Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
TOTA '75 book .
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: September 15, 2009 18:37

Well ,I must say I salivate like a Pavlov dog for many years on that one .....

Is it really a "depth fine art piece " as they say ?
Is it the "daddy" of all the Stones books ?

Apart from the 300 £ (and much more if the band goes on for a new tour ) I am a bit afraid my husband will start divorce proceedings and will let me sleep alone with all my Rolling Stones books,vinyls and other stuff grinning smiley

So ? What do you think ?
No out spoken please, straight talking only smiling smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: TOTA '75 book .
Date: September 15, 2009 19:09

Is it really a "depth fine art piece " as they say ?

Definitely yes

Is it the "daddy" of all the Stones books ?

Definitely yes

So far my favorit Genesis Stones book.

Date: September 15, 2009 19:47

Are you trying to sell yours , Jumping Jack Flash 59 ?grinning smiley

I'm kidding ! BTW ,nice to read you here ...We haven't spoken since ...when was the last time .....this time last year ? Drop me a line -Do you remember my E-mail adress ????

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: September 15, 2009 19:55

Is this the book w/all the pics that's green? Hardly worth more than a fiver, kids.

Date: September 15, 2009 20:29

SwayStones
Are you trying to sell yours , Jumping Jack Flash 59 ?grinning smiley

I'm kidding ! BTW ,nice to read you here ...We haven't spoken since ...when was the last time .....this time last year ? Drop me a line -Do you remember my E-mail adress ????

No, i don't remember your email, please send me a message (my email adress is in my profile).

And...no, no way i would sell one of my Genesis books. Even if i had hard time.

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: September 16, 2009 00:29

I still have my copy of the Terry Southern/Liebovitz/Sykes The Rolling Stones On Tour book I bought back when it came out. It's a beautiful book and I've kept it in great shape, but the binding on it is now very fragile. Some pages have come apart from the binding.
I sure wish that some of these coffeetable books could come out in "regular people" editions. You know what I mean? Something that's more like in the $50.00 range.

Date: September 16, 2009 00:31

Sway must be talking about the genesis book.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: September 16, 2009 03:02

Nice book, great pictures, though hardly a literary masterpiece.

Without doubt, a tour that looked better than it sounded.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 16, 2009 04:18

winking smiley

HMN

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-30 19:01 by Honestman.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 16, 2009 04:25

Maybe Annie should reissue it to make some money...

I could use a new copy. My copy is slowly falling apart.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: September 16, 2009 04:41

i love it. got it really cheap for 150 swiss franks (90 euro)

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: September 16, 2009 05:15

guitarbastard

Really, how did this happen? I'd love to have this for that price . .

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 16, 2009 05:52

EXILE & TOTA equal placing....Quality layout and sheer class esp TOTA....

Let It Bleed ...Mighty fine book... staggering shots but suffers slightly from massive size & weight

STU - Total class... Basic NO frills lay-out...English book making at it's very finest...A fitting tribute to Mr Ian Stewart

Blinds & Shutters - Beautifully made - An amazing journey of those swingin' sixty years thru the lens of Michael Cooper... Forward from Mick...Keith & Terry Southern......Plenty of Stones/Beatles and those who hung with them ........ Ta CindyX.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 16, 2009 05:57

matt lee sells the Genesis books

plexi

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: September 16, 2009 08:16

I have been sorely tempted by the TOTA book, but I did not see the 75 tour, and am not a huge fan of that tour, so I passed. I did buy a deluxe copy of Exile when it was released, and it is my favorite book, period.

Date: September 16, 2009 11:40

72stones
I still have my copy of the Terry Southern/Liebovitz/Sykes The Rolling Stones On Tour book I bought back when it came out. It's a beautiful book and I've kept it in great shape, but the binding on it is now very fragile. Some pages have come apart from the binding.
I sure wish that some of these coffeetable books could come out in "regular people" editions. You know what I mean? Something that's more like in the $50.00 range.
As Palace Revolution wrote,I am talking about the Genesis book.
I agree with you ,The Rolling Stones on Tour is a great book ,my pages aren't apart from the bindind but I can see it's fragile.

Date: September 16, 2009 11:43

Honestman :I know what you mean by talking about some editors and their luxury goodies but in that particular case the TOTA'75 is really kind of special.

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: September 16, 2009 13:10

CousinC
guitarbastard

Really, how did this happen? I'd love to have this for that price . .

someone contacted me if i wanna buy it (he read my post here, that i was trying to find one)
i was also surprised that he sold it that cheap...

Posted by: doster ()
Date: September 16, 2009 15:03

I've actually got a few of them when they first came out, I love the book. I got two of them for free from a friend who ran a music store, he couldn't move them.
They are in a cabinet somewhere, haven't looked at them in years. That was my first tour and when I fell for the Stones.

Posted by: ChrisG ()
Date: September 16, 2009 15:32

I have a copy let me know.

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: September 16, 2009 17:22

ChrisG
I have a copy let me know.

what you mean : to sell

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 16, 2009 17:30

guitarbastard

Are you talking about the TOTA '75 book published by Genesis ????
If so, are you sure you have a genuine copy ?

I mean this one ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: September 16, 2009 17:58

Rolling Hansie
guitarbastard

Are you talking about the TOTA '75 book published by Genesis ????
If so, are you sure you have a genuine copy ?

I mean this one ?

This is the one I am looking for.Do you have a mail adress,ChrisG ?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 16, 2009 18:45

The regular edition (Commander) is still available directly from the Genesis website for 350 GBP + P&P.

Genesis Books TOTA '75

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 16, 2009 20:07

I have been a Genesis distributor for 12 years and usually have all titles in stock (even sold out ones!). For IORR members I can offer free shipping which is a significant saving on these very heavy books!

Thanks,
Matt
www.stonesvault.com

Date: September 17, 2009 15:57

guitarbastard
Are you sure we're talking about the same book ?

Date: September 17, 2009 16:02

mattleeuk
I have been a Genesis distributor for 12 years and usually have all titles in stock (even sold out ones!). For IORR members I can offer free shipping which is a significant saving on these very heavy books!

Thanks,
Matt
www.stonesvault.com

This is a very attractive prposition,Matt !
What's the difference between the LIMITED EDITION BOXED SET and the Starship copy ?

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 17, 2009 16:59

The Starship copy is also known as the "deluxe" copy and has been sold out since publication. Starship copies are numbers 1 to 350. Commander copies are numbers 350 to 2,500. There are three (4 if you are picky) differences:

1) The black leather binding with the reproduced tour patch as opposed to the quarter leather binding. The deluxe copy is seen in the middle of the below picture with the regular copy on the right.

2) The reproduction plane brochure is a extra item included in only the Starship copies (seen in the picture below with the two keys on top of it)

3) A signed Christopher Simon Sykes signed black and white photo which is only included in the Starship copies (seen in the middle of the below picture)

4) The Starship copies are much rarer with only 350 in existence vs. 2,150 Commander copies. This makes the Starship copies genuinely very rare books from publication.

The room keys and reproduction passes come with all sets! (beware of people selling the reproduction passes as real passes on eBay at high individual prices).

I do the Commander copies at £350 ($580) shipped anywhere in the world.

[/quote]

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: September 17, 2009 20:20

The only item that state-of-the art does not have is a double-CD soundboard recording of a previously unavailable concert. THAT would make it perfect!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 18, 2009 03:01

Beautiful book! I bought it two years ago, unfortunately the Starship edition, as Matt says is out of print. But the Commander edition is stunning. The photography is sublime and the other extras are very cool. Even a hotel room key...funny! Yeah, the text isn't all the revelating, but it is a piece of art.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1627
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home