Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: question for the Dead Heads here on IORR
Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 30, 2009 02:07

"Closing of the Winterland" DVD is hard to find,but
is it really worth trying to get it ?

I got the 4 CD set of the show which I like very much,so I wonder about the quality
of the DVD ( I think it´s a double).

What´s your opinion and advice ?

Re: OT: question for the Dead Heads here on IORR
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: January 30, 2009 03:54

It's professionally shot. I believe KQED aired the show at the time. KQED, is Public Television. If you like the CD, then yes, get the DVD...it has some extras the CD doesn't...if I remember correctly?

I have a boatload of GD DVD's. Most are bootleg. I'm embarrassed to say, I told Hound Dog I would hook him up with some bootleg DVD's a few months ago. Usually I'm good for my word, but due to moving and other stuff going on in my life, I kind of put it off thinking..."I'll do it tomorrow"...now that tomorrow hasn't come yet, I can't find the DVD's I set aside for him...a few I already burned, and a few I didn't.

Now with all the boxes unpacked, I believe those DVD's are in storage. uggg

If you want to email me, feel free to, click on my name for email addy.

Hound Dog...please except my apologies if you read this. I really want to kick myself in the ass when I tell someone I'm going to do it, and don't finish through with it.

I have to find about 20-50 misplaced DVD's...and yep, yours are in that pile somewhere in my house or more likely storage.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 30, 2009 04:05

not much of a dvd collector or watcher....have seen bits and pieces on pbs fund-raisers over the years. it looked like primo quality....the 4cd set of course is a must-have for deadheads...the blues bros opening set widely circulates in A quality, too....

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 30, 2009 11:30

Hi Short,

I downloaded it recently. If you look you'll find it. Just Google it. Very good quality show.

Date: January 30, 2009 11:56

I am not interested in Dead Heads.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 30, 2009 14:50

Thanks for advice so far,and if my memory is not freaking out,I´ll contact
you,Bingo (thanks for offering that,too),sooner or later..!

Leftie,I prefer living heads,by the way !

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 30, 2009 19:06

T&A,how are you friend. did you notice the above post from left shoe shuffle who spoke ill of jerry? i clicked his user name and lo and behold i was greeted with this person does not exist. lesson to the kids out there DO NOT SPEAK BAD OF THE GREATFUL DEAD .JERRY LOVES YOU.

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 30, 2009 19:17

It's professional for the era but actually pretty crude and grainy by today's standards. Fortunately the sound mix is exceptional.

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: January 30, 2009 19:36

It's very good quality - decent performance as far as New Years Shows go.

As I recall, the Blues Brothers opened for them.

If you check sfgate.com you might be able to find the articles that Joel Selvin wrote about these shows. It was absolutely crazy.

Date: January 30, 2009 19:44

have several friends who went. i believe selvin wrote the liner notes on the cd release....the show where uncle bill served breakfast to all those who stayed....

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: January 30, 2009 19:46

i believe uncle bill also played 'father time' and passed out joints to the crowd as he made his way to the stage (in a giant joint).

Date: January 30, 2009 19:48

and you're right about the blues bros (see my earlier post on that)....didn't live in the city yet at that point, or i'd have some stories to tell....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1475
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home