Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Even after nearly 50 years The Stones are still in the news
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: September 15, 2009 23:48

Every day on the Radio I hear at least one DJ mension the Stones or one of them by name and also (not every day ) a Stones track. every week in one of the Sunday papers there is always a Stones related story and I mean Every week.

I suppose I shouldn't be amazed, but I am, that they are still a major force in music and news stories. You don't hear as much about the Beatles as The Stones, maybe because they are still playing as a Group and people of all ages love them.

Just a mension of Jagger, Keith, Charlie or Ron causes excitement in the papers and on the radio.

When i first got into The Stones is 68-69 my Mum always used to say "What a row" and things like " they won't be around in years to come, they'll be forgotten not like Frank Sinatra or Glen Miller".Just how wrong she was, she did take it all back tho' and admitted that they are good and have stood the test of time. I could have told her that but she had to find out for herself. Before she died a couple of month's ago she admitted that she quite like them, she was 88.

Re: Even after nearly 50 years The Stones are still in the news
Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: September 16, 2009 00:13

some people think the stones are all noise and shouting, its not until they hear stuff like "as tears go by" or "time waits for no one" that they start to understand there is more to them.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 16, 2009 00:17

pgarof
Every day on the Radio I hear at least one DJ mension the Stones or one of them by name and also (not every day ) a Stones track. every week in one of the Sunday papers there is always a Stones related story and I mean Every week.

I suppose I shouldn't be amazed, but I am, that they are still a major force in music and news stories. You don't hear as much about the Beatles as The Stones, maybe because they are still playing as a Group and people of all ages love them.

Just a mension of Jagger, Keith, Charlie or Ron causes excitement in the papers and on the radio.

When i first got into The Stones is 68-69 my Mum always used to say "What a row" and things like " they won't be around in years to come, they'll be forgotten not like Frank Sinatra or Glen Miller".Just how wrong she was, she did take it all back tho' and admitted that they are good and have stood the test of time. I could have told her that but she had to find out for herself. Before she died a couple of month's ago she admitted that she quite like them, she was 88.

very cool mom.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: September 16, 2009 00:27

wee bobby lennox
some people think the stones are all noise and shouting, its not until they hear stuff like "as tears go by" or "time waits for no one" that they start to understand there is more to them.

And irrespective of what we think of her, that's why the Susan Boyle 'Wild Horses' release might be important.

That's a Rolling Stones song? Really?!

Posted by: batcave ()
Date: September 16, 2009 00:37

"You don't hear as much about the Beatles as The Stones"

I suppose if you discount the massive publicity and news stories about the Beatles Remasters and the release of Beatles Rock Band, this may be true....

....but even then, it's not.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 16, 2009 01:46

They are in the news but not for their music, they have all the media atention for any stupid thing they do, but their music sell nothing.
The Beatles' reissue of Yellow Submarine has sold more copies than the whole Stones reissues this year.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 16, 2009 04:08

georgelicks
They are in the news but not for their music, they have all the media atention for any stupid thing they do, but their music sell nothing.
The Beatles' reissue of Yellow Submarine has sold more copies than the whole Stones reissues this year.

that's cos everyone of us has all we need

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: September 16, 2009 04:13

STONES TO CRASH BEATLES PARTY!

This is hilarious. How absurd! They're going to crash The Beatles reissues with the reissue of ONE album!?? Bets that it won't make the Top 200?

[cdinsight.com]

Date: September 16, 2009 11:07

batcave
"You don't hear as much about the Beatles as The Stones"

I suppose if you discount the massive publicity and news stories about the Beatles Remasters and the release of Beatles Rock Band, this may be true....

....but even then, it's not.

Yes, The Beatles are always big news BUT you don't read about them every day week in week out like The Stones, at the moment they are big news because of all the re-issues but how about last year and the year before that? When i very first got into The Stones i was going to start a scrap book with all the newspaper snippets, i never did but always have a habit of looking for news and always find something even if it's one of Micks daughters or Charlie at a horse convention Rod switching on Christmas light, thay are always news worthy.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 16, 2009 15:11

Yes - loads of little things too trivial to be worth a thread on here, like..

I was watching a TV programme where the actor Keith Allen took a trip out to the south of France to pay an unexpected visit to one of his heroes - Keith Floyd (the wonderful TV chef who sadly died a couple of days ago). During the conversation Floyd remarked that he didn't like his name - but then, said Allen, you've got Keith Richards, Keith Moon, Keith Floyd and Keith Allen - so it's cool...

Date: September 16, 2009 17:28

Green Lady
Yes - loads of little things too trivial to be worth a thread on here, like..

I was watching a TV programme where the actor Keith Allen took a trip out to the south of France to pay an unexpected visit to one of his heroes - Keith Floyd (the wonderful TV chef who sadly died a couple of days ago). During the conversation Floyd remarked that he didn't like his name - but then, said Allen, you've got Keith Richards, Keith Moon, Keith Floyd and Keith Allen - so it's cool...

Do I have to come to you now to get my threads vetted and to see whether it's not too trivial to go here?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 16, 2009 17:52

StonesTod
georgelicks

amen brother ,cause you are preaching to the choir.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: September 16, 2009 17:56

The Greek
StonesTod
georgelicks

amen brother ,cause you are preaching to the choir.

and all our friends are all on board - in fact, i understand many more of them live next door...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1304
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home