Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Dance Little Sister
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 16, 2009 05:05

I hadn't listened to that one in a while and what a little gem. One song that I don't think about very often but when it shows up in the speakers, it puts a @#$%& smile on my face. What a friggin' rocker!! All the stones, Stu included perform brilliantly. Pure energy, Charlie hammers down that beat following Keith's dirty chords. Super chord progression in the middle eight that shows the open chord restriction of the verse-chorus is on purpose. Mick Taylor's slide is smoking.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Re: Dance Little Sister
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 16, 2009 05:07

It is a mean little tune. That lead has the most incredible tense tone - it's almost awful - it's damn near broken - sound to it.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: February 16, 2009 06:31

Must be in the set live on the next tour was my thought after I heard the El Mocombo version from the 70s live

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 16, 2009 06:41

I dunno. This song has as much depth to it as Jiving Sister Fanny does - not much at all. Hell, even Don't Stop has more depth to it than DLS does.

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: February 16, 2009 12:46

I looove this track! Pure energy!

But should they add it to their live set? If they did, this would be a must have for the B-stage. But then again there are quite some numbers that have been straightened to death by the Vegas-treatment, like Bitch for example. So maybe they should better leave it alone, so we can cherish the studio version or the few live recordings from ’75 and especially the one from ’77.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-16 13:33 by Greenblues.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 16, 2009 13:06

rollmops
Mick Taylor's slide is smoking.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Taylor doesn't play slide on the studio version -to my ears-,but it's a great song indeed.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 16, 2009 15:17

My favorite track from IORR - I love the guitars. Very dirty sounding!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 16, 2009 16:30

Amsterdamned says:
Taylor doesn't play slide on the studio version -to my ears-,but it's a great song indeed.

So my bad!Mick Taylor makes it sound like it's a slide.His vibrato technique is amazing.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 16, 2009 17:28

rollmops
Amsterdamned says:

So my bad!Mick Taylor makes it sound like it's a slide.His vibrato technique is amazing.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Taylors guitarwork here is great!
It's only my guess,he makes it sound like slide but I don't think it is.smiling smiley

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: February 16, 2009 21:57

Mocambo DLS is as stunning as Jimmy Page said.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 16, 2009 22:38

The El Mocambo version just rocks, they should play this song live. One of my favorites. The extended version on Acetates is really good as well.

Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: February 17, 2009 04:26

mick taylor is playing a fender strat on this track which is rare.check out the use of the whammy bar.i think this track smokes!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: February 17, 2009 07:57

oh yeh of course of course; one of my very uppermost top picks since it's release.
guitars snapping nasty crunchiest dangerous rhythm; brilliant mid 8...just relentless; a total classic. totally great number; absolutely at their bestest on this track imo. whoo hoooo i said dance...
hot smiley

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: February 17, 2009 08:29

Two wonderful guitars. Not one filling in when the other stumbles or tires, but one providing great counterpoint, then breaking into a lead.

Incidentally, must it be a Strat because of the whammy or is there some other reason? I happen to think he used a Strat more on this album than on previous ones, but am curious whether you have a source.

Date: February 17, 2009 15:08

Sounds like he uses some slide to me...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1546
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home