Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

TMOQ
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 26, 2009 23:11

I´m looking for a complete list of original stones TMOQ LPs...

Anyone have a list?

Re: TMOQ
Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: April 27, 2009 00:00

[en.wikipedia.org]

Here ya go...

JR

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 27, 2009 00:04

Many Thanks JR!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: April 27, 2009 06:39

further to this....does anyone have "71020 Rolling Stones European Tour 1970"..?
I once listened to the album (green coloured) 20 years ago and it is far better than the CDrs of the same show.

Date: April 27, 2009 22:11

Actually, even better than the TMOQ version is the Rubber Dubber, 2LP set, Rolling Stones European Tour 1970, which is the source for the TMOQ edition. The Rubber dubber sounds way better, as they spread the show over two LPs instead of Jamming it onto one record.

Here is a really rare version of it, packaged together with the 1972 LP, Burning at the Hollywood Palladium.

[cgi.ebay.com]

JR

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 28, 2009 10:09

Got the Essen show on a double album on Roll/Rope records, real heavy vinyl!

Never seen the Rubber Dubber version, can you please put up a picture of it here or in your rareties post?

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 28, 2009 11:10

Rank Stranger
Never seen the Rubber Dubber version, can you please put up a picture of it here or in your rareties post?

I have the original RUBBER DUBBER double disc LIVE IN EUROPE 1970 but don't know how to post pictures on IORR (besides, it's put away in storage with my boot collection that I must sell someday while people still have a bit of cash to spend - a real bitch to get to). I don't remember the sound being THAT good but an interesting album. I believe the last song on the disc, BROWN SUGAR, fades out cause the recorders were spotted and bolted for the exits, is that a true story JR? Let me see if I remember the set list on the album -

JJF
ROLL OVER BEETHOVEN
SYMPATHY
STRAY CAT BLUES
LOVE IN VAIN
DEAD FLOWERS
MIDNIGHT RAMBLER
LIVE WITH ME
LITTLE QUEENIE
LET IT ROCK
BROWN SUGAR

I think I slightly effed up towards the end - THIS IS all off the top of my head......

Date: April 28, 2009 12:40

will post a pic of it later in the day. At work now.

JR

Date: April 28, 2009 13:12

Here is the Rubber Dubber. Often in gatefold, rubberstamped sleeve....like this..

[cgi.ebay.com]

sometimes in two single sleeves. Both have deluxe printed labels, one black print, white background, other Red background black print.

Here is the Roll and Rope label one, both have deluxe purple labels, but one says "Roll Records" other says "Rope Records".

[cgi.ebay.com]

JR

Date: April 28, 2009 18:14

Here are better photos of the above...

Rubber Dubber...

Roll and Rope...

JR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-28 21:22 by stone-relics.

Date: April 28, 2009 21:10

Thank you stone-relics; if it isn't too much, may I ask are there big differences in the sound quality between Rubber Dubber and Roll/Rope and did Rubber Dubber also use the heavy vinyl?

Date: April 28, 2009 21:23

Unique pressings, each, but, I think made from the same tape, in about the same quality. Either is WAY superior to any CD of the same show.

JR

Date: April 28, 2009 21:30

Thanks again, so it's good I kept my double album; sold the TMQ version "Recorded in Deutschland" long ago.

Date: April 28, 2009 21:31

Yeah, the TMOQ is a neat thing to have, but the double album crushes it, sonically.

JR

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: April 28, 2009 21:43

Thanks JR, mines the one on the left. All my Rubber Dubbers always had that $6 stamp on the front. Have Hendrix (Forum I think) and CSNY live on RUBBER DUBBER + maybe a few more, what else did they put out?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home