Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Pearl Jam in London . . .
Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: August 19, 2009 03:37

Anyone on this board go to any or both shows?
From the looks of the set lists, and I know many of you can't tell, these were powerpacked sets! Whoa! Great shows . . .

P.S. no Stone or stones' snippets like in Berlin and Shepards Bush, but they did do two/three Who covers; "Love rein over me" and "the Real Me" and "Leaving Here" (its a Highnumbers song, before they became the Who) . . .

Manchester Evening News Arena, Aug 17, 2009

Set 1

Long Road
Last Exit
Why Go
All Night
The Fixer
Low Light
In Hiding
World Wide Suicide
Not For You(Modern Girl)
Even Flow
Present Tense
Save You
Grievance
Sleight Of Hand
Got Some
Given To Fly
Rearviewmirror

Encore 1

Go
Daughter
Do The Evolution
Alive

Encore 2

Smile
Black
Leash
The Real Me
Indifference

O2 Arena, Aug 18, 2009

Set 1

Release
Animal
Corduroy
Why Go
Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
Immortality
The Fixer
Even Flow
I Got Id
Rats
Got Some
Whipping
Light Years
Insignificance
Black
Life Wasted
Blood(Atomic Dog)

Encore 1

Supersonic
Hail Hail
Footsteps
Love Reign O'er Me
Do The Evolution
Alive

Encore 2

Better Man(Save it for Later)
Crazy Mary
Leaving Here
Porch
Yellow Ledbetter

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-19 14:33 by NorthShoreBlues2.

Re: OT: Pearl Jam in London . . .
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 19, 2009 06:49

Yellow Ledbetter is simply an amazing song.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Re: OT: Pearl Jam in London . . .
Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: August 19, 2009 14:07

sweetcharmedlife
Yellow Ledbetter is simply an amazing song.thumbs up

Indeed. So is Indifference . . .

I guess they broke some rules and got fined by the Brits! A Stones mention at the end . . .

Pearl Jam breaks the rules in U.K.
By WENN.COM

Rockers Pearl Jam infuriated bosses at a London concert venue after their Tuesday night gig overran - with frontman Eddie Vedder staging a sit-down protest as organizers attempted to force the band offstage.

The Alive hitmakers began their gig at the British capital's O2 Arena 15 minutes late and played right up until the venue's official curfew at 11:00 p.m. (local time).

But the rockers were having so much fun, they decided to keep going, much to the delight of the star-studded audience, which included actors Josh Brolin, Jonah Hill and Tim Robbins.

After concluding their third encore, singer Vedder told the crowd, "We usually finish after this song - but not tonight!"

The band kept playing for another 20 minutes until organizers turned on the houselights, signalling the end of the show.

The rockers said their goodbyes but Vedder sat down cross-legged in the middle of the stage clutching his microphone until his bandmates grabbed their instruments and joined him for one more tune.

The group is also facing a fine from O2 Arena bosses after Vedder was spotted sparking up cigarettes on stage, flouting the U.K.'s smoking ban. The regulations ban smoke from all public places, including concert venues, and offenders can face penalties of up to $4,000.

The Rolling Stones previously caused controversy at the arena by lighting up during their last concerts there in 2007, but the legendary musicians were spared a fine by O2 bosses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-20 04:21 by NorthShoreBlues2.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home