Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT your thoughts on handheld "devices"
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 10, 2009 21:42

I live in LA, am thinking of getting rid of my telephone land lines and wonder what you technical whizzes would advise in terms of quality at best price possible.

Basically, I need a good cell phone that allows me to receive and send email in a readable font. Don't care about too many bells and whistles, have to be able to see the keyboard. Currently I pay ATT for my phone lines and my Yahoo server (sbcglobal). Should I try to stick with them for handheld or ??

I prefer to do as much as possible at my desktop but I will be doing quite a bit of traveling and thus I'm ready to consider new technology.

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Re: OT your thoughts on handheld "devices"
Posted by: NickB ()
Date: March 10, 2009 21:53

Yeah I got a hand held device. I like it. It gives me a thrill now and then......

Oh you're talking about a phone. I see. Yep I got one and it vibrates.....nice;-)

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: March 10, 2009 22:06

Winning Ugly VXII or Kovach

Chime in.

Date: March 10, 2009 22:11

Seriously though. I have a blackberry. It's great apart from the camera which is still very poor and the fact it doesn't sinc up to my outlook for my diary or contacts or I can't really use it for songs. Actually it's rubbish. Get an iPhone. No...that's rubbish too because it's got a weedy storage capacity.

NickB

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 10, 2009 22:23

what 8gb?

Date: March 10, 2009 22:52

Yeah 8gb is weedy in my book. I want an iPhone that holds way more music like at least 64gigs.

NickB

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 11, 2009 00:14

Chris Fountain
Winning Ugly VXII or Kovach

Chime in.

Go with the 1080i plasma.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: March 11, 2009 00:44

I got rid of my land line phone years ago. The KEY element is to go with the provider who has the best signal/connectivity at your house. You may have to do a few test runs with the different providers in your area until you're satisfied. After that it's just a matter of going to their store, trying out the different phones/devices until you find the one you can live with smiling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 11, 2009 00:50

I only use land line now, there's something about handheld phones that makes me feel very unsafe - like having a bomb in ones pocket....you have to answer to whoever wants to reach you. It's easier with land lines....one can just turn up the music, or walk outside when it rings.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 11, 2009 00:58

NickB
Yeah 8gb is weedy in my book. I want an iPhone that holds way more music like at least 64gigs.

Get a Dansette. It plays 78's, 45's, 33's ... but it's f***ing useless for phone calls and it won't fit in your pocket. Apart from that though, it's great !

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 11, 2009 01:38

Erik_Snow
I only use land line now, there's something about handheld phones that makes me feel very unsafe - like having a bomb in ones pocket....you have to answer to whoever wants to reach you. It's easier with land lines....one can just turn up the music, or walk outside when it rings.

Glad to be with ya on this, sad to say I still carry two unhappy cell phones.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 11, 2009 03:28

My son has a Blackberry Storm (Verizon) with internet and texting. The keyboard is not as small as other's I've seen. If you want to keep AT&T (which I have) then the equivalent in the LA area would be the I Phone. I have an "ordinary" cell phone because I don't want to get started with all those special features. I personally prefer the old fashion computer internet, but check out the sizes of the new laptops, they are getting smaller and smaller, cheaper and cheaper, and easy to carry around with you from flight to flight. I've seen mini laptops at Costco From $399, but they have no CD drive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2050
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home