Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ot ginger baker rolling stone interview
Posted by: charliesgood ()
Date: August 11, 2009 15:53

Funny interview with a still raving ginger baker in the new rolling stone of note here might be his comments about an effeminate little kid who showed up to sing with his band in the 60s who he describes as a musical moron

Re: ot ginger baker rolling stone interview
Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 11, 2009 23:23

Hev told that story a few times already. Always changing it a bit.
You know he did an afterword to Giuliano's Not fade away. Again it's about the early Stones.

Well, G. Baker surly could tell some stories! I remember ca.15 years ago a book (written by him) was announced. Never got to see it!

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: August 11, 2009 23:27

he was the most wicked looking drummer of the 60s :-) really like him and I'd love to see that.
browsed their web page but there's nothing there... gotta wait.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: August 11, 2009 23:36

My all time favorite drummer.

Ginger is one of a kind... I saw a Cream documentary a few months ago that had an interview with him filmed shortly after the 2005 MSG reunion shows. I couldnĀ“t believe how mad he still is at Jack Bruce after all these years. He really hates the guy and it seems they came close to killing each other several times.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: August 11, 2009 23:41

What are his specific issues with Jack Bruce?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 12, 2009 03:33

DaveG

Baker has claimed that Bruce "turns up his volume" to drown him (Baker) out. Sounds pretty high school to me.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: August 12, 2009 07:12

BluzDude
DaveG

Baker has claimed that Bruce "turns up his volume" to drown him (Baker) out. Sounds pretty high school to me.

His issues with Bruce go back to when they worked together in the Graham Bond Organization. Baker took over leadership of the group when Bond became incapacitated by drugs and then fired Bruce. Then when Baker approached Clapton to form Cream, Clapton wanted Bruce as the bass player. Then Bruce and Peter Brown got the bulk of the songwriting credits and royalties.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 12, 2009 09:06

They just never got along to begin with.
Here's a link to an interview regarding it all (Mick, Brian, and Charlie are mentioned).

[six.pairlist.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2150
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home