Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Any Mick Taylor health news???
Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: September 2, 2009 12:59

Any news on him progressing, (hopefully)? Have trawled the www and narrowly avoided a virus in a french site and found nothing.

Re: Any Mick Taylor health news???
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:04

Last I heard he was diagnosed with pleurisy, a lung condition that can take a while to get rid of.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:30

Edith Grove
Last I heard he was diagnosed with pleurisy, a lung condition that can take a while to get rid of.

Mick Taylor is doing a lot better after resting up at home for 6 weeks.
In fact, his first appearance after having been ill was last Monday at the Great British Rhythm & Blues Festival in Colne, Lancashire. www.bluesfestival.co.uk (it was a bank holiday in UK). In the afternoon he sat in with Stephen Dale Petit and was headlining with his own band in the evening - people in attendance said he put in a great performance.
Next gig is scheduled for this Saturday 5 Sept at the Assembly Hall Theatre in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. www.assemblyhalltheatre.co.uk

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:32

Thanks for the update, Lightnin.'

Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: September 2, 2009 13:57

Indeed thanks Lightnin. That does sound very good news. Hope that he has packed in the cigs to give his lungs a chance!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 2, 2009 17:00

Lightnin'
Edith Grove

Mick Taylor is doing a lot better after resting up at home for 6 weeks.
In fact, his first appearance after having been ill was last Monday at the Great British Rhythm & Blues Festival in Colne, Lancashire. www.bluesfestival.co.uk (it was a bank holiday in UK). In the afternoon he sat in with Stephen Dale Petit and was headlining with his own band in the evening - people in attendance said he put in a great performance.
Next gig is scheduled for this Saturday 5 Sept at the Assembly Hall Theatre in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. www.assemblyhalltheatre.co.uk

Good to hear he's back playing. Hope he comes back to the states.

Date: September 2, 2009 17:09

Great to hear of his recovery and I hope he reschedules the cancelled US gigs! My credit card was refunded for the tickets, so thats a sign he's not coming back any time soon. Maybe Mick T will just play out what he had already lined up and not add any new shows at this point.

Posted by: glencar ()
Date: September 2, 2009 17:26

Just hope he gets better. E, are you going to the upcoming MF show?

Posted by: MickTaylorfan1 ()
Date: September 2, 2009 20:36

Great to hear thumbs up smiling smiley

Date: September 3, 2009 04:10

CaptainGlassback
Indeed thanks Lightnin. That does sound very good news. Hope that he has packed in the cigs to give his lungs a chance!

He's been using an electronic cigarette since he was discharged from hospital. With a device like that you only inhale nicotine (no tar or anything else that's harmful for the lung tissue). It's still hard to stay away from regular cigarettes but he's really trying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-03 04:11 by Lightnin'.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: September 3, 2009 06:40

Lightnin'
He's been using an electronic cigarette since he was discharged from hospital. With a device like that you only inhale nicotine (no tar or anything else that's harmful for the lung tissue). It's still hard to stay away from regular cigarettes but he's really trying.

Oh no!

FDA and Public Health Experts Warn About Electronic Cigarettes

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today announced that a laboratory analysis of electronic cigarette samples has found that they contain carcinogens and toxic chemicals such as diethylene glycol, an ingredient used in antifreeze.
“The FDA is concerned about the safety of these products and how they are marketed to the public,” said Margaret A. Hamburg, M.D., commissioner of food and drugs.
The FDA’s Division of Pharmaceutical Analysis analyzed the ingredients in a small sample of cartridges from two leading brands of electronic cigarettes. In one sample, the FDA’s analyses detected diethylene glycol, a chemical used in antifreeze that is toxic to humans, and in several other samples, the FDA analyses detected carcinogens, including nitrosamines. These tests indicate that these products contained detectable levels of known carcinogens and toxic chemicals to which users could potentially be exposed.

The New York Times [www.nytimes.com] has reported that the FDA has turned away shipments at the border, although the e-cigs still are sold in malls.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: September 3, 2009 17:03

maybe he can borrow Keith's "fake" cigarettes ?

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 3, 2009 17:54

best wishes to MT

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 3, 2009 22:19

October tour dates unconfirmed.

[www.micktaylor.net]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-04 07:13 by erikjjf.

Date: September 3, 2009 23:44

I dont know about this tight tour schedule, I´m worried about his health. Sure he has rested up but still... its such a tight schedule eye popping smiley
What do you other guys think?

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: September 3, 2009 23:57

MickTaylorfan1
I dont know about this tight tour schedule, I´m worried about his health. Sure he has rested up but still... its such a tight schedule eye popping smiley

My EXACT Thought when I posted these to the site today ...

Date: September 4, 2009 00:53

gripweed
MickTaylorfan1

My EXACT Thought when I posted these to the site today ...

Indeed. I would have "bought" it if it was only occasional gigs but almost every evening eye popping smiley I get a bad feeling of this sad smiley he should rest more, its not enough with the rest he has already got in my opinion. I wonder what he thinks about the cancelled US/Canada tour.... and I wonder what the doctors say about him going on tour now

Date: September 4, 2009 00:58

Latest news: Marlies is denying it. Apparantly, Mick had been horrified when reading about the dates. Thank god that he will continue resting

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: September 4, 2009 01:04

That tour schedule is brutal. I also noticed the same thing back when I saw him here in Eugene back in 2001 just a few weeks prior to 9/11. He should, at the most, be doing two nights on and then at least a day (preferably two) off. Along with his latest helth matters he's been dealing with, I hope Taylor is using hearing protection as well. He should not be subjecting himself to playing more than two nights in a row because his ears are likely to suffer from permanant shifts. As a hearing impaired person who wears hearing aids I know from whence I speak on this matter. Mick likely already has hearing damage from his years of being a musician, but it shouldn't have to get any worse than it is already.
Simply put, if I was his manager, I'd be chewing out whoever set up that tour schedule from one side of his ears to another and put him through some humility therapy he would never forget. There's no excuse for that kind of a schedule-period!

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: September 4, 2009 01:05

I am deleting the dates from the site as soon as I get to my home PC ...

-Ed

Date: September 4, 2009 01:09

72stones
That tour schedule is brutal. I also noticed the same thing back when I saw him here in Eugene back in 2001 just a few weeks prior to 9/11. He should, at the most, be doing two nights on and then at least a day (preferably two) off. Along with his latest helth matters he's been dealing with, I hope Taylor is using hearing protection as well. He should not be subjecting himself to playing more than two nights in a row because his ears are likely to suffer from permanant shifts. As a hearing impaired person who wears hearing aids I know from whence I speak on this matter. Mick likely already has hearing damage from his years of being a musician, but it shouldn't have to get any worse than it is already.
Simply put, if I was his manager, I'd be chewing out whoever set up that tour schedule from one side of his ears to another and put him through some humility therapy he would never forget. There's no excuse for that kind of a schedule-period!

Yeah I agree with you. A few appearances like he recently did. When he feels alright and fit enough to manage a appearance.

Date: September 4, 2009 01:56

MickTaylorfan1

Erikjjf, MickTaylorfan1 and Gripweed:
Please note that it is not at all sure that those dates are going to take place.
It has only become clear to Mick in the last couple of days that shows for October were added and tickets went on sale.

It seems that while Mick was focusing on his recovery in the last 6 weeks, shows got confirmed to the venues by someone speaking on MT's behalf. Apparently they were assuming he was going to resume touring as if nothing happened. This was done without Mick's consent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-04 01:58 by Lightnin'.

Date: September 4, 2009 01:58

Lightnin'
MickTaylorfan1

Erikjjf, MickTaylorfan1 and Gripweed:
Please note that it is not at all sure that those dates are going to take place.
It has only become clear to Mick in the last couple of days that shows for October were added and tickets went on sale.

It seems that while Mick was focusing on his recovery in the last 6 weeks, shows got confirmed by someone speaking on MT's behalf. Apparently they were assuming he was going to resume touring as if nothing happened. This was done without Mick's consent.

Yeah and now Marlies has stopped it/denied it so....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 943
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home