Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith Richards And His Incredible Immune System
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 1, 2009 03:06

HA!

[www.planetradiocity.com]

Sixty-five-year-old Keith Richards told a magazine last year that doctors from around the world have requested that he donate his body to their institution after he dies, so that they can examine his immune system.

Richards said, “Doctors all over the world want my body when it finally goes. Apparently, I do have an incredible immune system. I had Hepatitis C and cured it myself. Just by being me. They (doctors) want it so they can study it and figure out how to make other people much better. I mean, I eat everything wrong. I shove terrible things inside me.”

Truly, he does. In 2007, when a rock journalist asked him what the strangest thing he ever snorted was, he was quoted as saying, “My father. I snorted my father. He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow (cocaine). My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I’m still alive.”

Richards later, however, said he was misquoted – he hadn’t grinded it up with cocaine at all, but snorted the ashes unaccompanied. Richards’ nasty drug addictions and eccentric habits are well-known, but this revelation caused a media uproar. Unlike the case with most musicians, journalists have never had to pry with Richards. He has never had qualms about making confessions.

About his ‘wild’ image, he has said, “It’s something you drag around behind you like a long shadow ... Even though that was nearly 20 years ago, you cannot convince some people that I’m not a mad drug addict. So I’ve still got that in my baggage.”

Well, maybe he isn’t the ‘mad drug addict’, but Richards is still off his rocker, as is manifest in his actions. In 2006, the guitarist, while in Fiji, suffered a head injury after falling out from a tree he had climbed. And this was the action of a 62-year-old man with five children and three grandchildren.

But then could you imagine what he was like as a “mad drug addict”? We don’t know all about it, but the little that we do is bad enough. Keith has been arrested on drug charges five times. But he’s been let off the hook each time. Once, in 1978, he was arrested in Canada after authorities suspected that he’d used heroin on a plane that landed in the country. Richards reportedly spent too many hours in the washroom on the flight. However, his punishment was light, since he was unlikely to steal for his habit. He was ordered to perform a charity concert for the Canadian National Institute for the Blind.

The harshest punishment he received was in 1967, but even that didn’t amount to much. Richards was sentenced to a year in prison for allowing cannabis to be smoked on his property. The sentence was, however, repealed for lack of evidence.

Richards, owing to his drug use, was also a bad driver (his wife no longer lets him drive). In the late '60s, he purchased a former Nazi staff car, crashed it, then had it rebuilt, and crashed it once again. In 1971, Richards took a nap while driving and wrecked another car. He did so yet again in 1976.

The extraordinary thing is that he’s survived every accident. But why? Is he plain lucky? Guess we’ll just have to wait for when he “finally goes”.

(This is the third part in a series on rockers who lived on the edge, and survived).

Re: Keith Richards And His Incredible Immune System
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 1, 2009 07:55

No secrets here

Eat only meat and potatoes, and chocolate
No Dairy, ever
Lots of alcohol every day for decades
Smoke good weed, and other substances occasionally to balance the weed and alcohol
Laugh a lot, enjoy life, be creative and love to play and listen to good music
Surround yourself with good people- cut out the @#$%&
Chain smoke Marlboro Reds

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 1, 2009 10:41

A STRONG body in a terribly weak mind : paranoia, bouts of extreme violence against other people, fantasies passed as memories (Muddy in 64)

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: October 1, 2009 13:04

i bet none of those doctors will even be alive when keith leaves this world

Posted by: Ann Onn ()
Date: October 1, 2009 13:29

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. All persons in this story are real, except Keef Richards, who is a figment of our collective imagination.

A Cautionary Tale about Keef, Who Told Tall Stories And At Last Was Not Believed

Keef Richards told such Dreadful Lies
It made one Gasp, and Stretch One's Eyes….
Keef, when he wasn't busy rocking
Amused himself by Being Shocking.
The Press, which from its earliest youth
Has never had much time for Truth,
Pretended to believe his capers
(Besides, his yarns sold lots of papers!).

We read with growing disbelief
The tabloid legend of our Keef.
As a guitarist none could match him -
All the world's lawmen couldn't catch him -
He once stayed up nine days, for fun,
Dressed as a Nazi, wore a gun,
Swung naked from the chandelier,
And had his blood changed twice a year.
Took substances unknown to science
Yet still lived on, in wild defiance,
Surviving palm trees, fires and crashes …
(What REALLY happened to those ashes?)
And still the tales grew ever taller
With every interview and caller:
He was The Man They Couldn't Hang…

He went out with a Bigger Bang.
On tour: performing in a drizzle -
A blinding flash - a nasty sizzle
Cuts short the riff of Satisfaction
And Keef at last is out of action.
Death cries: "Oh no, not YOU again!"
Then swings his scythe with might and main.
So there's the headline, stark and frightening:
Stone Dead On Stage: Keef Struck By Lightning!

The Devil reads the Daily News
Making his list of Who is Whose…
Sees the front page and snarls "Aha!
How stupid does he think we are?
Another sick and vulgar joke
To waste the time of decent folk!
A Man of Wealth and Taste, like me
Can’t be deceived by such as he!"

So later, in the world below,
Grim Death arrives, with Keef in tow,
And sadly, at the gate of Hell,
Bids his old friend a last farewell.
But entry isn't automatic,
For Hell is very bureaucratic.
Under-Assistant West-Gate Clerk
Who guards the portal grim and dark
Checks on his clipboard, shakes his head -
"OK, OK, I know he's dead…
Richards? No Richards on my list -
His name's not down: he don't exist.
Don’t ask me what to do with him
I don't care – he’s YOUR problem, Grim."

The Reaper frowns (if skulls can frown)
And looks his captive up and down.
"Let's see - I've swiped you with the Scythe,
You're definitely not alive.
This lot don't want you - that leaves - where?
Come on - let's try our luck up there!"

When Lucifer at last gets told
His rage is frightful to behold!
“Not on my list? You useless dunce!
Throw him in boiling oil at once!
That's the last time Keef tries it on!
Fetch me my pitchfork! Where's he gone?”

When His Satanic Majesty
Demands his missing property,
St. Peter, at the Pearly Gate
Has shocking news of Richards' fate:
"Too late, he's gone beyond your power -
He's been in Heaven this half an hour!
You've missed your chance, and here he'll stay:
Especially now we've heard him play!
In Paradise you're not allowed
So will you please get off my cloud?"

So if one day you get to Heaven,
Where honest sinners are forgiven,
I'll let you guess who you might see
Tuning a harp to Open-G -
And if this tale is on the level
Please have some Sympathy for the Devil!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 1, 2009 13:32

Keith Richards And His Incredible Immune System ........

NEED TO BE ABLE TO HOLD UP FOR A FEW MORE YEARS YET !!

Question is, can they, will they ? If the answer to that is no, then hey folks ... guess what ? It's all over now.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 1, 2009 14:08

chelskeith
No secrets here

Eat only meat and potatoes, and chocolate
No Dairy, ever
Lots of alcohol every day for decades
Smoke good weed, and other substances occasionally to balance the weed and alcohol
Laugh a lot, enjoy life, be creative and love to play and listen to good music
Surround yourself with good people- cut out the @#$%&
Chain smoke Marlboro Reds

And all doctors agree that the above diet leads to a long, happy life!

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: October 1, 2009 14:08

"Sixty-five-year-old Keith Richards told a magazine last year that doctors from around the world have requested that he donate his body to their institution after he dies, so that they can examine his immune system.

Richards said, “Doctors all over the world want my body when it finally goes. Apparently, I do have an incredible immune system. I had Hepatitis C and cured it myself. Just by being me. They (doctors) want it so they can study it and figure out how to make other people much better. I mean, I eat everything wrong. I shove terrible things inside me.”"

what a load of bullshit !!!

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 1, 2009 14:29

Keith richards is certainly blessed with a solid immune system, yet this article is rubbish. Unlike other addicts Keith Richards has lots of time to recover and to relax (years), he has great doctors around him and he lives a life of luxury. He has been lucky several times, but it is not a miracle that he is still alive.It is strange that such a successful man often tells all that bullshit about his health.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 1, 2009 14:37

well...they did have to cancel a few shows when his finger got infected.

after seeing '06 Chicago/Soldier Field show...he's not immune to cold weather.

and after years of reading the IORR threads, he's not immune to being scrutinized by "fans".

but overall...he is pretty damn incredible!

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: October 1, 2009 14:38

windmelody
It is strange that such a successful man often tells all that bullshit about his health.

Outlandish bullshit is a very large part of the Rolling Stones' business plan, originally encouraged by ALO, and is kept alive to this day.

Date: October 1, 2009 14:47

Edith Grove
windmelody
It is strange that such a successful man often tells all that bullshit about his health.

Outlandish bullshit is a very large part of the Rolling Stones' business plan, originally encouraged by ALO, and is kept alive to this day.

yes...after being backstage (while working) with several rock bands...it didn't take long to realize that
the SEX, DRUGS and ROCK & ROLL image/mystique is 99% bullshit. They sit around wasting time...eating
buffet food off of paper plates watching WHeel of Fortune on tv. Of course when you get as big as the Stones,
the mystique that was created becomes a self-fulfilling thing. People treat them like the royalty they think they are.
At least it's worked out for them. winking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 1, 2009 14:52

Welcome to IORR Ann Onn. That's some mighty poem. Is it you're own work?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 1, 2009 14:59

windmelody
Keith richards is certainly blessed with a solid immune system, yet this article is rubbish. Unlike other addicts Keith Richards has lots of time to recover and to relax (years), he has great doctors around him and he lives a life of luxury. He has been lucky several times, but it is not a miracle that he is still alive.It is strange that such a successful man often tells all that bullshit about his health.

It reminds of people of people who used to say "Isn't the Queen Mother great for her age?" (The Queen Mother being the late mother of the current British Queen). Well she never did a days real work in her life, never had to worry about paying the bills, finding a job and so on or deal with any of the normal stress ordinary people are burdened with.

Date: October 1, 2009 15:02

ann - very clever poem

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 1, 2009 15:28

All been heard before.But maybe if he had looked after himself more,we would have a guitarist and songwriter who wasn't such a sad shadow of his former self.

Date: October 1, 2009 15:36

stargroover
All been heard before.But maybe if he had looked after himself more,we would have a guitarist and songwriter who wasn't such a sad shadow of his former self.

but really...how many 66 year old performers do you know that are still relevant after 45+ yrs in the business...and
essentially doing the same things they did as a 20 yr old?
Add the fact that he's in the business of ROCK & ROLL and it's even more incredible. Now add the coconut incident..and the........oh, you get my point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-01 15:38 by sweet neo con.

Date: October 1, 2009 15:46

No one commented on that very clever poem Ann Onn; very good.
You know, I have begun to believe that yes Keith has been very resilient, and is a strong dude and all. But this has been blown way bigger than it was. For starters if you can afford to do only the best drugs,plus don't run out of money - right there you have already eliminated much danger and stress that kills.
And much of the myth of constantly, to this day, doing what he does, is created and propagated by him.
I myself am aware of becoming crankier by the day; finding more and more to criticize the Stones for. Truth is; I NEED A NEW ALBUM! ONE MORE!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 1, 2009 16:37

Regardless of how true this thing is, it's funny how things can be invented to sound like Keith said them and have them sound true - because of how bombastic his comments have been over the eons.

It's no different than when he said he snorted his father's ashes. I find it hilarious, like the chihuahua smoking. Who comes up with this kind of stuff? A CHIHUAHUA? It's truly entertaining and makes me LAUGH. Brilliance.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 1, 2009 16:43

He only has four kids that I know of: Marlon, Angela, Theodora & Alexandra. Tara died as a baby.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 1, 2009 16:54

well, he has had five ... but yeah, the Department of Historical Accuracy isn't very happy with that article -
they got practically everything about the 1977 bust wrong, including the year.

meanwhile, though: very charming poem, Ann Onn! i'd ask if it's your original work,
but your screen name sounds like it's meant to forestall that. have some popcorn :E

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: October 1, 2009 16:57

Great poem - really made me smile. Thanks for that!smiling smiley

Posted by: Ann Onn ()
Date: October 1, 2009 17:15

The poem is mine but I want to stay Annonymous. Call it a free gift.

Date: October 1, 2009 17:43

Ann Onn
The poem is mine but I want to stay Annonymous. Call it a free gift.

so..your surname is Ymous? winking smiley

Date: October 1, 2009 17:47

with sssoul
well, he has had five ... but yeah, the Department of Historical Accuracy isn't very happy with that article -
they got practically everything about the 1977 bust wrong, including the year.

meanwhile, though: very charming poem, Ann Onn! i'd ask if it's your original work,
but your screen name sounds like it's meant to forestall that. have some popcorn :E

Howdy WITH SSSOUL....

I like the fact that you are always there with factual info & photo credits etc....

Are you a professional Fact-Checker? Just curious.

Posted by: squando ()
Date: October 1, 2009 17:49

Bags not being the ME that opens him up. Can you imagine the smell?

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 1, 2009 18:48

its the orange juice...lots of orange juice. vitamin C is key. the key to the highway!

and laughing a lot.

Date: October 1, 2009 18:48

squando

It would be like that scene in Jaws when Richard Dreyfuss and Roy Scheider open up the shark (not THE shark).

Just imagine what might spill out!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: October 1, 2009 19:01

Roll73
squando

It would be like that scene in Jaws when Richard Dreyfuss and Roy Scheider open up the shark (not THE shark).

hopefully not a license plate

Date: October 1, 2009 19:25

CindyC
Roll73
squando

hopefully not a license plate

Actually, I always liked the idea that Keith's demise will come in the form of spontaneously combusting on stage (at the end of the encore of course), leaving just a pair of smoking boots on stage.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1078
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home