Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is there any new material on the re-releases?
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 20, 2009 13:50

Is there any new material on any of the re-release discs? If so, what? No, the censored version of Star Star doesn't count. I had that on 8track courtesy of my dad. Always thought that was irritating.

(I can't believe they're not just calling it a day and releasing some fun live recordings. Wouldn't they start on the vault unless they planned to do another album/tour?)

Re: Is there any new material on the re-releases?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 20, 2009 14:20

Nope.

Date: May 20, 2009 15:01

If there's no material then whats the point? They're not SACD or DVD Audio Discs right? No high def audio formats? If there's no new material then wont we just see duplicates of the same discs in our favorite record stores?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 20, 2009 15:10

It's just like some of them bootleg-labels....labels like "SODD"; well-known material in degraded quality and presented in degraded packages..! tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-20 15:11 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 20, 2009 15:11

Worth it for the new bar-codes....If your a real collector....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 20, 2009 15:14

flacnvinyl
If there's no material then whats the point? They're not SACD or DVD Audio Discs right? No high def audio formats? If there's no new material then wont we just see duplicates of the same discs in our favorite record stores?

The point is simply that they have changed the record label and they still want the back catalogue being available for people who want to buy a Rolling Stones CD. It is mainly not thought for us fans who buy the same discs for the tenth time...

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 20, 2009 15:17

YES! There is an overdub on Star Star that was recorded and released in the U.S. in 1973 and is COMPLETELY NEW to people who have never heard of it before!

Date: May 20, 2009 15:22

Is Luxury four and a half minutes or five minutes long??

Date: May 20, 2009 15:23

5min version

ROCKMAN

Date: May 20, 2009 16:04

midnrambler
flacnvinyl

The point is simply that they have changed the record label and they still want the back catalogue being available for people who want to buy a Rolling Stones CD. It is mainly not thought for us fans who buy the same discs for the tenth time...

..correct it's aimed at the 5 people currently residing on Planet Earth who have until now had no opportunity or interest in buying these 35 year old albums which were continuously available until about 3 months ago.

Posted by: maddog87 ()
Date: May 20, 2009 16:04

Rockman
Worth it for the new bar-codes....If your a real collector....

NEW BAR CODES!!!!! SWEET!!!

Sticky Fingers 0602527015620 blows away Sticky Fingers 724383952526. Everybody knows that....

Sticky Fingers 724383952526 SUCKS....

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 20, 2009 17:19

midnrambler
flacnvinyl

bingo. not sure what is so hard to understand and why all the hand-wringing and consternation. this happens all the time when acts switch labels and offer the back catalogue up.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 20, 2009 17:58

maddog - great post! I love it.

Date: May 20, 2009 18:58

T&A
midnrambler
flacnvinyl

bingo. not sure what is so hard to understand and why all the hand-wringing and consternation. this happens all the time when acts switch labels and offer the back catalogue up.

True, but how many bands would be on their 5th distributor since they formed their own label? And changing labels/distributor doesnt necessarily always mean that the previous label has to delete their catalogue.

Perfectly reasonable for the back catalogue to be easily available - but after some many reissues and remasters, to put it out again in this day and age at full price with nothing extra but a wooden box is shit. Take a look at the Beatles reissues thread to see how it could be done.

And if they're going to do something extra with 'Exile' as has been implied, then surely it's not much to ask for similar treatment with the rest. Why stop at just one?

Date: May 20, 2009 19:09

maybe i've just come to accept mick at his word that he has no interest delving into old, unreleased material...and whatever mick doesn't want to do, he doesn't get...or something.

i just assumed from the get-go with these universal releases that they'd be what they've turned out to be. you follow this band long enough and you get a "feel" for things, eh?

Date: May 20, 2009 19:32

Dont get me wrong - I wasnt remotely surprised that it was the same stuff all over again. Expect little and if you get nothing, its not a big disappointment I guess.

In a bizarre way, its probably a good thing because it means I have absolutely no motivation to buy the Cds again. Had there been bonus material, I'd have eventually bought the lot. Their loss and my (financial) gain, I suppose.

Date: May 20, 2009 19:34

Gazza
Dont get me wrong - I wasnt remotely surprised that it was the same stuff all over again. Expect little and if you get nothing, its not a big disappointment I guess.

In a bizarre way, its probably a good thing because it means I have absolutely no motivation to buy the Cds again. Had there been bonus material, I'd have eventually bought the lot. Their loss and my (financial) gain, I suppose.

see? they're being thoughtful and very unselfish here....

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 20, 2009 20:16

Its not just the bar codes, its also the 2009 copyright. Its new and you get to remvoe the shrink wrap all over again. Better still, keep it sealed and never play it. Just take it down off the shelf once in awhile and look at it.

Date: May 20, 2009 23:21

Will the unopened Universal CDs loose their re-sale value if you get finger prints on the shrink wrap? If that's true I'm not touching them!!! They are going right into protective Mylar bags...then off to the safe deposit box along with all my Phantom Menace/Attack of the Clones Star Wars figures.

Looks like retirement will be coming a little bit earlier for me....

Date: May 21, 2009 01:09

Hey Ho!! maddog ... Threw the barcode one in
for a bit of madness but you actually went and checked 'em...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: May 21, 2009 05:11

Rocky Dijon
Its not just the bar codes, its also the 2009 copyright. Its new and you get to remvoe the shrink wrap all over again. Better still, keep it sealed and never play it. Just take it down off the shelf once in awhile and look at it.
HAR HAR!!---it's hilarious how many people do that..like an argentine promo single of I GO WILD with radio edit and sealed is actually going to make you a millionaire in 2045!!!

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Date: May 21, 2009 15:25

Rockman

Now that is what I'm talking about! Just look at that awesome bar code! And really isn't that what it’s all about when you come right down to it... Passionately defending the copy you own while running down those who have something else?

I mean those 724383952526 bar coders can just suck it....

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: May 21, 2009 15:32

maddog87
Rockman

Now that is what I'm talking about! Just look at that awesome bar code! And really isn't that what it’s all about when you come right down to it... Passionately defending the copy you own while running down those who have something else?

I mean those 724383952526 bar coders can just suck it....

Oh no, (gulp)---I once bought the complete set of the UK editions of the DSD vinyls of the ABCKO stuff (after I bought the American ones), just because the bar codes WERE different...truth is stranger than fiction...

And yes, people tell me I am sick...

BUT I FEEL FINE!

JR

Date: May 21, 2009 18:44

Honestly... As a fan... I'm disappointed.

As the biggest band in the world, they should love their fans. Is it just me or are the Stones just lazy? How many officially released videos are STILL not available on DVD??

Where is the Stones At The Max on Blueray????
Where is Ladies and Gentlemen the Rolling Stones on DVD????
Where is Let's Spend The Night Together on DVD?

Where are the super deluxe, remastered, beautifully-packaged, $25 double CD releases???

We got a rarities disc that contained ONE rarity worth noting: Let It Rock from 71. Where the hell was Jump On Top Of Me, Under The Radar, I'm Gonna Drive, etc...???

I'm 25, almost 26. The Stones have been and always will be my favorite band, but I get the feeling they really don't care at all about their fans. I may be a diehard, but I don't idol-worship the Stones like some fans I've run into. I love their music. Thats what I dig. The music. Not the merch, not every single thing that has the tongue logo on it, the music. I collect their stuff on vinyl, bootlegs on DVD, and I have a 500GB-raid-array network attached harddrive with every single officially released song, and the best bootlegs I could find from every tour.

How is it that this great band would leave so many holes in their catalog?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-21 18:45 by flacnvinyl.

Date: May 21, 2009 18:50

wow, they're even losing the drake...once kent jumps ship, all remaining hope will be lost...

Date: May 21, 2009 19:11

I'm get me wrong brother. As soon as the Stones put out something worthwhile, I'm on it, but until then I have other concerns and hobbies! Besides, there are tons of unofficial films and recordings for me to listen to.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 21, 2009 21:58

I really only bought Rarities for Let It Rock, Through The Lonely Nights and I Just Want To Make Love To You because I never had the BS single 45, the IORR single won't play for shit and I never could find the Highwire CD single.

What I didn't need was a third (actually 4th since I never got rid of the CBS Sucking...70s CD copy yet alone the original vinyl record) CD release of Everything Is Turning To Gold or a 2nd release of the much better version but a bit too long Miss You.

Posted by: StonesFanatic ()
Date: May 21, 2009 22:12

Gazza
midnrambler
flacnvinyl

..correct it's aimed at the 5 people currently residing on Planet Earth who have until now had no opportunity or interest in buying these 35 year old albums which were continuously available until about 3 months ago.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 21, 2009 22:35

T&A
wow, they're even losing the drake...once kent jumps ship, all remaining hope will be lost...

kent? where is he, by the way? long time no see... the unimaginable has probably already happened! but they still have ablett and HighwireC under their wing!

Date: May 21, 2009 23:16

alimente
T&A

kent? where is he, by the way? long time no see... the unimaginable has probably already happened! but they still have ablett and HighwireC under their wing!

kent's cool - it's nice that a few of the younger blokes are trying to hold the fort down. with age comes wisdom, tummy fat, bitterness, disdain and healthy doses of skepticism, contempt and cynicism. all this too will be his in due course.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 898
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home