Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Q re "Come On"
Date: July 3, 2009 15:51

I am not in a place where I have access to my Cds; but we are having an argument here about "Come On". Isn't there a version where they modulate halfway through the song? It just came on the player, and they did not modulate, and I could swear there is a version where take it up a couple half steps.

Re: Q re "Come On"
Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 3, 2009 16:20

Yes, at 0:58.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 3, 2009 16:32

Palace Revolution 2000
I am not in a place where I have access to my Cds; but we are having an argument here about "Come On". Isn't there a version where they modulate halfway through the song? It just came on the player, and they did not modulate, and I could swear there is a version where take it up a couple half steps.

The version on london years for sure goes up a couple of steps some time during the song. Don't know if an alternative version exists without the trick.

C

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 3, 2009 17:38

indeed: have i ever heard it without that key change? [scratching head] i doubt it

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 3, 2009 17:48

The BBC session version doesn't modulate, it has a guitar and then harmonica solo at the point where it modulates on the single version and it sounds all the better for it.

That modulation is uber cheesy!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-03 17:51 by His Majesty.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 3, 2009 17:54

>> That modulation is uber cheesy! <<

yes it sure is! very endearing :E
thanks for clarifying where i have of course heard it without that

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: July 3, 2009 23:25

His Majesty
The BBC session version doesn't modulate, it has a guitar and then harmonica solo at the point where it modulates on the single version and it sounds all the better for it.

That modulation is uber cheesy!

I totally agree- I think if they had cut it like the BBC version it would have been a much better single!

Date: July 4, 2009 02:03

I very much agree about the sucking of the modulation. I hate just about every modulation, unless it is done almost seamlessly ( e.g "My Girl"). But thanks for the info; it threw me when I heard the non mod version today. Consciously, I mean.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home