Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What about Mick Taylor ?
Posted by: Straycat87 ()
Date: August 8, 2009 00:40

Does someone have some fresh news about Mick Taylor's health ? I do hope he's got a full recovery. I so, I could go and see him in France in next october.

Re: What about Mick Taylor ?
Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: August 8, 2009 00:48

Right now, the most important thing is for Taylor to get healthy. Whether the pace is fast or slow should make no differrence whatsoever right now. His health comes first before us.

Posted by: Straycat87 ()
Date: August 9, 2009 00:44

I totally agreee with you !

Posted by: MickTaylorfan1 ()
Date: August 9, 2009 02:46

Havent heard anything either more that Marlies has said that its ok to send get well cards from USA via their New York lawyer. I really hope he recovers, I agree with previous persons- his health always comes first.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: August 9, 2009 03:03

What happened?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 9, 2009 03:07

mickijaggeroo
What happened?

Don't tell me you have not heard.
Reports say he was diagnosed with pleurisy.
I've had experience with that, and it ain't fun.

Date: August 9, 2009 03:09

Well I dont think its quite clear what has happened more than the message he has left in the "news" section. I have heard a possible reason but unfortunatelly my english sucks so much that I cant explain it in enlish-- sorry sad smiley

Date: August 9, 2009 03:10

I know he cancelled some gigs in North America, due to health problems, but i have´nt heard more than that...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: August 9, 2009 03:13

mickijaggeroo
I know he cancelled some gigs in North America, due to health problems, but i have´nt heard more than that...

Are you still awake? smileys with beer well I guess I shouldnt ask because I dont know where you are from so you probably have different time than me smiling smiley

Well on topic: He has cancelled the whole USA/Canada tour... because the doctors said it wasnt wise for him to travel at this time. He is supposed to play a gig somewhere in Kent, UK 5th september but I doubt it will happen

Date: August 9, 2009 03:15

mickijaggeroo

Edit: I now saw that Edith Grove has explained the same reason I have heard.

Date: August 9, 2009 03:18

MickTaylorfan1
mickijaggeroo

Are you still awake? smileys with beer well I guess I shouldnt ask because I dont know where you are from so you probably have different time than me smiling smiley

Well on topic: He has cancelled the whole USA/Canada tour... because the doctors said it wasnt wise for him to travel at this time. He is supposed to play a gig somewhere in Kent, UK 5th september but I doubt it will happen

I´m Swedish......If you ever followed the link in my signature, it would be revealed...smiling smiley Ask your dad to have a look on our Gothenburg 73 pics, I´m sure he would enjoy them...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-09 03:20 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: August 9, 2009 03:19

mickijaggeroo
MickTaylorfan1
mickijaggeroo

I´m Swedish......

Haha jag också grinning smiley

Date: August 9, 2009 03:20

Jag vet smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: August 9, 2009 03:21

Här är nåt för din farsa:
[www.stonesvikings.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: August 9, 2009 03:28

mickijaggeroo
Här är nåt för din farsa:
[www.stonesvikings.com]

Åhh tack snälla, den sidan kommer han att älska (och jag också för den delen) cool smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 10, 2009 14:46

Straycat87
Does someone have some fresh news about Mick Taylor's health ? I do hope he's got a full recovery. I so, I could go and see him in France in next october.

The last news as far as I know could be find in the Chicago Tribune:
[www.chicagotribune.com]
and on themorningcall.com :
[blogs.mcall.com]

July 17, 2009
Ex-Rolling Stones guitarist hospitalized, cancels area shows
Total People in Discussion: 0
Categories:
Posted by John Moser at 06:32:30 PM on July 17, 2009

Former Rolling Stones guitarist Mick Taylor has been hospitalized and canceled his upcoming North American tour, including dates July 24 and Aug. 5 at Sellersville Theater 1894, “due to an illness,” he said on his fan Web site.

"It is with deep regret that I must announce that the U.S. and Canadian dates scheduled for July and August will have to be canceled, due to health concerns,”’ Taylor, 60, said in the announcement. “During my stay in (the) hospital, my physicians have determined it would not be safe for me to travel at this time. I do hope to return to the U.S. and Canada in the future, to sing and play for you."

He told fans to watch www.micktaylor.net for updates.

No other details on Taylor's illness were revealed.

Sellersville Theater spokeswoman Suzanne Loverdi said venue officials were told Taylor is “expected to recover and hopes to tour later in the fall.”

The cancelations started yesterday with the Ottawa Bluesfest in Canada.

.It’s not the first time Taylor has canceled shows because of illness. Just over a year ago he canceled shows in Switzerland because of an unknown malady.

Here is a review with some pics from the New Morning show (in French )

[www.leblogquigratte.fr]

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-10 14:46 by SwayStones.

Date: August 10, 2009 14:56

SwayStones
Straycat87

The last news as far as I know could be find in the Chicago Tribune:
[www.chicagotribune.com]
and on themorningcall.com :
[blogs.mcall.com]

July 17, 2009
Ex-Rolling Stones guitarist hospitalized, cancels area shows
Total People in Discussion: 0
Categories:
Posted by John Moser at 06:32:30 PM on July 17, 2009

Former Rolling Stones guitarist Mick Taylor has been hospitalized and canceled his upcoming North American tour, including dates July 24 and Aug. 5 at Sellersville Theater 1894, “due to an illness,” he said on his fan Web site.

"It is with deep regret that I must announce that the U.S. and Canadian dates scheduled for July and August will have to be canceled, due to health concerns,”’ Taylor, 60, said in the announcement. “During my stay in (the) hospital, my physicians have determined it would not be safe for me to travel at this time. I do hope to return to the U.S. and Canada in the future, to sing and play for you."

He told fans to watch www.micktaylor.net for updates.

No other details on Taylor's illness were revealed.

Sellersville Theater spokeswoman Suzanne Loverdi said venue officials were told Taylor is “expected to recover and hopes to tour later in the fall.”

The cancelations started yesterday with the Ottawa Bluesfest in Canada.

.It’s not the first time Taylor has canceled shows because of illness. Just over a year ago he canceled shows in Switzerland because of an unknown malady.

Here is a review with some pics from the New Morning show (in French )

[www.leblogquigratte.fr]

Sorry for my bad english but whats "malady"?

Date: August 10, 2009 15:13

MickTaylorfan1

A physical or psychological disorder or disease I guess.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: August 10, 2009 15:15

Get well soon Mick!!!

Date: August 10, 2009 15:18

SwayStones
MickTaylorfan1

A physical or psychological disorder or disease I guess.

Thank you Sway smiling smiley

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: August 10, 2009 15:36

72stones
Right now, the most important thing is for Taylor to get healthy. Whether the pace is fast or slow should make no differrence whatsoever right now. His health comes first before us.

Yes Mommy......

Date: August 10, 2009 15:48

1cdog
72stones

Yes Mommy......

In the French review above,one wrotes that Taylor at the "New Morning " show seemed " crushed by the weight of years ",was tired because of backache ,and that it looked like if he "talked " with Bacchus (uneasy elocution ...may be pills for his back problems ..who knows)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1525
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home