Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

interesting articles about B&B and SG
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: July 10, 2009 18:17

I found these articles, don't know if they've already been posted here.

Nothing new in them, and i don't entirely agree with them, but always interesting to get others' opinions.

And I'd never seen the 'alternative' to the B&B cover photo.

B&B

SG

Re: interesting articles about B&B and SG
Posted by: Happy2 ()
Date: July 10, 2009 18:24

This one isn't as interesting as the other one.

Posted by: michel ()
Date: July 10, 2009 18:37

Thanks for posting anyway, but what a crappy negative articles,

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 10, 2009 19:14

i would like to "speak" to this lucas sherman one on one about his so called reviews of b&b and sg.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-10 19:15 by The Greek.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 10, 2009 23:13

What I find funny with these reviews is the claim is that the writer claims to be "objective" because he is born in 1974, that is, he was not around when those albums were current. Well, in any case he tends up sounding like a stubborn Stones fan who has quite one-track idea of what makes the band great and is shocked because the band does not sound like it did in EXILE or earlier... I guess there might have been many people like him around the time when the albums were released who did not like the way the band was heading then... for example, the way he uses the term "disco" sounds so 70-s-like - you know, the horrible thing the real "rock people" used to loved to hate... I am sure "Hot Stuff" or "Miss YOu" was a hard case for many of them.

I need to say that for me - who came along around the time of TATTOO YOU - it also took some years to really appreciate the greatness of the late-seventies stuff, especially SOME GIRLS and EMOTIONAL RESCUE. I guess even the new albums like STEEL WHEELS or VOODOO LOUNGE are very "easy-listening" in the sense that that they give very conservative or safe and sure presentation of the band and of its music. If you learn the idea of the band from that source, perhaps album like BLACK&BLUE or even SOME GIRLS might sound a bit "strange" or non-Stonesy or the band trying too hard to be trendy, etc. It might even shock an avarage listener who is stuck with some sort of stubborn idea of how "the greatest ROCK&ROLL band of the world" should sound like, that three succesive albums start with a pure dance track...

But I find his criticism very cohesive and well-argued by his own logic. But I don't agree with his taste...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-10 23:16 by Doxa.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1573
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home