Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Two '73 Bootleg Questions
Date: April 8, 2009 02:45

Hi Gang-
2 quick questions re: '73 recordings

1. Is there an album of the Newcastle '73 soundboard recording available? I've got bits and pieces on various boots.

2. How good is the quality from the Manchester '73 recording (specifically the VGP release). Anyone have it and care to comment?

Thanks!

Re: Two '73 Bootleg Questions
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 8, 2009 02:55

1. Brown Sugar, Angie and Dancing With Mr D. Better get the "Cocsucker Blues" (COC) - or "Back To The Graveyard" (OBR) bootlegs, for best soundquality
2. Excellent performance - so-so-quality....6,5 out of 10 I suppose...listenable

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: April 8, 2009 02:57

Dont think the Newcastle stuff came out on LP...but its on the CS Blues CD, no company mentioned...but the order number is coc7073-2, missing the Rambler, which I have on acetate...Manchester is pretty good..had the tape for years....

JR

Date: April 8, 2009 02:59

Thanks Erik - appreciate it. I've got VGP's "get your motor runnin'", and it has those 3 Newcastle tracks...bummer that there aren't more.

Also - thanks for the insight to Manchester.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 8, 2009 03:00

stone-relics
Dont think the Newcastle stuff came out on LP...but its on the CS Blues CD, no company mentioned...but the order number is coc7073-2, missing the Rambler, which I have on acetate...Manchester is pretty good..had the tape for years....

JR

You have Midnight Rambler on acetate, John? Sure it's not the London 09/09 version? Nice to know that it exists - if you are certain, that is
The Newcastle SBD tracks was released on the Outsider Bird LP.....I have the silver OBR - but not the rubber OBR; unfortunately

Date: April 8, 2009 04:24

Thanks guys - appreciate the help.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: April 9, 2009 05:51

stone-relics

JR

Any chance you could make this MR available on this forum?

Thanks for considering this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2128
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home