Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ot- Keith Moon Blue Plaque at the site of the Marquee club
Posted by: thegazzas ()
Date: March 4, 2009 15:32

Dear Stones fans,

Just to let you know at the site of the Marquee Club, 90 Wardour Street. London W1 on Sunday, 8th March 2009 at 12 noon a plaque for Keith Moon will be unveiled by current and ex-members of The Who and Keith's family. For any stones fans in London on Sunday come and join your fellow Who fans to celebrate this Rock and Roll legend. Wardour Street will be closed to traffic from Shaftesbury Ave up to Oxford St. from 10-2.

Long Live Rock.

Melissa & Gary

Re: Ot- Keith Moon Blue Plaque at the site of the Marquee club
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 5, 2009 13:55

excellent news!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 5, 2009 17:47

This Sunday the 8th March 2009 at the site of the Marquee Club, 90 Wardour Street, London W1 at 12 noon a blue plaque will be unveiled for Keith Moon. Wardour Street will be closed off from 10 am to 2 PM to traffic from Shaftesbury Avenue up to Oxford Street. Please arrive early as guest will be arriving around 11.00 It's going to be star studded(hopefully). We are expecting Roger Daltrey CBE, Kenney Jones, Robin Gibb CBE, Legs Larry Smith, Zak Starkey, Dougal Butler, The Moon Family featuring Kit Moon aged 88, Keith's sisters, Leslie and Linda and their families, Doug Sandom, Irish Jack, John Schollar and Tony Bind of the Beachcombers, Chesney Hawkes and DJ Mike Reed will be MC for the whole event.. Pete Townshend will not be attending as he has other commitments. Other celebrities from TV and film industries will be there in attendance.

We are truly happy that Keith will finally have a plaque in his honour. It has taken us over 11 years of hard work to achieve this goal. We do apologise if we missed you off the list of invitees. Just to clarify something. We are the proposers of the plaque and tried to arrange the music talent for this event. We are not the organisers of the luncheon that takes place after the unveiling. We will be attending as guests. We had suggested to the Heritage Foundation whom we would like to have on their guest list. But, it was truly up to them whom they invited. We are looking forward to seeing everyone that is coming along this Sunday.

As the great man himself might have said: “Well dear boy this calls for a drink, make mine a large Remy, bottle that is, not a glass!” quote taken from Chris Charlesworth to us.

Best Wishes to all,

Melissa & Gary Hurley

P. S. If travelling by tube, please check the Transport for London (tfl,gov.uk). Many tube lines are not running this weekend.

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: March 5, 2009 23:53

It would only seem fitting that someone smashes the plaque only to have the reassembled pieces mounted on a wall of the club.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 6, 2009 01:32

This is great news, I'd go but I'm in the U.S. i love Moonie! The Who has not been The Who since his passing.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 6, 2009 10:43

well, WHOever they are, they are still good.

and I find this plaque/dedication kinda sweet and touching. I am glad this is happening and will have to make seeing it a priority when next in London.

Let's see, mayb 2010 or 2011.

Moonie forever.

p

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: March 6, 2009 10:46

hmmm, a thread started by thegazzas -- and i thought it was gary and heather??!!

p

Date: March 8, 2009 19:25

I went over to Wardour Street, but for reasons too dull and irritating to go into, I just missed the unveiling - here are some pictures -

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: March 8, 2009 23:31

great photos MOWAT - thanks for sharing

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 9, 2009 13:13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1455
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home