Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

the stones and golf
Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: August 4, 2009 21:54

anyone know if the stones are golfers?

never heard it mentioned.

myself, i'm just starting into the game and find it rather addicting.

i heard the road manager for motley crue in the 80s forced the guys to take up golf because he knew that for 4 hours they would be occupied and not getting arrested.

Re: the stones and golf
Posted by: stein ()
Date: August 4, 2009 21:58

Mick had some rounds.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 4, 2009 22:08

Down in the hole!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 4, 2009 22:12

furio, said in the sopranos season three when dr kennedy was not taking good enough care of junior "golf is a stupida f@#$%^& game"

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: August 4, 2009 22:13

bobby keys does, and so did stu

Re: the Stones and golf
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 4, 2009 22:50

- Glasgow june 15th 1965 (don't know who took it, sorry!) -
and yes, i know it was a photo shoot, not a golf game, but ... well, there it is! :E

and a quote from Keith from that limited-edition Stu book about how Stu would book the Stones into hotels with golf courses:
"We'd be playing in some town where there's all these chicks, and they want to get laid and we want to lay them.
But Stu would have booked us into some hotel about ten miles out of town. You'd wake up in the morning and there's the links.
We’re bored to death looking for some action and Stu's playing Gleneagles."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-04 23:02 by with sssoul.

Date: August 5, 2009 00:04

I hope the Stones and golf stay worlds apart.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: August 5, 2009 01:28

Posted by: canadian.sway ()
Date: August 5, 2009 01:48

wow really cool pics guys, thanks.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: August 5, 2009 01:58

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 5, 2009 02:24

Ron Wood

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 5, 2009 06:56

elaborate

Date: August 5, 2009 13:58

A 'wood' is a golf club. smiling bouncing smiley

You're welcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-05 13:58 by Koen.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: August 5, 2009 14:20

The Rolling Stones Golf (special edition made in tandem with the Voodoo Lounge tour. Also a Bon Jovi special edition in the German's car maker catalog)

C

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 5, 2009 20:38

From the 1976 Barbara Charone article in the "Gospel According to The Glimmer Twins" thread, courtesy of SwayStones:

"Rock 'n' roll has been thrown into this coastal resort haven, sedately tucked fifty miles west of Glasgow. Ian Stewart played golf earlier that morning...."

The coastal resort haven was Turnberry, which this year hosted the British Open.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 5, 2009 21:55

Tennis! Keith's passionate about tennis. It was a big thing for him playing at the Rod Laver arena down under. And on the last tour, when Björn Borg, and his son Robin, turned up back stage, Keith was almost starstruck. It was funny. He raised both hands, then took a bow, in awe. Borg looked a little shy...
Keith and Blondie sit stearing ar the box when there's an interresting tennis match on. They're as passionate about tennis as Mick's about cricket. Hard core.

All the old, big tennis names like Connors, Gerulaitis, Wilander, Cash etc, are - or at least were - friends with at least one Rolling Stone.
Keith and Wilander were naighbours in Salem, used to hang out, played the guitar and some tennis together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-06 09:48 by Addicted.

Date: August 5, 2009 22:36

I remember seeing (on TV) Wood and his drinking buddy Jimmy White watching Pat Cash play at Wimbledon.

Date: August 6, 2009 00:09

Addicted
Tennis! Keith's passionate about tennis. It was a big thing for him playing at the Rod Laver arena down under. And on the last tour, when Björn Borg, and his son Robin, turner up back stage, Keith was almost starstruck. It was funny. He raised both hands, then took a bow, in awe. Borg looked a little shy...
Keith and Blondie sit stearing ar the box when there's an interresting tennis match on. They're as passionate about tennis as Mick's about cricket. Hard core.

All the old, big tennis names like Connors, Gerulaitis, Wilander, Cash etc, are - or at least were - friends with at least one Rolling Stone.
Keith and Wilander were naighbours in Salem, used to hang out, played the guitar and some tennis together.

And McEnroe of course.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: August 6, 2009 00:17

...it ruins a good walk.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 6, 2009 03:52

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: August 6, 2009 04:08

Is it a Rolling Stone? No . . .

Introducing the latest golf gadget...the Golf Rock, available only from Wormkiller.com. Plucked from the lush Rock Fields of New Guinea, this innovative golfing aid is guaranteed to not change the way you don't play golf. By using the Earth's magnetic field, the Golf Rock is able to sit in your pocket while you play golf.

No, I'm not making this up.

On the internet nobody knows
you're Mick Jagger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-06 04:09 by camper88.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 6, 2009 05:44

Koen
A 'wood' is a golf club. smiling bouncing smiley

You're welcome.

of course.

but not any more, now all woods are actually made of iron.

so how does one distinguish between a wood and an iron??

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: August 6, 2009 09:46

Palace Revolution 2000
Addicted
Tennis! Keith's passionate about tennis. It was a big thing for him playing at the Rod Laver arena down under. And on the last tour, when Björn Borg, and his son Robin, turned up back stage, Keith was almost starstruck. It was funny. He raised both hands, then took a bow, in awe. Borg looked a little shy...

And McEnroe of course.

Yeah, of course! How could I forget him? He's been to a lot of shows, too. A nice guy - as long as you're not a tennis ref.
And André Agassi's also among their tennis pals. And I'v still progably forgotten a few.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-06 09:49 by Addicted.

Date: August 6, 2009 12:54

I have a golfbal with a tongue on itsmiling smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 6, 2009 13:11

Start worrying when ya tongue has a ball on it .......

ROCKMAN

Date: August 6, 2009 13:25

haha!

Posted by: glencar ()
Date: August 6, 2009 20:34

Keith was interviewed years ago at the US Open (tennis, not golf) by Michael Barkan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-06 20:34 by glencar.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 6, 2009 21:02

For Mick & Charlie it's cricket, for Keith it's tennis - for Ronnie Wood it's snooker, and he's often seen in the company of Jimmy White or Ronnie O'Sullivan (household names in the UK, for those who live in snooker-free zones)

Posted by: glencar ()
Date: August 6, 2009 21:03

Another young fling for Ronnie?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home