Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Santa Bob
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 26, 2009 18:07

i found this quote to be pretty funny concerning dylan's upcoming christmas album:

Dylan has been fairly mum about the Christmas album, although in a recent interview for Rolling Stone he said, "Well my daddy, he didn't leave me much, you know he was a very simple man, but what he did tell me was this, he did say, son, he said, you know it's not possible to be Santa Claus unless you come down Santa Claus lane." Then he sat back slowly in his chair, rubbing his pencil-thin moustache.

remember the infamous bobism after receiving an award on tv when he talked about his dad and what he told him? seems like mr. zimmerman actually left his son quite a bit....

(1991 Grammy Lifetime Achievement acceptance speech)

"Well," he said, "my daddy, he didn't leave me much, you know he was a very simple man,
but what he did tell me was this, he did say, son, he said"
- there was a long pause, nervous laughter from the crowd -
"he say, you know it's possible to become so defiled in this world
that your own father and mother will abandon you and if that happens,
God will always believe in your ability to mend your ways."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-26 18:17 by T&A.

Re: OT: Santa Bob
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 26, 2009 18:38

bob's da man .

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: August 26, 2009 19:57

Bob's crooning Christams tunes. Bob's "Christmas In The Heart" will be released October 13. I hear we can expect more of that accordian.......and maybe cowbell.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 26, 2009 20:20

How about Smilin' Bob?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 26, 2009 20:47

Lukester
Bob's crooning Christams tunes. Bob's "Christmas In The Heart" will be released October 13. I hear we can expect more of that accordian.......and maybe cowbell.

I'm hoping for plenty of 'upsinging' too

Date: August 26, 2009 21:02

haven't heard much upsinging from bob of late...and apparently the new album is all just him solo on guitar, done in the fashion of a 1920's blooze singer...could be interesting....those early 90's solo guitar albums were great....

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: August 27, 2009 19:11

Seiously, I read a readers's post on Amazon or somewhere saying that the accordian is prominent on it, just like on TTL. I may have been exaggerating about the cowbell.

Date: August 27, 2009 19:16

accordion's a pleasure, but partying is grief.....or something.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home