!' reissue: A Music Mix sneak peek
by Clark Collis

Okay, so it may not be in the same league as “I have a dream” or “Ask not what your country can do for you…” but one of my favorite live-album ad libs appears on the Rolling Stones’ Get Yer Ya-Ya’s Out! when Mick Jagger declares, “Charlie’s good tonight, innee!” The “Charlie” in question is, of course, drummer Charlie Watts and a terrific job he did in 1969 at Madison Square Garden (where the album was recorded), propelling the Greatest Rock & Roll Band In The World through performances of, among others, “Midnight Rambler,” “Sympathy for the Devil,” “Honky Tonk Women,” “Love In Vain,” and “Jumpin’ Jack Flash.”

The good news? Now I—and you!— can hear Mick’s compliment and that track listing with much greater clarity. In November, ABKCO are releasing a 40th-anniversary deluxe boxed-set version of Ya-Ya’s which includes a remastered version of the album, an additional disc of five previously unreleased tracks, and a third disc featuring songs by the Stones’ Garden support acts B.B. King and Ike and Tina Turner. The set will also contain a DVD of material shot by the Maysles brothers of the MSG shows as well as other footage of the band offstage, plus a 56-page Collectors Edition book.

Last week, I got a sneak peek at the new Ya-Ya’s and it really is a terrific piece of work. The remastered Stones music is a revelation and, in particular, allows you to better enjoy the bluesy genius of guitarist Mick Taylor, who, with all due respect to Brian Jones and Ron Wood, really is by far the most talented foil for Keith Richards that the Stones ever had.

A lot of the Maysles footage is utterly gripping, if for very different reasons. One hilarious sequence finds Charlie Watts reluctantly participating in a Ya-Ya’s photo shoot with a donkey on a particularly desolate British day. Another scene, loaded in hindsight with portentousness, features the Stones monkeying around with the Grateful Dead just prior to leaving for the disastrous Altamont festival. (Incidentally, the Maysles’ documentary about Altamont, Gimme Shelter, will be released by Criterion on Blu-ray at the start of December.)

So, are you as excited about the new Ya-Ya’s as me? And is anyone going to seriously argue about this Mick Taylor-equipped, Exile on Main St.-producing version of the Stones being the best? Or, for that matter, that they really are The Greatest Rock & Roll Band in the World?

[music-mix.ew.com]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1084
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home