Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: after his 3 "stade de France", J.Hallyday tonight in front of 700.000 people
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: July 14, 2009 21:29

If some here think it's just shit, I think U2, Coldplay, or Springsteen are worse than Johnny H. Good night everybody.

Re: OT: after his 3 "stade de France", J.Hallyday tonight in front of 700.000 people
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 14, 2009 23:46

Enjoy the show Shezeboss

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: OT: after his 3 "stade de France", J.Hallyday tonight in front of 700.000 people
Date: July 15, 2009 00:21

Thank's a lot Rolling. I have no record from him, but, I made a really good best of Johnny : Quelquechose de tennessee / retiens la nuit / sam'di soir / oh ma jolie sarah / le chanteur abandonné / que je t aime / l idole des jeunes / Gabrielle / je te promets / j'ai oublié de vivre / un jour viendra / jesus christ / la musique que j aime / hey lovely lady / joue pas de rock'n'roll / elle m oublie / Laura / San francisco / j oublierai ton nom / requiem pour un fou / 20 very good songs.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 15, 2009 00:31

"worse than Johnny H"
Hey which Johhny? He's followed every trend he could cash on since the early 60's : faux Vince Taylor, soul man, Elvis clone, hippie, hard-rocker (he hired Trust's guitarist Nono).
He even put on a tour "inspired" by the movie Mad Max II.

In short he's a sort of low-brow Bob Dylan, ever-changing with a thousand faces... except Dylan's inspired by artists and poets. Johnny's inspired by B-grade movies and his love for the money cool smiley

Date: July 15, 2009 01:00

You came out swinging Shezeboss.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: July 15, 2009 01:04

"joue pas de rock'n'roll"

pardonnez moi?!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 15, 2009 11:32

I don't have records from him, but the live recordings of the 4 shows I saw.
I am french, born in '72, and I believe that in my generation, we all know at least 50 songs by him.

He almost never wrote a song himself, but when I was a kid, I discovered a lot of english and american bands because he made a french version of their songs, like Hush, House Of the Rising Sun, Johnny B Goode, Somethin' Else and many more.
Later, he had french authors making songs on themes he gave them.

He's by far not in my Top 5, but I agree, he's a way better performer than Bono and many others.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 15, 2009 12:01

Can't stand the man. You can look for him in the dictionary under "phony". He faux arizonian look just makes me want to puke.

And, lets not mislead our frinds in IORR, those thousands of people where there celebraiting "Bastille Day" and the fireworks not there only for the concert. Surely next year will be almost as much people regardless who'll be entertaining the crowd.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: July 15, 2009 18:53

he's kind of scary looking now. thank God Mick hasn't gone under the knife like that!

Date: July 15, 2009 23:56

leteyer don't say what about he talks. Johnny made his first record in 1960. Elia kazan, Mick Jagger, Hendrix and many many more admire or admired the GUY. I suppose leteyer was not born when he already had a big public. Yes he lived through all fashions, and, yes he has incredible classics (not only covers). You can't see Springsteen after Johnny. I love Elliott Murphy but I really find Springsteen or Bono truely ridiculous... and, I'm not the only one ...

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 16, 2009 00:18

never heard of him

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 16, 2009 04:15

There is no doubt that Johnny is a major figure in rock music for many millions of people.

He hired great musicians for his bands back in the day...put the JH Experience on the road in France the first week the band was formed! Jimi made his debut at the Olympia on the 1966 tour and he was grateful to Johnny. Jimi thought admiringly of Johnny as "quite the showman". Johnny also made sure the musicians got paid, had good food etc.

Several generations of the French have grown up with Hallyday. They have every right to praise him, know the words to his songs, etc.

It was Johnny who brought ROCK to the Continent in a big way.

Not quite sure where the 700,000 people came from. Watching TV tonight or?
The Stade holds approximately 80,000 per show, I believe.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-16 07:01 by stonesrule.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: July 16, 2009 10:46

Shezeboss
leteyer don't say what about he talks. Johnny made his first record in 1960. Elia kazan, Mick Jagger, Hendrix and many many more admire or admired the GUY. I suppose leteyer was not born when he already had a big public. Yes he lived through all fashions, and, yes he has incredible classics (not only covers). You can't see Springsteen after Johnny. I love Elliott Murphy but I really find Springsteen or Bono truely ridiculous... and, I'm not the only one ...

Acctually Bono dedicated him Mysterious Ways last Sunday at the Stade de France. I would never, ever criticise his fans or people who like him, I just can't stand HIM. I would never forget when he said in an interview that from the rock world only he and Mick survived drugs, how dare he put himself on the same category as Mick, they can be friends or lovers or whatever but they do not play on the same league.

Date: July 16, 2009 11:08

stonesrule
Not quite sure where the 700,000 people came from. Watching TV tonight or?
The Stade holds approximately 80,000 per show, I believe.

You're right, but on July 14th, he played in front of The Eifel tower, not in the Stade de France.

To be honest I guess that at least 100,000 didn't come for him, but for the fireworks after the show. If was not only French national day but also the Eiffel Tower's 120th anniversary

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 16, 2009 11:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-11 18:15 by Honestman.

Date: July 16, 2009 13:08

Honestman,

I kinda agree, and disagree on the same time
Saw him in 93 on his 50th birthday tour : awesome
Saw in 98, it sucked big time, mostly because of the song arrangements of Yvan Kassar, too much violins, chores etc
Saw him in 2000 : great again
Saw 2003 on TV, thought it sucked
Saw 2009 on TV and loved it pretty much. It seems to be a good tour to end a carreer on a good souvenir.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1163
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home