Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bill german book
Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 24, 2009 21:16

I got the book for father's day and I got to say German was dogged in his efforts to get the magazine off the ground. I am finding pretty good.

Re: Bill german book
Date: June 26, 2009 22:33

It was a good read. Blitzed through it.

Date: June 27, 2009 02:35

I loved the book. It was respectful to all.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: June 27, 2009 06:41

I'm still working up to it...not in my nature to buy a book written about "my boys"
I don't need to read a book, I can listen to their music and know everything I need to know about them.............smiling smiley

Date: June 27, 2009 07:00

I liked the book, but have to say that the way I felt about the book, went hand in hand in the way Bill felt about the Stones. Once he became jaded, I grew less interested. But I thought the whole first section was fascinating, and Bill G has all my respect for his will power and persistence; and for his love for the Stones.

Date: June 28, 2009 10:57

When he talked about the price of tickets near the end of the bok his thoughts chimed exactly with my own. Helped cement the idea that I won't be going to any more Stones at the hyper inflation busting prices they charge.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 29, 2009 05:43

I just recently finished the book. Good read like a lot of people have said. I was never aware of the Beggar's Banquet newsletter until this book came out. While it was an entertaining read. It is still mainly just Bill's side. Nothing to inflammatory in here that we haven't heard before. It was fun to hear his stories and how a humble little kid worked his way into the Stones inner circle. Although it's hard to believe he was as naive as he said he was. Nobody's that naive. Espicially when the truth is smacking you in the face. Also, the part where he supposedly contemplates suicide,because putting out the newsletter was just too much. Seems a bit overdramitic. But,still a fun read.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-29 06:06 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: July 29, 2009 05:59

I too just finished this read. It made me sad that the boys were influenced by MC so easily. Also, what a dick MJ is. I always knew this. I have a similar story about him and the way he talks to you makes you wonder why you like him in the first place. But they sold out is what I got from it. They are not the same. Look how much changed in just 8 years from the '81 tour to '89. What BG had to offer was his friendship to Keith and Woody. Those guys didn't have their crew or managers until '89. So it was easier for him to gain access to the boys. You could not do it now. But Mick is a baby. BG tells it like it was to deal with the Mick Camp. Always the thorn in his side. It was a good read to the fact that I have hung out with a lot of those people but by the end I felt empty and wondered what happened to the band the last 10 or 15 years. Sell OUts keeps ringing in my ears. Sorry.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 29, 2009 06:48

*****Here be spoilers******

One thing that stood out loud and clear was how the Stones camp hung BG out to dry. The best example is how they had drugs sent to him on the Japan tour. His life could have been destroyed if the authorities had intercepted them.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: July 29, 2009 07:18

Well as I have said before, I have no illusions about the boys. I love their music! But they all (accept Charlie) seem so self obsorbed and narciscistic @#$%& and users. But man they make great music!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 29, 2009 15:46

Bliss

One thing that stood out loud and clear was how the Stones camp hung BG out to dry. The best example is how they had drugs sent to him on the Japan tour. His life could have been destroyed if the authorities had intercepted them.
thats how it works. the peon fans are supposed to take the hit and do the time for these guys cause after all they are upstanding artists in the community that would never break any laws only there dirtbag fans.let me tell you trying to get close to them does cloud your judgement.who are the cops gonna bother with the patdown them or any one of us .bottom line not worth it to take a chance forget about one of them doing the RIGHT THING when the blank hits the fan they will not KNOW YOU and you will be stuck holding the bag .at the same time the allure and the gravitational pull is very strong for us fans .its easier to just buy a ticket and sit in your seat and enjoy the show .the road is littered from fans that went down that road in the past .just say no !!!!!!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 29, 2009 17:51

The Greek
Bliss

thats how it works. the peon fans are supposed to take the hit and do the time for these guys cause after all they are upstanding artists in the community that would never break any laws only there dirtbag fans.let me tell you trying to get close to them does cloud your judgement.who are the cops gonna bother with the patdown them or any one of us .bottom line not worth it to take a chance forget about one of them doing the RIGHT THING when the blank hits the fan they will not KNOW YOU and you will be stuck holding the bag .at the same time the allure and the gravitational pull is very strong for us fans .its easier to just buy a ticket and sit in your seat and enjoy the show .the road is littered from fans that went down that road in the past .just say no !!!!!!!

Yeah well German put himself in that position by befriending the band. He should of kept his distnace. But he got caught up in it. But at least he got out alive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1480
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home