Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Help needed for a band's name .
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 3, 2009 19:42

I went today in a TV shop to buy a new TV ,bigger screen (Ahhhh...Mick on a big screen ....)and more flat. While I was waiting for the informations ,I've watched a rock concert but I wasn't able to know the band's name.

They sang a song whose lyrics were "Give My Money Back " or "Give my Money Down "
4 guitar players (one with blond hair and clown trousers ,60 years or a bit less /another one younger with very long brown hair ) a bassist ,at least 4 or 5 people on brass ....it sounded like half blues /half country ...Americans probably .

I don't know how to ask in greater details....does that mean something to you ?
I am sure I know them...

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: Help needed for a band's name .
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 3, 2009 20:07

This one?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: October 3, 2009 20:27

Thanks for your anwer Deltics but no ....It's definitely not this band...the lyrics I've heard weren't that rude (pretty girl on the net, strange affairs in the web so i called to you and i paid before i came into you....
but before you go you have...to.....
your ****** have filled my eyes,but my **** now cries
....etc etc )

No singer woman ...and I was wrong /mistaken ,it was a kind of blues & rock band ,not country band ,that means long guitar solos ..the number I was talking about was almost 15 minutes long .

The four guitarists jumpted on theit feet while playing guitar.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: October 3, 2009 20:31

That'll be this one, then:
[www.mp3lyrics.org]

[www.sleazeroxx.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-03 20:47 by Deltics.

Date: October 3, 2009 20:50

Deltics
That'll be this one, then:
[www.mp3lyrics.org]

Well ,no ,the lyrics from your link were the ones I was talking about ...that's why I added **** on my quote.And that's why I said "the lyrics I've heard weren't that rude ".

Could it be "Pay My Money Down "??confused smiley

Date: October 3, 2009 20:53

Sorry, I misunderstood.
I tried!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-03 20:59 by Deltics.

Date: October 5, 2009 13:04

Thanks for trying ,Deltics .
Could it be Alvin Lee I didn't reckon ? confused smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 5, 2009 14:32

Could it be "Pay Me My Money Down" with Bruce Springsteen and the Sessions band....or maybe performed by some other band....? tiresome song BTW !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-05 14:41 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 5, 2009 14:56

It is a hard task with so little information to go by, but what you described reminded
me of Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Ballad of Curtis Loew, although I am not sure there are any
live takes of this song to be shown in TV shops.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: October 5, 2009 15:01

dont know it. but for the next time: there is a great thing called "musicfinder". you just simply call with your mobile and after 20 seconds you get a message with the song and band/interpret name. here in switzerland it's called "musicfinder". but you get that everywhere. it's based on the technology "shazam". also available for iphone.

Date: October 5, 2009 15:01

Erik_Snow
Could it be "Pay Me My Money Down" with Bruce Springsteen and the Sessions band....or maybe performed by some other band....? tiresome song BTW !

I realized I wrote "it sounds half blues/half country " but I meant blues/rock more or less.
4 electric guitars playing together (very quick on it ),the singer had blond hair and the 4 of them jumping like a spring .May be it was a tribute although I don't think so because the concert took place in an arena I think .
Sorry to bother with my E.T questions ..lol .
Thanks to both of you ,Deltics and Erik Snow !smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 5, 2009 16:25

Skynyrd "Gimme Back My Bullets"?

They had 3 background singers, but no brass section (yeah, yeah, on studio stuff like "What's Your Name", but not live).

Sounds similar to Skynyrd's Knebworth show while opening for the Stones. It's on "Free Bird, The Movie".

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: October 5, 2009 16:32

[www.wingmusic.co.nz]

Could it be Wing, From "Wing sings the Carpenters"?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 5, 2009 17:40

Might it have been...

or perhaps..

maybe even..

oh well, last go...

Date: October 7, 2009 10:47

marcovandereijk
It is a hard task with so little information to go by, but what you described reminded
me of Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Ballad of Curtis Loew, although I am not sure there are any
live takes of this song to be shown in TV shops.

No ,this ain't .I phoned yesterday to the shop where I saw the part of this concert ,but the seller didn't know either the name of the band .He said he will try to find out which broadcast they usually use. May be he thought I was crazy....

Thanks anyhow Erik ,deltics ,Marco,elmo and guitarbastard for your tries.I thought it would be more obvious because of the 4 guitarists playing together .May be one day I'll find out .
Cheers,
Sway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1713
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home