Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

More seemingly rare Stones footage - MUST SEE
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: August 7, 2009 06:27

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-07 17:32 by hbwriter.

Re: More seemingly rare Stones footage
Date: August 7, 2009 06:42

Wow - that is IMO great footage. The first one looks to me like the 70 Europe tour; or maybe the 71 UK. Everyone looks so good; even Bill and Stu, LOL. All the wives and girlfriends are there; lots of people backstage. That seems like the Golden Era, not just musically.
In the second one, the Jagger interview it is funny. because , correct me if I'm wrong, but Jagger is barely speaking French. he might come off like he is speaking a lot, but that is Jagger at his best IMO. He is huffing and kind of miming his way though it; breaking into English. It is actually easy to follow without speaking French. And also - say what you will about Jagger - but the things he is talking about, has got to be one subject that Mick Jagger knows a lot about: Crowds, and what they want, and how they act etc.
A great find.

Date: August 7, 2009 07:00

Palace--great observations -- golden era for sure, still loose enough to look like it's fun

bianca looks amazing - and who is that black guy talking to wyman? looks a little like sly stone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-07 07:01 by hbwriter.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 7, 2009 09:25

The main parts of the first one is definitely from the 1970 European tour.

Bianca does look lovely, and a lil bit lonely too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-07 09:35 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Rubicon ()
Date: August 7, 2009 09:25

Think it is the Rounhouse show 71' in London

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: August 7, 2009 10:11

never seen this - amazing footage in superb quality...

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 7, 2009 10:46

This kind of footage would make excellent wallpaper on a comprehensive archives DVD set.

Posted by: Tricky76 ()
Date: August 7, 2009 11:22

The "Rare Altamont Footage" clip that is linked to that video is awesome too - link for those that may not have seen it :

Come on Criterion, give us the rest!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 7, 2009 12:15

parts of that first one are from Amsterdam 1970 - Chris Walter took a series of backstage photos that make it easy to recognize

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: August 7, 2009 12:18

Awesome stuff, beautiful! The Golden Years indeed!

I'm pretty sure that first one is from Amsterdam '70. Couldn't see Steven Stills in this video, but I think he was there.

Date: August 7, 2009 12:56

I love how Bill's shirt matches the great shot of his Mustang.
Ronnie Schneider appears to be in there.
I wonder if anyone can identify some people: from .27 to .29 there are 3 poeple as the camera pans. After Bill and Astrid and before it lands on Mick, there is one guy with camera, one guy, and one guy with cigarette.
Then there's the person that Keith hugs. (Could be anyone though, even a dealer).
And then the tall French looking one at .38.
I just love this footage. Someone shoul;d put it to appropriate music.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: August 7, 2009 16:33

When you look at the vast crowd that came to Altamont, makes me wonder what the guy who was the last through the gate, sitting at the furthermost point from the stage - probably seeing nothing but dots on the horizon and only hearing faint, fuzzy noises in the back ground, thought of it all.
It might have taken him four hours to get from where his car is parked to the venue, there's probably no bog, no bar and no burger stand. He's sort of witnessed one of the most important pieces of rock history, but saw nothing. He gets home and his wife say's, "Was it a good show dear?". Next day he's back at work selling paper clips.
I wouldn't mind betting he's bigged his story up now, "I was there, I saw it all happen , before my very eyes."

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 7, 2009 16:44

Thanks hbwriter !

The 1st video is great and awesome .Bianca looked pretty good and Jagger looked pretty hot ,especially when he laughed.

Now I know where the famous photo with the 5 Stones came from...
What a pressure on Taylor's shoulders !

I've posted the second video here :
[www.iorr.org]

On the ina web site,one can find a lot of interviews from Jagger in French.

Some translation...
Mick Jagger à propos des Rolling Stones
Pop deux - 13/02/1971 -

Patrice BLANC-FRANCARD : Last time the Stones have been /were in Paris ,there were a lot of "disturbances" (in English in the interview ,which sounds quite funny )

Mick Jagger : Yeah !All the Frenchies are crazy !Really !
I love playing in Paris because "it's " crazy ..it's different...it's a problem because of police or politics..but when we've done a show here ,it was not bad..really ...

Patrice BLANC-FRANCARD :You told french audience is a very violent one ..SFM for us is a sort of "murder calling " and english people listen to it while staying very quiet .

Mick Jagger :It's a song for english people ,a song about violence in the streets.Do you remember that ? It was ...3 ...4 years ago may be ...

Patrice BLANC-FRANCARD : Is London still the "Sleepy London town " for you or did it changed ?

Mick Jagger:
No,it's worse...

Patrice BLANC-FRANCARD : Do you feel as responsible for the youth when you come in a foreign country ?

Mick Jagger:It's very difficult ...when the thing is always here...I don't have the responsibility (I can hardly translate ,because as Palace Revolution said ,Jagger can't barely speak French ,he almost uses the same words for any answer ....)

Patrice BLANC-FRANCARD :You're a symbol for the whole youth..that is to be :all the guys around you want to be Mick Jagger & the Rolling Stones ..

M.J :No,it's not true,you overstep the mark..I don't like symbols,really..

P.B.F :How did you feel on Altamont when a guy got killed while you were on stage ? Did you ever noticed it ?

M.J :No,I saw it on the movie ,it was behind the stage and there were no lights because of the evening .But I saw on the movie how many disturbances they were ,always....

P.B.F :Who asked the Hells Angels to be the bodyguards and the security ?

M.J :I didn't know the Hells Angels were there....I didn't want...I don't like the Hells Angels.But they came in ...I am not the promoter,I am the singer .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: More seemingly rare Stones footage - MUST SEE
Date: August 7, 2009 17:39

after seeing all of the b/w photos of moments like this, seeing movement in color is sort of surreal

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: August 7, 2009 18:50

notice the flower (??) that gets thrown at Jagger during JJF at Altamont?? probably the least of his worries !!

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 7, 2009 19:05

His Majesty
The main parts of the first one is definitely from the 1970 European tour.

Bianca does look lovely, and a lil bit lonely too.

I think the world of rock and roll bored the daylights out of her. She & Mick were very much in love. I'm almost certain that backstage footage was England '71, but I could be wrong. Remember, Mick met Bianca after one of the Paris 1970 shows. Wasn't that towards the end of the tour? They were in Vienna next, as I recall.

Date: August 7, 2009 20:10

with sssoul
parts of that first one are from Amsterdam 1970 - Chris Walter took a series of backstage photos that make it easy to recognize

HEILOOBAAS
I'm almost certain that backstage footage was England '71, but I could be wrong. Remember, Mick met Bianca after one of the Paris 1970 shows. Wasn't that towards the end of the tour? They were in Vienna next, as I recall.

Amsterdam was the last stop on that tour. thumbs up

Here's some of the pics by Chris Walter with sssoul mentions from the same backstage scene...

Date: August 7, 2009 20:15

Palace Revolution 2000
Then there's the person that Keith hugs. (Could be anyone though, even a dealer).

That's Jimmy Miller.

He's shown at other points during the footage and in pics from the same time.

Date: August 7, 2009 20:26

what are the gold records for ? sticky fingers?

Date: August 7, 2009 20:32

hbwriter
what are the gold records for ? sticky fingers?

Wasn't release by that point, maybe ya ya's!?

As they are in Holland I would assume it relates to sale of an album there.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: August 8, 2009 00:08

Aboslutely incredible footage. Thats the Rolling Stones band that i fell in love with, and sorry to say will always remember them as such . . .

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: August 8, 2009 01:02

Once again, I agree with Turd.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: August 8, 2009 01:07

And also Jimmy Miller being there + the gold album means he was prolly there because he produced it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home