Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Woody and Rod at Mac tonight?
Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: May 1, 2009 05:50

At the Mint in L. A.? Rod did Jeff Beck a few days ago. Woody is living in town...

Re: Woody and Rod at Mac tonight?
Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 1, 2009 14:55

I would more expect Ronnie to show up than Stewart. Should be a great gig either way. Those who are going will have some fun!

Posted by: mryapp ()
Date: May 1, 2009 15:52

Rod did Jeff Beck a few days ago.....I hope not, but then, none of my business.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 1, 2009 16:39

Just a rumor ..... smileys with beer

[www.snopes.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 1, 2009 20:29

Did anyone show up to last night's show?

Date: May 2, 2009 02:20

BluzDude

Was at the show Thursday nite and no special guests. There is an article in the Daily Mail today about Ronnie and his daughter, with pix, so it appears he's in London.

Now about the show. Freaking fantastic!!!! Mac is great. Solo and Faces songs. Tells some great stories. If you are going tonite and don't have tix, get there early. This place is really small. Not a bad sight line in the house. Great food and not bad drink prices, as my credit card can attest. This place is like a neighbor bar.

Scotty

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 2, 2009 08:22

IAN MCLAGAN & THE BUMP BAND, THE MINT, THURSDAY, APRIL 30, 2009
Category: Music
Last night's hot line up of Ian McLagan & the Bump Band at The Mint in Los Angeles included: Ian McLagan on lead vocals & keyboards, "Scrappy" Newcomb on guitar, Ronnie Johnson on bass, and Don Harvey on drums...The show was a sizzling non stop set of original tunes..both old and new...Here's the best I could do peering over at the set list and scribbling stuff down..Please forgive any errors or omissions...they may be numerous...corrections are welcome..hope you all enjoyed tonight's show...see you tomorrow smiling smiley

Writing credits were given to The Bump Band, Ronnie Lane Ian McLagan, Little Walter Jacobs, Steve Marriott, and Ronnie Wood... Tunes included:

I Will Follow
(something with the word "not" in the title)
You're My Girl
Date With an Angel
Lover Man
Glad & Sorry
Get Yourself a Girl
Lucky Together
When the Crying is Over
Cindy Incidentally
Never Say Never
A Little Black Number
You're so Rude
Spiritual Babe
Trouble Maker
Temperature
Lil' Girl
Kuschty Rye
Thanks for reading...Donna smiling smiley

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2009-05-02 19:44 by donnarq1.

Posted by: bumbum ()
Date: May 2, 2009 18:09

[email protected]
BluzDude

Was at the show Thursday nite and no special guests. There is an article in the Daily Mail today about Ronnie and his daughter, with pix, so it appears he's in London.

Now about the show. Freaking fantastic!!!! Mac is great. Solo and Faces songs. Tells some great stories. If you are going tonite and don't have tix, get there early. This place is really small. Not a bad sight line in the house. Great food and not bad drink prices, as my credit card can attest. This place is like a neighbor bar.

Scotty

Here's the article:

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Ronnie doesn't look that fresh

Posted by: mfb ()
Date: May 2, 2009 23:31

seen this band a couple of three times, will be great no matter what, guaranteed

Posted by: DaisyGrace ()
Date: May 3, 2009 02:24

[email protected]
BluzDude

Scotty

Don't you just love Mac and the Bumps? They rock, rock, rock. And Mac and Don are just great guys (as I'm sure Ronnie and Scrappy are). I can't wait 'til they come home to Austin so I can see them!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1602
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home