Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith on air
Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 13, 2009 05:18

Tomorrow, our local classic rock station will be doing a feature on Keith at 9 pm. They'll be featuring the book What Would Keith Richards Do and some of his less-well-known vocals. Will be interesting to see how this is presented.

Link to station: [www.exploremusic.com] and [www.q107.com]

There's also a YouTube clip I hadn't seen before, with Keith, Willie Nelson and friends singing Dead Flowers. Maybe they're serious that they won't just be playing Happy and Little T&A tomorrow!

Re: Keith on air
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 13, 2009 08:43

that beautiful Dead Flowers is from the april 14th 2002 Willie Nelson & Friends show
that got broadcast under the title Stars & Guitars. there's a CD of it, but i think no DVD has come out (yet).
Keith also did The Worst with Sheryl Crow, and Move It On Over with the whole ensemble.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 13, 2009 10:39

Here's The Worst - I can see this one is going to become a country classic....

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 13, 2009 10:44

this one is going to become a country classic....

YEAH.... a real slow burner hidden away on VooDoo but it'll get there .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 13, 2009 13:07

Ahhh - lovely!
Made the start of my day magnificent - THANKS for posting.

Posted by: Hase ()
Date: September 13, 2009 13:08

I know the clip dead flowers - I love to see + hear it.

A Keith special at radio? Great!

Date: September 13, 2009 17:47

You guys are great to wake up to! Thanks!

Date: September 13, 2009 18:33

How do you get to listen to this?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: September 13, 2009 19:14

...love The Worst.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 13, 2009 19:20

Green Lady, won't the youtube clips play for you? i'm sorry! i think youtube changed some parameters recently,
so maybe whatever gizmo you use to hear/view clips needs updating? and/or i'll turn mine up way loud for you ... hope it helps

Date: September 13, 2009 19:34

Green Lady

In your case, Green Lady, it might be a bit difficult. It airs at 9 pm tonight, Toronto time, which is the middle of the night in Richmond. But if you are a night owl, you log onto the station web site at [www.q107.com] and click on the Listen Live button at the top.

I'm not sure whether it will be re-broadcast later or available through any audio archive, but I've sent that question in to them, and will let you know if I get a helpful response.

Date: September 14, 2009 10:04

with sssoul
Green Lady, won't the youtube clips play for you? i'm sorry! i think youtube changed some parameters recently,
so maybe whatever gizmo you use to hear/view clips needs updating? and/or i'll turn mine up way loud for you ... hope it helps

Thanks, STG - if that was the only broadcast, I've missed it now. All I can get to play from the radio station's site are the one-minute trailer clips - if there's anything else I don't know how to access it. (with sssoul, YouTube is fine, thanks all the same - though I have had that sort of trouble in the past).

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 14, 2009 10:06

SomeTorontoGirl
Green Lady

In your case, Green Lady, it might be a bit difficult. It airs at 9 pm tonight, Toronto time, which is the middle of the night in Richmond. But if you are a night owl, you log onto the station web site at [www.q107.com] and click on the Listen Live button at the top.

I'm not sure whether it will be re-broadcast later or available through any audio archive, but I've sent that question in to them, and will let you know if I get a helpful response.

Thank ya STG.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 14, 2009 11:04

Hi Some TorontoGirl ,I unfortunately missed the broadcast yesterday as I didn't read the board...
Thanks for the videos anyway !

May be one could summarize the hight points ? Were they some never-heard-before- "Keithisms" ?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: September 14, 2009 15:47

This show also broadcasts on Saturday at 9 am Toronto time, but am not sure if next Saturday will be a repeat, or a new show. I'm inclined to think that the Sunday night broadcast is the lead and the Saturday morning airing is the re-run, so you may be in luck next weekend. There wasn't a lot that was new... some references to the book, an explanation of why Keith wears the skull ring, but for the average radio listener, it is nice they were able hear some of the songs that don't usually make the air. They included Coming Down Again, Wicked As It Seems, Take It So Hard, I Could Have Stood You Up and Before They Make Me Run (their explanation of the latter - Keith was getting cleaned up before the Toronto criminal matter was resolved and didn't know if he'd be prosecuted for trafficking or for possession). A few other songs too but it was only a 1 hour broadcast so somewhat limited. It made my weekly ironing session go a little faster...

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: September 14, 2009 17:30

Keith is such a joy to watch whenever he's having fun playing his guitar.
Please, Keith, if not for us, then please start playing the instrument again just for your own
sake! Forget the piano. The guitar is where your heart is.
You'll love it!

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: September 14, 2009 18:04

Are Q107 that station that said they were airing the club show from the phoenix live but actually aired the bootleg audio from the palais royale instead?

OLDKR

Date: September 19, 2009 06:49

This will air again tomorrow (Saturday) at 9 am Toronto time - that's just over 9 hours from now for those flung around the world. Open the link and click on Listen Live.

[www.q107.com]

Date: September 19, 2009 07:07

"The Worst" is just such a short song (but that is another reason it is great); and IMO it is a classic.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: September 20, 2009 06:36

bump

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 20, 2009 15:39

Scorcher! Keith is full of passion and this is another classic. Thanks for posting...The WOrst

Date: September 20, 2009 15:54

Sadly I missed it again (2 pm Saturday isn't a time I am usually at home listening) but thanks very much STG for making the enquiry.

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: September 20, 2009 17:17

Beautiful. Keith should simply do an album of country tear-jerkers...guaranteed instant classic...the man has so much soul when it's just him, his guitar and his heart...

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: September 20, 2009 19:39

What is "the book What Would Keith Richards Do " and is it any good?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 20, 2009 20:36

Yes, it's very good, using Keith's quotes arranged into
thematic chapters to talk about how to get through life,
drugs, writing music and such. There's a section on "the
evil twin" that is priceless.

Given the extensive list of references, even a diehard
Keith fan may find something new in there.

I met the author, Jessica West, after I read the book,
and she is a very nice, interesting person.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home