Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ron Wood in Cleveland,OHIO on April the 4th.
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: March 22, 2009 14:26

Ron Wood is going to be in Cleveland, Ohio to induct Bobby Womack into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Rock and Roll,
Mops

Re: Ron Wood in Cleveland,OHIO on April the 4th.
Posted by: django ()
Date: March 22, 2009 14:27

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 22, 2009 17:19

Thr R & R HOF is in Cleveland. But the induction dinner is always in New York.

Date: March 22, 2009 17:45

Sweetcharmedmedlife said :
"Thr R & R HOF is in Cleveland. But the induction dinner is always in New York."

WRONG!!! It's in Cleveland.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 22, 2009 18:55

I think they changed the ceremony to Cleveland this year...
Does anyone know more about the reasons they moved it from NYC?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-03-22 18:58 by angee.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 22, 2009 18:57

always thought it was new york myself

Posted by: Han ()
Date: March 23, 2009 13:53

angee
I think they changed the ceremony to Cleveland this year...
Does anyone know more about the reasons they moved it from NYC?

Cleveland Rocks?

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Date: March 23, 2009 15:31

It's just a guess but having the ceremony in Cleveland will bring attention to the R&R Hall of Fame and business to the city. I supported the Hall of fame at the beginning with yearly subscription and small donations but I can't do that anymore.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 23, 2009 15:53

That just seems odd. I still don't get why the R'N'R HOF is in Cleveland. Probably because the NFL HOF is in Ohio. Which makes NO sense either. You think the R'N'R HOF would be in either Chicago or New York or maybe even St Louis or New Orleans. New Orleans would make sense historically. Chicago probably is the most realistic place as far as what actually happened.

NY makes sense because, gee, it's NY.

Date: March 23, 2009 16:31

rollmops
Sweetcharmedmedlife said :
"Thr R & R HOF is in Cleveland. But the induction dinner is always in New York."

WRONG!!! It's in Cleveland.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Ok,this year it will be in Cleveland for the first time since 1997......Since your so smart,maybe you can tell us why the Hall is in Cleveland.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 23, 2009 16:39

I agree with SCL.

The induction dinner location is of less importance than where timeless, priceless R & R artifacts are housed and displayed.

Posted by: indystone ()
Date: March 23, 2009 17:23

The term Rock and Roll was invented in Cleveland by a DJ. I believe his name was Allen Freed.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 23, 2009 18:00

The Hall of Fame ceremony will be televised by a relatively new network this year called FUSE. The just signed a 3 year deal to televise the annual induction ceremony, replacing VH1. Fuse has a really young following and I heard that most viewers are 18-25 year old. I've never heard of FUSE before this month so I'll have to check to see if I even get that channel. Ronnie will be inducting Bobby Womack who is indeed a huge talent and he opened for the Stones at a show I saw in Buffalo, N Y. on August 8, 1975 at Rich Stadium. It's fitting that a member of the Stones would welcome him into the Hall of Fame.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 23, 2009 19:14

good for FUSE that they're promoting this to younger audiences. Pity that by this stage, pretty much everyone who deserves to be in the HoF was inducted years ago.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: March 23, 2009 19:19

Gazza
good for FUSE that they're promoting this to younger audiences. Pity that by this stage, pretty much everyone who deserves to be in the HoF was inducted years ago.

And I'm so sure 18-25 year olds are lining up to watch musicians whose popularity peaked before they were born.

Date: March 23, 2009 20:11

Sweetcharmedlife says:
......Since your so smart,maybe you can tell us why the Hall is in Cleveland.

I am not that smart. I just knew that the ceremony this year will take place in Cleveland ,Ohio. That's all.

Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: March 23, 2009 20:32

The rock n roll museum in Cleveland is superb and well worth going to if your in the area. This is where rock n roll started that's why it's in Cleveland.

John Nicholls

I guess you'll be there Nate smiling smiley))))

Date: March 23, 2009 20:34

indystone
The term Rock and Roll was invented in Cleveland by a DJ. I believe his name was Allen Freed.

Yes,that is the story I have heard as well. Allen Freed - The king of all the moondoggers...Or something like that.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 23, 2009 21:14

Actually, OHNO, FUSE is counting on the recent success of GUITAR HERO to bring older rock fans into their circle of viewers. I've gone into BEST BUY and watched folks my age playing the Aerosmith version of Guitar Hero so there is an audience out there that would find this kind of programming of interest, as long as they include programming on rock stars over 45 years of age. VH1 has gotten a bit stale and I never watch it anymore. I can't wait to watch the all-star jam!! I bet with Ronnie being away from Keith and the Stones, he will really shine. I think that poor Ronnie just feels like a hired gun at times with the Stones, just my opinion.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 24, 2009 05:10

Rock'n'roll STARTED in Ohio? WOW! Are you smoking heroin?

Date: March 24, 2009 06:09

Well we were referring to the term Rock & Roll Skip. Not the actual ground zero birth of rock & roll which can always be debated.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 24, 2009 07:33

Ron Woods is rumored to be a guest of the Allman Brothers during the last few days of their Beacon residency........I'm just saying.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 24, 2009 09:08

Woods? Lukester? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: March 24, 2009 16:33

The Dark Lord himself, Jimmy Page, will be there as well, to induct his old pal Jeff Beck.

IIRC, the Rock Hall is in Cleveland because the city lobbied hard for it, and could provide the kind of space/facility that the Hall organizers (i.e. Jann Wenner and friends) desired. The businessman who donated a truckload of money for the Hall is from Cleveland.

As for the argument that everyone who deserves to be in is in already: there are some glaring oversights, namely Yes and the Moody Blues. They're not hip, they're not cool, but they're damn great musicians and they deserve to be applauded for their contributions to this thing we call rock 'n roll.

Date: March 24, 2009 16:36

little queenie

Yes LQ. Lukester should be hung,drawn and quartered for that faux pas....Unless Ronnie really does show up. Then all is forgiven.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: March 24, 2009 18:41

sweetcharmedlife
little queenie

Yes LQ. Lukester should be hung,drawn and quartered for that faux pas....Unless Ronnie really does show up. Then all is forgiven.

Remember I also thought the E Street Band was the East Street band. Thanks little queenie. Charmer, I can be hung and drawn but please, No Quarter.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 26, 2009 03:45

Prior Wooden RW had a label (dont feel like checking name) in '94-95 that issued one cd I know of - Womacks's new one, w/ 3 tracks featuring the Stones as I recall (they were collaborating lots those days: BB King, Marianne's Patti Smth cover, etc etc)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home