Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Gillan
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 19, 2009 13:58

Someone said he was a silly singer.. in the Queen - Rodgers -thread.
Didnt want to hi-jack anymore, so I started this.
Thoughts?

Re: OT Gillan
Date: May 19, 2009 14:09

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 19, 2009 16:42

I prefer him with Deep Purple.

Posted by: oldbarbarian78 ()
Date: May 19, 2009 17:48

I think he's an excellent singer. However, although I am a huge Black Sabbath fan, I also prefer him with Purple. Sabbath has been a revolving door for many years and I really only acknowledge the original lineup, and maybe the current Heaven and Hell lineup, as being credible.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 20, 2009 03:34

Thanks for posting BB. I saw Gillan w/ Sabbath in Stockholm in August 1983 so your posting brings back memories.
It was the first time I attended a rock show in Europe and it was so different in so many ways.

1. Mode of transportation - I took a train (underground) to the show. It was packed with other kids going to the show.
2. Flowing alcohol - almost everyone on that train had, or was sharing a bottle of Vodka or some other form of booze.
3. The clothing - it appeared that a majority of those attending were wearing blue jean jackets with patched of their favorite bands sown on the clothing.
4. Security - Walking from the train to the entry of the arena was lined with police and their German Shepherds. All the alcohol was ditched as soon as the attendees left the train.
5. There was no smell of pot inside the arena.
6. The activity with the floor seats - most amazing. Show was NOT GA. Everything was calm for the warm up act. Then Sabbath came on, and by the second song, all the chairs were piled up at the rear of the floor sections.

A fun time was had by all! ...except those that were puking by the end of the show.

Date: May 20, 2009 09:51

Great memory ya share there, BluzDude.
Some more thoughts about smokin'

"There was no smell of pot inside the arena."

Reckon that hasnt been smelled between reggae gigs around 1980-82
amnd the last summer's ditto festivals in our country.

Similar in our neigbour country, Denmark:
Last time there were these thick irie smoke clouds at Roskilde qwas back in 1982-83.

if ya have a faiblesse for those clouds ya can go to Den GrĂ¥ Hal or elsewhere
in the Free State of Christiania in Copenhagen.

Speakin of Denmark there has been a tough debate lately about smokin in public.
Some leading culture personalaties has been smokin' mad about it. Link: [www.op-i-roeg.dk]

Well.. Sorry that I hi-jacked my own thread. Gillan solo/Gillan band are other interesting things..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-20 09:52 by Baboon Bro.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2017
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home