Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Come Back Stone-Relics: We Love You!
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: July 10, 2009 01:07

It seems that Stone-Relics, who a lot of us will agree is one of the most informative and generous stones fan/collector to grace this site, has had enough and decided to leave.

I always find his information and pictures of his huge collection to be most enjoyable and want to see this continue.

I'm not aware of the full reasons for this, other than some comments made towards a recently deceased manager to which he took offence, but I would like to say that I hope he comes back as he will be greatly missed otherwise.

please keep this thread free from debate as to weather or not you agree with his reaction, but if you want him to stay then let's show some love for Stone-Relics, with hope that he may reconsider!

Re: Come Back Stone-Relics: We Love You!
Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: July 10, 2009 01:25

We must not lose stones-relics - he's incredibly knowledgeable, generous and fun. I've met him - he totally rocks.

We MUST NOT LOSE stones-relics.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: July 10, 2009 02:47

Who is this Stones-relics person and why do you want him back. If he wants to leave then so be it. He is proberbly waiting to be begged to come back by some silly thread, "Oh come back Stones-Relics we love you so much" I say just leave him if that's what he wants.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 10, 2009 03:09

pgarof
Who is this Stones-relics person and why do you want him back. If he wants to leave then so be it. He is proberbly waiting to be begged to come back by some silly thread, "Oh come back Stones-Relics we love you so much" I say just leave him if that's what he wants.

Nothing could be further from the truth. He wants no begging to come back.

I talk to him weekly. He gets tired of the BS. Plain and simple.

J

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 10, 2009 03:17

pgarof

"Who is stone-relics"...? What kind of stupid question is that ?
Hope JR returns....yes that Klein thread contained some real silly posts - JR will hopefully calm down about it, and get back to IORR....!

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 10, 2009 03:49

Erik_Snow
pgarof

Hope JR returns....yes that Klein thread contained some real silly posts - JR will hopefully calm down about it, and get back to IORR....!

The silliest post in that thread might have been JR's own assertion that Allen Klein "made the Stones".

Date: July 10, 2009 04:06

tatters
Erik_Snow
pgarof

The silliest post in that thread might have been JR's own assertion that Allen Klein "made the Stones".

Well....I agree that it sounds wierd, but I don't think JR meant it like that....I think he meant that Allen Klein was an essential person in the the story of making the Stones big....not "musically", but in a lot of other ways.
I still find it disgraceful with all these "this devil is finally dead" statements in that thread....it's pathethic to write such things about people who have passed away....nomatter their position....as long as we're not talking about Adolph @#$%&. Klein wasn't a "good man"...I know...but he was an important part of the RS history....before Cohl and Leavell (etc.) came along....and it all turned into business

We NEED an Ebenezer Scrooge to make the (his)story worthwhile....and Klein did that part......in those golden years

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 10, 2009 04:13

Wonderfully expressed Erik. An Evenezer Scrooge. Dickens really knew it ALL.

Stone-relics is someone who knows what he is talking about. I hope he returns but honestly wading through some of the recent posts, littered with ignorance and fantasy, it get a little more than an actual adult can/authority can take.

This forum seems to be unfamiliar with shades of gray.

Date: July 10, 2009 04:42

stonesrule
An Evenezer Scrooge. Dickens really knew it ALL.
This forum seems to be unfamiliar with shades of gray.

He did have a insight, more impressive than any of us - allthough Shakespeare would leave him in the shadows... those people were before of....even our time

Yeah, Stonesrule, a LOT of the people out there - needs to have
this Black OR White view on persons/happenings/positions to make it more comforting with themselves while resting in the couch. Klein is an easy target....but he's essential to the RS story after all....unlike me - and most other IORR-inhabitans

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: July 10, 2009 04:58

we've had a lot of these "I'm outta here==you people hurt my feelings" threads lately...self-esteem and validation "issues" have little to do with The Stones....man do we need a new album and tour!!! WOOF!!

Date: July 10, 2009 06:04

Well that Allen Klein thread was just DREADFUL .. I cant blame the guy for taking a break... but of course he should come back as he's a charter member.. you need those kinds of people cause since they're always here and actively posting they sort of help make the community...

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: July 10, 2009 11:55

I find that "we love you" tag a bit excessive, but of course I'd love to have JR back. And, yeah, there's too much "black or white" stuff going on here sometimes. I really enjoy discussing and taking different views on things, but some people need to keep it dumb and simple and always end up getting personal, when it's simply about topics. Maybe some of them take the Stones too personal too. Just relax. They're wonderful. But they're only the greatest Rock'n'Roll band in the world. Not your brothers.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-10 13:59 by Greenblues.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 10, 2009 12:24

"I talk to him weekly. He gets tired of the BS. Plain and simple."

Totally agree, this sites been going down hill for months.

BUT JR was a great poster and was the most knowledgeable guy regarding records that I've ever met.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 10, 2009 13:14

I think we're all suffering from having any real Stones news to talk about right now. This is probably the longest period of Stones inactivity since the site started. There's no news of any impending album and if they were going to go on the road later this year we would have heard about it by now. It's slim pickings I'm afraid.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: July 10, 2009 13:50

It's posters like stone-relics (and many others of course) that make visiting this forum worthwhile. I just ignore all the "bad" posters. But on the other hand that qualificaton can be quite subjective. Let's not spoil the joy! There's almost 50 years of glorious history we can discuss over and over again.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: July 10, 2009 14:06

In general, I think people are friendly and helpful on this board, but if you choose to focus on the sometimes rude and aggressive comments, which you can find anywhere on any board, it´s up to you.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 10, 2009 14:27

Didnt realise JR had left, but if he has, this place will be a lot poorer without him.

get your arse back here, ya silly bugger.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 10, 2009 14:42

YEP!!!... that's it get back here where ya belong and like where ya gonna go anyway?

And remember that first one from Keith.....Talk is cheap and ya shouldn't take it so hard

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 10, 2009 16:55

if I'm not mistaken, Baboon Bro tried to run away, but didn't succeed smiling smiley

Posted by: Happy2 ()
Date: July 10, 2009 17:20

I am quite shocked at the high drama here. This person isn't going anywhere....just simply seeking attention. Gee, you people made it through many years without knowing this person, and I have a sneaking suspician you will do well without this person now. The sun still shines, the birds still sing, the grass is still green.

Don't fall for the attention seeking tactics of a drama-queen.

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: July 10, 2009 17:27

There´s been a few official exits on this board, can´t understand why some people find it necessary to declare that they´re off.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: July 10, 2009 17:34

Stone-relics didn't start this thread, I did.
There was no attention seeking on his part, he kinda slipped out un-noticed to a lot of people, including people who know who he is and enjoy his presence.

This site has some really great contributors and for me, he is one of the best.
All I wanted was for others who wanted him to stay, to say so.
Not for people to bitch about it, or debate his reasons for leaving, hence the line: please keep this thread free from debate as to weather or not you agree with his reaction.

Should've known it would be a pointless request. ho-humm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-10 17:34 by vudicus.

Date: July 10, 2009 17:35

I'm not aware he did pronounce that he was off. Just gave up after a load of crappy posts.

"Don't fall for the attention seeking tactics of a drama-queen."

Surely that comments trying to achieve the same sort of reaction??

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 10, 2009 17:35

Well ,as a newbie and as I don't know personally Stone-Relics ,I won't say " I luv you " -because I have to deal first with Urban Steel and Rockman (stupid private joke from France grinning smiley ) but as far as I take a look on IORR ,he seems to be a very generous and nice person.I did appreciate his scans and contributions ,and forgot may be to thank him as he deserves (it).

His

Lets get back to what the site is really about...\

Too many negative waves, here, Moriarity...too many negative waves...
sounds quite eloquent .

But as smartmer said ,

In general, I think people are friendly and helpful on this board, but if you choose to focus on the sometimes rude and aggressive comments, which you can find anywhere on any board, it´s up to you.

Believe me , It can be worse on other boards or even blogs !(Honestman and myself would for sure do agree winking smiley )

As one said :

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: July 10, 2009 17:45

ablett
I'm not aware he did pronounce that he was off. Just gave up after a load of crappy posts.

No, and don't call me Shirley.

Date: July 10, 2009 17:53

I'll let you of due to the classic english gag! Thank you darling.....

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: July 10, 2009 18:06

No drama-queen here: he leave without a word...
With his departure we lose a lot of information about Stones records: nothing more, nothing less. If any of you think you may fill that gap, I can start asking you a lot of questions about some rare acetates from the early 60s...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-10 18:07 by Ricky.

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: July 10, 2009 18:15

Happy2
ablett

No, and don't call me Shirley.

joey!!! do you like movies about galdiators?

Date: July 10, 2009 18:25

Ever seen a grown man na......oh skip it!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: July 10, 2009 19:28

Well, I hope he's within radar range. Somebody check the radar range . . . . .

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1438
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home