Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question on a boot
Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 9, 2009 22:20

Hello - I'm curious about who one of the backstage guys is on a boot I have. I probably got this from Erik Snow, but am not sure. I don't even know what show this was from, or what the opening song was, but I think it's BS, so i'm guessing '72ish.

At first there's the backstage crew talking and at one point a guy in a southern accent says something about what's taking them so long - they probably saw some girl in the hall - then later someone says "Peter Rudge says go"

Sorta near the beginning some guy starts laughing, it's a great laugh and I always wondered who it was. You can hear it right after someone calls for Chip, but i'm not sure they're talking to the laughing guy.

Anyway, some help about the show or the guy would be awesome.

THANKS!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Re: Question on a boot
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 9, 2009 22:29

ah, Cindy, please don't say you lost the artwork ?? All that precious ink..!
It's the "You Can't Do that Baby" bootleg...which is the Ladies & Gentleman soundtrack - recorded in Fort Worth and Houston 1972
Those voices in the beginning of the video....I also wonder where it's taken from
Probably included there just to make the atmosphere more exciting....the screen is all black during that talking; and I bet that the people in the cinema (which is what L&G was made to be seen in)...couldn't tell if the voices came from behind them, or from the movie

Date: July 9, 2009 22:40

Hi Erik - No I didn't lose the artwork!

I uploaded this to my work computer a few years back when you first gave it to me. I keep my itunes on random and it's been coming up a lot lately, but I always forget to check when I get home.

I do love when they include all the intros and you can feel the anticipation of the crowd. It's awesome! It does make the atmosphere more exciting.

Thanks again for sending these to me - I do listen to this stuff you and other people have sent me very often, daily even, but I didn't do a very good job labelling it all when I uploaded them - i'm a loser when it comes to that stuff, unlike yourself.

Coincidentally - Drift Away from your Acetates cd just came on. I still remember driving down the highway in Scotland cranking this album up real loud. Loud Rolling Stones music and fast driving go hand in hand. Almost as well as loud Rolling Stones music and great sex - but great sex has a leg up on that one, sorry fast driving.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 9, 2009 22:48

CindyC
Coincidentally - Drift Away from your Acetates cd just came on. I still remember driving down the highway in Scotland cranking this album up real loud. Loud Rolling Stones music and fast driving go hand in hand. Almost as well as loud Rolling Stones music and great sex - but great sex has a leg up on that one, sorry fast driving.

making love and listening to the Stones don't go in pair very well... well, you get so excited when you hear your fave tune again you can forget what were you doing before ;-)

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 9, 2009 22:59

i dont like sex.....when the Stones are playing....I prefer the Pretty Things...on the go

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 9, 2009 23:03

Yeah Cindy, you're a good driver - also remember Gimme Some Neck and Panic In Detroit being blasted in that car...

Nothing is better than CD-copies which are being enjoyed at your place....or office - just a pleasure for me

Unfortunately I can't crank up the David Dalton book, in return....I can "stare hard" though..!

Date: July 9, 2009 23:13

I have absolutely no recollecton of playing Gimme Some Neck in the car, that's weird.

Where were we when it was playing - do you remember? Sometimes I need a visual to spark my near-dead memory buttons.

You guys are right though about the RS during sex. It sounded good at the time, but thinking it through i would probably be listening to the music more than anything else, making it "just ok' sex. I'm still T-Rexing it though.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: July 9, 2009 23:29

Erik_Snow
ah, Cindy, please don't say you lost the artwork ?? All that precious ink..!
It's the "You Can't Do that Baby" bootleg...which is the Ladies & Gentleman soundtrack - recorded in Fort Worth and Houston 1972
Those voices in the beginning of the video....I also wonder where it's taken from
Probably included there just to make the atmosphere more exciting....the screen is all black during that talking; and I bet that the people in the cinema (which is what L&G was made to be seen in)...couldn't tell if the voices came from behind them, or from the movie

It's the soundman (unknown to me) talking to Chip Monk (lighting) and Peter Rudge, tour and stage manager. Rudge is the one who gives the ready-to-go sign, then houselights are dimmed and volume of PA is opened.

Mathijs

Date: July 9, 2009 23:31

or the J geils band....if tou want.....but never the rollin....well maybe the last half of ...Shine a light

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: July 9, 2009 23:48

CindyC
I have absolutely no recollecton of playing Gimme Some Neck in the car, that's weird.

Where were we when it was playing - do you remember? Sometimes I need a visual to spark my near-dead memory buttons.

You guys are right though about the RS during sex. It sounded good at the time, but thinking it through i would probably be listening to the music more than anything else, making it "just ok' sex. I'm still T-Rexing it though.

I remember Gimme Some Neck but don't recall which part of the drive. I also remember Criss Cross Mind on that drive...I think it was the first I had heard it. Panic in Detroit @ 140decibels (or whatever it was) is probably why I have tinitus today. Seriously!

Date: July 10, 2009 00:10

WMiller
Panic in Detroit @ 140decibels (or whatever it was) is probably why I have tinitus today. Seriously!

Oh go grow a pair, will ya!

Date: July 10, 2009 00:12

Thanks for the info Mathijs.

Rooster - jgeils? HAHA - that's a weird choice.

I've never had anyone whisper in my ear "open up the door bitch, it's the wooba-gooba with the green teeth, let me IN".

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 10, 2009 00:14

CindyC
Thanks for the info Mathijs.

Rooster - jgeils? HAHA - that's a weird choice.

I've never had anyone whisper in my ear "open up the door bitch, it's the wooba-gooba with the green teeth, let me IN".

Do you want to?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: July 10, 2009 00:21

iou make it fun!!

Date: July 10, 2009 00:21

sweetcharmedlife
I may end up spending all my money, But I'll still be alive"

It took me a minute to figure out which song this was from.

Date: July 10, 2009 00:24

cheers Cindy.......I have to rock a little slower...all thd best

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home