Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stepson fired Ronnie, NOT the other way round!
Posted by: wope ()
Date: January 28, 2009 15:05

Stepson Jamie fired Ronnie,NOT the other way round!

RONNIE WOOD's stepson JAMIE has explained his decision to quit his role as the star's business manager - blaming the move on his the rocker's decision to leave his mother for a younger woman. Wood split from his wife of 23 years, Jamie's mother Jo, last year (Jul08), after the star's affair with Russian waitress Ekaterina Ivanova was exposed over the summer.
And Jamie subsequently quit his job managing Wood's financial arrangements - out of respect for his devastated mum.
He says, "You don't manage Ronnie for money, you do it for love. I was happy to be involved with his career as a family member.
"However, he's made certain personal choices and I have made my choice, which is to stand by my mum."
Jamie, an avid supporter of North London soccer giants Arsenal, adds he would rather be in charge of his sports team's bitter rivals - struggling club Tottenham Hotspur - than carry on working for the Rolling Stones star.
He adds, "I'd rather manage Tottenham than Ronnie."

This I've read on contactmusic.com and (from a very good, reliable source) it's the TRUTH!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-29 10:04 by wope.

Re: Stepson fired Jamie, NOT the other way round!
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 28, 2009 15:17

I don't believe the kid. He got this job for his mom, not for skills - and Ronnie's financies are said to be a big mess. It's good for Ronnie to get rid of the freeriders. Ronnie's been too kind hearted man for too long, and seemingly many have advantaged of his kind, artistic temper.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-28 15:23 by Doxa.

Date: January 28, 2009 15:22

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-28 15:23 by Doxa.

Date: January 28, 2009 15:22

-

Posted by: wope ()
Date: January 28, 2009 15:23

Jamie is NOT a freerider and Ronnie's finances were always a mess.
Just read his autobiography and how happy he was when Jamie took over.

Date: January 28, 2009 15:35

wope
Jamie is NOT a freerider and Ronnie's finances were always a mess.
Just read his autobiography and how happy he was when Jamie took over.

He was there way too nice and polite. That was the context then, during writing the book. Now the Rolling Stone is reaching out from his this context. Would be interesting to know what he was doing in Amsterdam - having a loan from The Stones Ltd - or just a financial consulting?? Anyway, Vaya con Dios, Ronnie! It's good to have crazy, wild, brave people like you still around. Fvxk the pity morals!

I believe Kat for saying that Ronnie was NOT happy with his life. She didn't rob anyone. It was his choice. People don't seem to accept this point. It's like Keith Richards tends to comment accidents like these: "shit happens".

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-28 15:37 by Doxa.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 28, 2009 15:49

Doxa,

No offense, but shouldn't this be about commitment?

If Ronnie wasn't a rock star, would she really go out with him?

Date: January 28, 2009 15:52

Finally - enough with the bleedin hearts. Ronnie got to roll on.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 28, 2009 15:55

Sour grapes from a rock star's spoiked step kid!

Date: January 28, 2009 16:22

Chris Fountain
Doxa,

No offense, but shouldn't this be about commitment?

If Ronnie wasn't a rock star, would she really go out with him?

As far as I know Ronnie is very committed to The Rolling Stones... Much more than the guys who hold that spot before him >grinning smiley<... And he is at the moment making a solo album - seemingly inspired creatively by his new muse. And I was never too convinced of this story of how dependent Ronnie is of Jo - like Ronnie is a total junkie baby and no mind of his own. Seems like the image of their marriage and partnership seem to have much dirty laundry than is known. Somehow I understand if Ronnie got tired of keeping up the appearances and do his 'role' in this story. And it isn't first divorce in the goddamn business! (And if some of the latest news are accurate, being not greedy as many of his colleagues, he is willing to give all Jo is asking for.)

And as far as the other question goes - was Jo interested in Ron Wood if he wasn't been a rock star - is there any much difference? I guess she got quite privileged life trough Ronnie. She might have help Ronnie a lot - that's great - but shit, she didn't play the guitar in The Rolling Stones! Nor did Marianne Fathfull or Anita Pallenberg or any of those important women in Stones history.

As one can see, I see this 'tragedy' just from a Rolling Stones fan point of view - one more "not quite not controversial" episode in their incredible story.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-28 16:34 by Doxa.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 28, 2009 16:23

What about his (other) son, doesn't he run Ronnie's ART GALLERY (Scream)?
I assume that is still open -in Mayfair, London

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 28, 2009 17:44

Its business and this is a big reason why Ronnie needs a outside Professional to run his business and handle his money..NEVER HIRE FAMILY to run your business.
I want Woodie to be happy and everyone has a right to be happy...If Ronnie loves this new girl, right on! Marriage is not a jail term...Sad, that woodie & jo split but he or she does have a right to live their life....

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: January 28, 2009 18:44

Hot stuff you are right. Don't even work with family as it leads to fights,etc. I know thru experience. I must admit now it was awful Ronnie left Jo after so long for a longer women. By the way what is she getting out of it, is the divorce final. Let's hope it is not a kick in the ass.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 28, 2009 19:00

Don't worry about Jo because she will be taken care of by the courts...I just hope they will be both happy in the end.

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: January 28, 2009 19:13

I'm not worried just wondering.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 28, 2009 19:22

Doxa
Would be interesting to know what he was doing in Amsterdam - having a loan from The Stones Ltd - or just a financial consulting?? - Doxa

All Stones business is managed from Amsterdam, and Dutch financial law state that the owners of these kind of companies must reside in The Netherlands at least 24 hrs per year. This was the reason he was in Amsterdam.

Mathijs

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 28, 2009 19:24

@ wope:

you just registered today, and judging by your desperate attempts to defend "the stepson" - is it possible that theres any kind of a connection with Jamie?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: January 28, 2009 19:28

Has Keith visited The Netherlands in the last 12 months then?
He's hardly ventured out of the States!

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 28, 2009 19:41

Doxa,

Great points, however I was referring to the teenage girl concerning the "RocK Star" question and to his marriage concerning the commitment issue. However, your words are applicable regardless.

Hot Stuff, Family business is definitely a no-no. When you get conned out of thousands and thousands of dollars and you can't even get pictures or memorbilia (pics etc...the important stuff) from inheritance of a loved one it makes you sick.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 28, 2009 20:02

The title of this thread doesn't agree with first line in the post. So to be clear, who fired who? confused smiley

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: January 28, 2009 20:14

Koen
The title of this thread doesn't agree with first line in the post. So to be clear, who fired who? confused smiley

Jamie was an employee, he could not Fire Ronnie, he could quit. Ronnie is the only one in this relationship than can do the firing.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: January 28, 2009 22:38

jlowe
Has Keith visited The Netherlands in the last 12 months then?
He's hardly ventured out of the States!

Don't know, but both Jagger and Watts have been here last year. Jagger was in Amsterdam for a couple of days, Watts in the south and east visiting horse fairs.

Mathijs

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 28, 2009 22:46

LSTNT
Koen

Jamie was an employee, he could not Fire Ronnie, he could quit. Ronnie is the only one in this relationship than can do the firing.

GREAT OBSERVATION! I totally agree.

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: January 28, 2009 23:06

So who's going to scalp the tickets on the next tour?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: January 28, 2009 23:54

fiftyamp
So who's going to scalp the tickets on the next tour?

looks like the return of JC is badly needed!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2090
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home