Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jagger, Richards solo
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 24, 2009 23:45

It appears Atlantic and Virgin have deleted Jagger's back catalog and that Virgin has deleted Richards' back catalog. Remaindered stock of some titles exist at places like Amazon, but it appears neither of them have a home at the moment. KeithRichards.com is only selling WINGLESS ANGELS in their online store. Any word on where or when they will land elsewhere? Also curious which label is releasing Jagger and Dave Stewart's SUPER HEAVY project as well as Jagger and Joss Stone's contribution to the PEACE DAY charity disc allegedly coming out in September. Anyone have info?

Re: Jagger, Richards solo
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 25, 2009 03:57

You mean I can't buy Let's Work anymore ?

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: June 25, 2009 11:52

They will not dare release the solo records for fear of being blamed for them not selling like strawberries at Wimbledon (re the recent "outbursts" against the reissue of the Stones catalogue....)winking smiley

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: June 28, 2009 21:31

Dave Stewart's last projects have been "Platinum Weird" with Kara DioGuardi, which started as writing sessions for a girl group that was later hyped very much by Jimmy Iovine's Interscope Records, a subsidiary of Universal, the Stones' new umbrella ella ella eh eh eh eh. "Platinum Weird" underwent a heavy promotional campaign with many fake-inofficial websites pretending it was a reissue of a rarity from the 1970s and Rutles styled interview clips of celebrities, but didn't make it to an official release of their "current era" second album. So the first album might have tanked at the box office.
So his own "Dave Stewart Songbook" of covers of hit songs he has written for other artists, played by his band Rock Fabulous Orchestra came out on his own indie label.

SUPER HEAVY therefore looks likely to be in the hands of Interscope as well. I'm curious as to who are the other "stars" of the album. They'd better release this album and don't hide it any longer whilst people still are buying music ...

If the Universal deal includes the solo albums, it is likely that they will be reissued at some point. If not, well, who knows.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 28, 2009 21:34

I think Keith will find a home for his work(he dont care how many they sell as long as theres ANY demand for em IMO) Hey,maybe he can get WOODEN Records to release them!

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 29, 2009 00:25

thanks for the info, Mr. Webster. Scottkeef, i know you're kidding, but I'm pretty sure Wooden Records is now defunct following the split with Jo.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 29, 2009 22:10

There is no demand for them. There is no need to stock them or to even bother trying to sell them. In fact, they could list them for $2 and nobody would buy them.

You can still get the excellent Let's Work on Mick's hits comp - including the video!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: June 30, 2009 12:38

Re: Jagger, Richards solo new
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: June 29, 2009 22:10

There is no demand for them. There is no need to stock them or to even bother trying to sell them. In fact, they could list them for $2 and nobody would buy them.

I agree, there is little, if any, market for their solo work. If the Stones re-issues aren't selling great, why would would these?

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: June 30, 2009 14:08

No wonder I couldn't find Keith on iTunes. MJ's albums were there last time I looked...

Shame - I wanted to download Hate It When You Leave and Make No Mistake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-30 15:20 by WeLoveYou.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home