Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: PEARL JAM'S Jeff Ament violently attacked and robbed in Atlanta
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: May 14, 2009 09:47

From the city that gave us the infamous "Deadly Bombing at the Olympics" in the 90's as well as CNN and Coca-Cola Headquarters we now have Jeff Ament, Bass Player for PEARL JAM, one of the best Rock bands in the world being attacked and robbed in broad daylight as he was at a studio working on the new Pearl Jam album.

On the afternoon of 4/27/09 robbers with masks emerged from the woods and smashed the windows of Ament's rented jeep where they stole a little under $10,000 in cash and goods. He was also chased down and attacked, suffering head injuries. This all took place outside Southern Tracks Recording Studios in Atlanta, Georgia in the heart of what's know as the "American South".

It is not know if Pearl Jam was specifically targeted due to their anti Right Wing lyrics, songs, and attitude or if it was just a random attack - no one has been caught and Pearl Jam have NO COMMENT at all about the incident. Ament was expected to make a full recovery. (Taken From the New ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE - Green Day on the cover + various other sources)

Re: OT: PEARL JAM'S Jeff Ament violently attacked and robbed in Atlanta
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 14, 2009 14:58

I'm very sorry for Jeff, but it happens every day. I just hope the guys are gonna get caught and Jeff's going to be alright.

...if you ever go to Atlanta, keep your gunbelts tight...

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 14, 2009 16:42

Just another reason of MILLIONS to NOT go to Atlanta.

I'll be there sometime in June unfortunately, playing a gig at a dingy club.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 14, 2009 16:46

"stole a little under $10,000 in cash and goods"
Better and safer than robbing a bank : rob a rock star!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 14, 2009 16:54

Could have happened in yer little small town as well, couldnt it, Helter?

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 14, 2009 18:00

It is not know if Pearl Jam was specifically targeted due to their anti Right Wing lyrics, songs, and attitude

A ridiculous comment - it was a ROBBERY. Sorry for Jeff and anyone else who is robbed or attacked.

I'll be there sometime in June unfortunately, playing a gig at a dingy club.

Where ya gonna be, skip?

Could have happened in yer little small town as well, couldnt it, Helter?

Unfortunately, so true, Bro. Even got crime in my little town of 1600.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 14, 2009 18:11

At least he's still 'Alive'

Posted by: socialdistortion ()
Date: May 14, 2009 18:29

Yep, here comes a "let's blame Bush" thing....

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 14, 2009 19:39

HelterSkelter
It is not know if Pearl Jam was specifically targeted due to their anti Right Wing lyrics, songs, and attitude or if it was just a random attack -

I think it'd be better, Helter, if you did simple copy and pastes to the news peices rather than paraphrase stories and add your own little twists to mix with the facts.

[www.rollingstone.com]
Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament was the victim of a violent robbery outside Southern Tracks Recording studios in Atlanta, where the band is recording their ninth studio album with producer Brendan O’Brien. According to a police report, Ament and a band employee pulled up to the rear of the studio on the afternoon of April 27th when three assailants brandishing knives emerged from the woods wearing black masks, gloves and pants. The robbers smashed the windows of a rented Jeep and grabbed a BlackBerry before demanding more money. In total, Ament was robbed of $3,000 in cash and $4,320 worth of goods.

The bassist was chased and knocked to the ground, sustaining a head laceration which was treated by EMS. The attackers — who also stole Ament’s passport — escaped into a waiting black Nissan Maxima. The incident was captured on a surveillance camera, but no arrests have been made. Pearl Jam declined to comment on the incident.

In February, Rolling Stone confirmed Pearl Jam were hitting the studio to work on an album they plan to self-release in the States. “The new record feels good so far — really strong and uptempo, stuff we can sink our teeth into,” Eddie Vedder told us. It’s the band’s first album with O’Brien behind the boards since 1998’s Yield.

Pearl Jam are booked to headline both the Outside Lands and Austin City Limits festivals alongside the Beastie Boys and Dave Matthews Band. The band has also confirmed two late-August gigs, one in Toronto and one in Chicago.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: May 14, 2009 19:57

skipstone

Agree. I think Atlanta may be the most boring of all US cities.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 14, 2009 20:01

fiftyamp
skipstone

Agree. I think Atlanta may be the most boring of all US cities.
It hasn't been the same since Sherman burned it down. To be fair though this attack could have happened anywhere. Atlanta isn't the only place where this sort of things happens.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: May 14, 2009 20:08

horrible news indeed; prayers for his well-being. i don't think it's fair to give it a big 'southern' spin tho, and somehow denigrate the great American South and Southern peeps.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: May 14, 2009 20:21

When Ray Davies was shot a few years ago in New Orleans,
I don't remember anyone saying "Well, he was in New Orleans...
that's the deep American South." or saying "Another reason
not to go to New Orleans."

Date: May 14, 2009 20:44

Justin
HelterSkelter
It is not know if Pearl Jam was specifically targeted due to their anti Right Wing lyrics, songs, and attitude or if it was just a random attack -

I think it'd be better, Helter, if you did simple copy and pastes to the news peices rather than paraphrase stories and add your own little twists to mix with the facts.

[www.rollingstone.com]

You should read my ENTIRE article Justin my boy. It says numerous sources (which would include HUFFINGTON POST and MICHEAL MOORE plus one or 2 more. Oh, and of course this way-out-there concept would never play into Pearl Jam. Have you ever seen the CSNY DVD DEJA VU and the treatment they received in concert in Atlanta due to their political stance and the same with the DIXIE CHICKS and their return (also on DVD). KNOWLEDGE IS GOLDEN Justin so go find some bling lad - and stop accusing posters of not being accurate until YOU have ALL THE FACTS !!!

Date: May 14, 2009 20:51

Beelyboy
horrible news indeed; prayers for his well-being. i don't think it's fair to give it a big 'southern' spin tho, and somehow denigrate the great American South and Southern peeps.

Belly, if you watch the treatment of CSNY in ATLANTA after they played an anti war or anti Bush song on the Deja Vu DVD and then see the same thing happen, more or less, with the DIXIE CHICKS return (on their DVD) Maybe it's just a coincident that it's always ATLANTA, could be.......

Date: May 14, 2009 21:10

MICHEAL MOORE - now there's a good, honest,non-biased source.

It was a robbery. Could happen anywhere. Politics had nothing to do with it.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:21

Beelyboy

I agree. Thanks beely. And Helter, no offense but I think if someone had a problem with Pearl Jam's political leanings they would have targeted Vedder AND left behind some kind of statement. It sounds like a premeditated robbery.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:21

Well, me and mrs. Doxa were robbed two nights ago at Riga - by local policemen! I mean, damn difficult to resist...

- Doxa

Date: May 14, 2009 21:24

Lukester
Beelyboy

I agree. Thanks beely. And Helter, no offense but I think if someone had a problem with Pearl Jam's political leanings they would have targeted Vedder AND left behind some kind of statement. It sounds like a premeditated robbery.

Thanks Lukster and Beely.

I couldn't care less about their politics, the music sux. Still, sorry to see anyone get hurt.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:37

no problem Elmo. You know I love Atlanta.

Date: May 14, 2009 21:43

tomk
When Ray Davies was shot a few years ago in New Orleans,
I don't remember anyone saying "Well, he was in New Orleans...
that's the deep American South." or saying "Another reason
not to go to New Orleans."

First off New Orleans has VERY dangerous area's around it. Everytime I check into a hotel in the French Quarter they give you a xerox map and cross out all the super dangerous area's with black pens...... But it's violence due to poverty, in Atlanta is due to poverty SOMETIMES but it's also due to political disagreements many times - Atlanta is the center of the racial stuff.... I mean, they do still fly the Confederate Flag everywhere, NO???

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:44

Wow,what's with all the bashing of cities lately. Lukester had a good point. If this was somehow politically motivated,they would have went after Vedder. He writes the lyrics. But who walks around with 3 g's in their pocket. If you got that much money,hire a little security to go with you. Also a little odd that the band appears to want to keep this quiet....But anyway,I love PJ. Look forward to hearing the new album and I hope the creeps who did this get caught.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 14, 2009 21:45

HelterSkelter
numerous sources (which would include HUFFINGTON POST and MICHEAL MOORE plus one or 2 more. Oh, and of course this way-out-there concept would never play into Pearl Jam. Have you ever seen the CSNY DVD DEJA VU and the treatment they received in concert in Atlanta due to their political stance and the same with the DIXIE CHICKS and their return (also on DVD)

As "solid" as those sources may be...I don't think including these assumptions into the news article was appropriate. This trend of infusing irrelevant or unconfirmed details in journalism-- I find to be very irresponsible. To me, it's quite a FOX NEWS way of reporting.

People should stick to the facts and hold off on dropping a new angle to news peices just for the fun of making the story a bit more "controversial" or "thickening" the plot.

Just my opinion, of course.

Date: May 14, 2009 21:58

Lukester
no problem Elmo. You know I love Atlanta.

Oh, man, you guys have me ALL WRONG - I LOVE Atlanta, on my one and only visit in 1995 the place rocked. I did miss CNN headquarters and Coca cola Headquarters sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-14 22:15 by HelterSkelter.

Date: May 14, 2009 22:29

I mean, they do still fly the Confederate Flag everywhere, NO???

No, the Georgia flag was changed several years ago to remove the Confederate battle flag. But, yes, there are some ignorant SOB's here just like anywhere else in this old world.

Date: May 14, 2009 22:29

CNN, aska the "Clinton News Network"

Boy you effers have THIN skin

Date: May 14, 2009 22:40

Elmo's got class, always liked him - I can live in his world... SD is a different story.... Hey SocialDisorder (Spooky name), trailer still holding up?.....gotta fix that thang bro....(mine has fire painted all around - cool)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-14 22:48 by HelterSkelter.

Date: May 14, 2009 22:49

Peace, Helter - going to listen to the White album in your honor. smiling smiley

Date: May 14, 2009 23:25

Thanks Elmo, and peace to you also bro, will put on one of the best live American albums ever recorded, ALLMAN BROTHERS LIVE AT THE FILLMORE EAST in your honor - pure musical perfection !!!. We could do a gigantic road trip with our collection of music smiling smiley

Date: May 14, 2009 23:27

interesting,SOME posts remain "as is"; some somehow get "deleted. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1401
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home