Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O/T Magazine,The Academy,Manchester,Tuesday 17th February 2009
Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: February 18, 2009 11:01

Hello,

Largely on the strength of the affection/mania displayed for this band by some of the regulars here,I decided to see what all the fuss was about.Take a bow Pointman,Jaffo and Riot,because this band was on fire!You want to have heard (felt,more like) the reception for them-thunderous!

I can only endorse what has been written already about this particular reunion:I just hope that these guys do decide to play some US dates so that Riot can meet his maker as a fulfilled man.Last night's show was filmed so keep an eye out for a Christmas release I guess.Put me down for a copy.

As a frontman Howard is great value,coming across like a cross between The King of Siam and a demented academic,alternately wheeling around the stage or conducting his band with quite a few grins going back-and-forth between the guys,or pulling some quality faces and poses.

Mr. Barry Adamson is immediately ushered in to the top-ten coolest bass-players in the world...evah:yet not above interacting with a few of the diehard loons who were stationed right in front of him.Drummer John Doyle and Dave Formula on anything with a keyboard were stars too,but a special mention is due for their stand-in for the departed John McGeoch who goes by the moniker Noko.Forgive him that indiscretion because boy,can he play guitar.

Here we go...

Cheers,

Si.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-18 13:28 by SimonN.

Re: O/T Magazine,The Academy,Manchester,Tuesday 17th February 2009
Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 18, 2009 11:03

thanks for the review Simon

Date: February 18, 2009 11:07

Hi Adrian,

Nice to hear from you,A-L...how're you doing?

Top band last night:it's good to sometimes go with someone else's recommendations!

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 18, 2009 11:10

doing ok, thanks Simon - always had big respect for Magazine - underrated.

going to see some live music, myself, tonight - The Hamsters.

Date: February 18, 2009 11:13

Hi Adrian,

Yep,I vaguely recall seeing The Hamsters back in Blackpool many moons ago...dear me,what a session that was!

Have a good night!

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 18, 2009 11:26

Hi Simon,

What was the setlist. Obviously Shot By Both Sides and Song From Under The Floorboards. Did they do The Light Pours Out Of Me and Thankufalettinmebemyselfagin?

Date: February 18, 2009 11:59

Hi SD,

Yep on both counts,as far as I recall.
I know this was only 12 hours ago,but when you get older...

Cheers,

Si.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2294
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home