Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Q re the New Remasters
Date: September 6, 2009 15:59

Not to step on Kent's thread about upcoming releases, but I have a question:
my official Stones catalog is in terrible shape anyway. I have been meaning to update it all along. So now all the remasters are out (or arriving), and it makes sense to re-up now. I am unclear and confused what the best aproach is though.
- are the official live albums also going to be remastered?
- what is the best deal to get the Abcko catalog? The pre "StickY" albums?
- Are "Metamorphosis" and "No Stone Unturned" included in some of these updated remasters?

Re: Q re the New Remasters
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 6, 2009 16:10

- yes, the first batch gets released in November.
- Not sure what you mean by the best deal. They were released on SA-CD format in 2002 and whilst I havent even got around to getting more than a few of them myself, they're an enormous improvement.
- No, although Metamorphosis was released as part of the ABKCO remasters series in 2002.

Date: September 6, 2009 18:11

Thank you Gazza. By 'best deal' I meant something like : is there a box set like amazon is doing with the post 71 remasters? I see the Japanese Box Sets that are outrageously priced. Like $600.
The main reason I am looking for a one-time-fell-swoop-buy is because everytime I am there purchasing CDs I always find something else I want to get instead of Stones albums that I have bought many times over. So, once I have crossed the hurdle of pushing the 'Buy Now' link for Stones, I want to try to maximize my return.winking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 6, 2009 18:24

As far as I'm aware, there's no special boxed set version of them. I think the cheapest way of getting them will be to look for bargain bins or on e-bay!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1297
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home