Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

finding his inner Jagger?!?
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 27, 2009 21:19

......I unfortunately I caught it and........all I can say is...chucky cheese.......

Fox's Offical Idol •site •

More blogs about American Idol.

By Brian Mansfield

Adam Lambert tries. And he tries tries tries.

Buzz up!
Like this story? Share it with Yahoo! Buzz
Everybody knows Adam Lambert has got a serious voice, so tonight's top spot is his to lose. The question is, can he rein in his most theatrical tendencies and not fall victim to the trap of oversinging? Adam's been doing musical theater since he was 10, which probably means he's got some extremely good habits and some extremely bad ones.

The Rolling Stones' Satisfaction should let him unleash his inner Mick Jagger. He starts with a slow blues growl but takes it up to tempo quickly. He looks great on camera, but he's hadn't figured out the oversinging thing. He's trying too hard, showing off too much. He's left the essence of the song flopping on the floor -- and if you thought Allison Iraheta was shrieky, she's got nothing on Adam. That said, he didn't miss a note, and he was all over the place, range-wise.

Paula says there's no competition -- he's in a league of his own. Simon says parts were excruciatingly bad and parts were brilliant: "This is going to be one of those love it or hate it performances." Randy loved it and thinks Adam is one of the most current artists the show has ever had, though he does call the performance "a little manic." Kara says he has outrageous vocal technique (true 'nuff): "Who has a range like that?"

Re: finding his inner Jagger?!?
Posted by: Amused ()
Date: February 27, 2009 21:22

"one of the most current artists the show has ever had"
these days most current = the best?

thank God I'm not interested in being current :-)

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 27, 2009 21:23

I happen to like Adam but thought he should NEVER have touched SATISFACTION, not with a ten foot pole!! He looked more like Elvis doing that song than Mick; perhaps he tried so hard not to emuluate Mick, that he went right into the Elvis impersonation.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 27, 2009 22:31

cringe worthy version...and the organ...wow....sounded like a very very bad wedding...he has some young Axle Rose in his voice...was this the first ever Rolling Stones song on that show????.....

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: February 27, 2009 23:19

No, I seem to remember one of the hairdresser/rocker gals doing "Paint It, Black" last season.

I haven't been watching this current series, though I did catch the tail end of some overly coiffed whippersnapper murdering Satisfaction while channel-surfing. Very shrieky, very ghey.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 27, 2009 23:22

many stones songs performed over the years - this was just by far the worst

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 28, 2009 03:03

Claire_M
ghey.

Am I really immateure for craking up everytime I see it spelt this way?

[thepowergoats.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1577
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home