Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 9 DVD Set
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: August 20, 2009 15:36

Mick & Tina doing "Honky Tonk Women"...among other things

[www.timelife.com]

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-20 15:38 by sweet neo con.

Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 9 DVD Set
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 20, 2009 16:28

And not only that, but you get the complete unedited version of Mike Love's acceptance speech*

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: August 20, 2009 17:49

Does he talk shit about Brian Wilson?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-20 17:51 by @#$%&.

Posted by: glencar ()
Date: August 20, 2009 19:18

He slags the 'boss' & others...It's actually pretty funny.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: August 20, 2009 19:33

glencar
He slags the 'boss' & others...It's actually pretty funny.

I think he mentioned The Boss, Mick, and Billy Joel. Best part was when Dylan spoke later in the ceremony and said..."I want to thank Mike Love for not mentioning ME. Peace and harmony are very important, indeed, but so is forgiveness." One of Dylan's best moments.

Date: August 21, 2009 01:12

@#$%&
Does he talk shit about Brian Wilson?

No, he was just being true to his school, so to speak, bragging about how the Beach Boys do 200 shows a year, and how he'd "like to see the mop tops do THAT!" I would have liked to see the mop tops do that, too, but it's difficult to see how that could have been possible, in 1988, when Love made his comments.

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: August 21, 2009 02:14

I read somewhere the reason that happened is Mike Love was fasting because of that weirdo Maharashi crap he followed. He hadn't eaten in a few days, and as a result was quite cranky.

Date: August 21, 2009 16:21

It's hard to understand exactly what he was trying to say. Something about how the other artists in the room that night couldn't "get up here and jam with the Beach Boys". He challenged Springsteen to get up there and jam. He said he wanted to see Billy Joel "tickle those ivories". What did he mean? That the other artists couldn't REALLY play, or didn't have the same kind of work ethic as the Beach Boys? He really seemed to have lost his mind, which is why it was so funny. They should have put it on the Beach Boys box set.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home