Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Guitar Medley
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: April 16, 2009 15:52

Call me slow but guess who just discovered iMovies and how easy it is to put stuff up on You Tube?!

Excuse my sub-standard guitar massacre of sacred Stones material but I had a great time putting it together yesterday so I don't care :-)

God Speed the Rolling Stones!

Re: OT: Guitar Medley
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: April 16, 2009 16:18

thanks, I enjoyed listening!
Parachute Woman was the best.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: April 16, 2009 18:03

Is that the price tag hanging from your guitar? Are you planning on returning it to the store 'cause now they've got evidence that it's been used. grinning smiley

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Date: April 16, 2009 23:35

You're not wrong there, skelly.

I borrowed (rented) the guitar from a local store for a few weeks while I'm over in Amsterdam so am doing my best not to scratch it up before I return it!!

Charlie's good tonight, innee?

Posted by: paulyc ()
Date: April 17, 2009 00:38

Hello everyone!

I'm not a guitar player myself but I liked the clip, made me smile in places anyway. Keep up the riffing.

Not really knowing too much about these things, exactly what are the trickiest Stones songs to play anyway?

paulyc

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: April 17, 2009 00:43

Why aren't the dog and horse pictured? Studio musicians? Hell, I guess anything is possible in Amsterdam.

Date: April 17, 2009 01:18

Didn't Keef 'play' a bicycle on one album? Dogs and horses can't be far behind

paulyc

Date: April 17, 2009 12:08

That was Steel Wheels, if I'm not mistaken.

Just found the attached article on the Sun newspaper - not sure if it's been posted before so apologies if so!

THE SUN
By SIMON ROTHSTEIN
Published: 30 Mar 2009

MICK JAGGER has revealed the two golden rules of being on tour with THE ROLLING STONES.

The 65-year-old singer tells all about support acts: “Rule one – you don’t play on the snooker table unless you’ve been asked.

“And, secondly, you never, ever, take the shepherd’s pie unless KEITH RICHARDS’ broken the crust first.”

Although the snooker table often remains untouched, many have fallen foul of nibbling the pie.

In his new autobiography Demons And Cocktails, former STEREOPHONICS star STUART CABLE explains how his fondness for the dish almost brought a tour to a complete stop.

The Welsh drummer, 38, admitted: “We were backstage when I saw the pie.

“Like an excited 10-year-old at Christmas and I whacked several hefty spoonfuls onto my plate.”

At that point Mick and RONNIE WOOD walked in and explained the rules, but Stuart thought they were joking - until the Stereophonics’ manager demanded he take it back to get re-crusted.

Stuart continues: “Luckily, when I got to catering I knew the waitress. She took it back and shook her head slowly and muttered: ‘Don’t you know the rules?’

“But she soon went to work on it and re-laid the potato topping making it as good as new, even if it was a little thinner.

“Major world disaster averted.”

In another recent book, the Stones ex-tour manager explained what would happen if anyone messed with Keith’s pies.

NICK COWAN claimed that one occasion Keith, 65, was sent into an “apoplectic, vodka-fuelled rage” after seeing his dish had been nibbled before a gig and fired the group's head of security and tour manager over it.

Both were re-instated when it was realised the tour couldn’t continue without them.

God Speed the Rolling Stones

Posted by: Muppet HiFi ()
Date: April 17, 2009 12:45

Richards does often sound like a spoiled little brat.

Date: April 17, 2009 18:58

Inevitable if you're surrounded by Yes men for 40 years. In that situation, it must be hard for anyone to keep a sense of perspective.

People like to slag Mick off for being like this but I think Keith is at least just as bad.

No doubt, most of us would be the same in their shoes - I can't think of too many rock stars who have managed to stay relatively 'normal' and unaffected but maybe that's not what we want from them.

Date: April 21, 2009 01:16

And here's a crack at As Tears Go By (and a non-Stones track):

God Speed the Rolling Stones!

Date: April 21, 2009 01:20

You still haven't taken the price tag off, mate

SPOT THE BANANA too

paulyc

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1110
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home