Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Barbs/Stones 1979 CNIB show
Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 23, 2009 13:31

Hi all,

Was this show filmed?

Re: New Barbs/Stones 1979 CNIB show
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 23, 2009 14:20

Partly, from the back of the venue - with superzoom; about 20 minutes available on VHS/DVD.....don't know if the rest of the show(s) are in some Canadian vaults. You can see a snippet of it in the official 25X5 video....about 10 seconds of "Star Star".

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 23, 2009 14:26

Erik_Snow
Partly, from the back of the venue - with superzoom; about 20 minutes available on VHS/DVD.....don't know if the rest of the show(s) are in some Canadian vaults. You can see a snippet of it in the official 25X5 video....about 10 seconds of "Star Star".

The 20 minutes you're talking about aren't they from a pro shot video ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: September 23, 2009 14:30

SwayStones
Erik_Snow

The 20 minutes you're talking about aren't they from a pro shot video ?

Yes, it's pro shot, but you can see that it's really shot from a long distance, because at times - they're not "zooming" (sp?), and Rolling Stones seems to be far away at those moments. Looks like one of them "house-cameras" that some venues has.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: September 23, 2009 16:05

There's a wobbly amateur version too. Historically important, but I find it difficult to watch for any length of time.

Date: September 23, 2009 18:22

teleblaster
There's a wobbly amateur version too. Historically important, but I find it difficult to watch for any length of time.

It's the same one as the one I mentioned; it's like if the guy in charge of the camera doesn't care at all - apart from every now and then

Date: September 23, 2009 18:57

Thanks all. The reason I ask is because I found this DVD listed on a site and I wasn't even aware any footage existed let alone the entire show. What do you think? A possible scam?

144- KEITH RICHARDS & NEW BARBARIANS “ CNIB “ Benefit 1979 Full show on Video! PROSHOT! VIDEO $20/ DVD $30

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 23, 2009 20:05

>> What do you think? <<

a mislabelling at best, i'd call it -
it's either the Largo show (which is complete) or the (very incomplete) CNIB show

Date: September 24, 2009 10:48

Father Ted
Thanks all. The reason I ask is because I found this DVD listed on a site and I wasn't even aware any footage existed let alone the entire show. What do you think? A possible scam?

144- KEITH RICHARDS & NEW BARBARIANS “ CNIB “ Benefit 1979 Full show on Video! PROSHOT! VIDEO $20/ DVD $30

I only know the 20 minutes pro shot we talked about with Erik Snow .You should ask the seller what is this "full version " is.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: September 25, 2009 17:54

... our host bv has made it clear on several occasions that we shouldn't post the addresses of bootleg vendors here,
for fairly obvious reasons. you can edit your own post by hitting the "edit post" button under it.

and yes, the only complete footage of a New Barbarians show is the Largo gig.
(Knebworth Fair is close to complete, but not quite.)

Date: September 25, 2009 18:01

with sssoul
... our host bv has made it clear on several occasions that we shouldn't post the addresses of bootleg vendors here,
for fairly obvious reasons. you can edit your own post by hitting the "edit post" button under it.

Sorry to ask ,but who is the poster you're talking to ?
It seems the web link has already been delated...

Date: September 25, 2009 18:06

the site was posted a second time, by someone who plainly didn't get the message the first time it was deleted.
now it's been deleted again. maybe the explanation i left will help.

Date: September 25, 2009 18:08

Oh ,I haven't seen (or "I didn't see "???? Please ,does anyone can let me know about that one ..I am always doing the same mistake ...)any web links ,that's why .winking smiley

Date: September 25, 2009 18:19

Apologies to the admins for my second repost of the banned link. I can assure you it was not an intentional breach of the rules. I reposted it because I'd assumed that my first post just disappeared. Sorry.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home