Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Ron has never sung a song with the Stones, Why?
Posted by: mitchflorida ()
Date: April 24, 2010 04:08

steffiestones
I wonder if Brian could sing

Brian had a beautiful voice.

Posted by: dtklamf ()
Date: April 24, 2010 04:43

71Tele
I think Ron has enough trouble staying sober and focused on guitar. I don't see how adding lead vocal to the mix would benefit anyone, particularly the audience.

You are sooooo smart.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 24, 2010 05:17

dtklamf
71Tele
I think Ron has enough trouble staying sober and focused on guitar. I don't see how adding lead vocal to the mix would benefit anyone, particularly the audience.

You are sooooo smart.

Not as smart as you, evidently.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 24, 2010 05:42

mitchflorida
steffiestones
I wonder if Brian could sing

Brian had a beautiful voice.

Don't know about that............But that song is just dreadful.thumbs down

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: April 24, 2010 05:49

71Tele
dtklamf
71Tele

You are sooooo smart.

Ever heard Mick Taylor sing? Worse than Ron.
Ever heard Ron Wood play? Way more exciting than the boring lines your idol Mick Taylor plays.

But hey, you are the one whos going to spend your whole life licking someones balls, not me.

It just gets boring those personal attacks against Ronnies actions.
Who cares if he is a mess? All the works he has done are what I am interested in.

And to each its own, I really think Taylor is overrated, way overrated. I used to like the songs he played up and but then it gets boring.

Just because I like apples and you like oranges, doesnt mean you are allowed to attack apples.

You should know that better, that is basically your whole job here.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 24, 2010 05:56

Beg to differ. Taylor is a better singer than Ron. Ronnie shouldn't sing unless a gun is held to his head....Even then,he should reconsider.

Date: April 24, 2010 05:59

dtklamf
71Tele
dtklamf
71Tele

You are sooooo smart.

Ever heard Mick Taylor sing? Worse than Ron.
Ever heard Ron Wood play? Way more exciting than the boring lines your idol Mick Taylor plays.

But hey, you are the one whos going to spend your whole life licking someones balls, not me.

It just gets boring those personal attacks against Ronnies actions.
Who cares if he is a mess? All the works he has done are what I am interested in.

And to each its own, I really think Taylor is overrated, way overrated. I used to like the songs he played up and but then it gets boring.

Just because I like apples and you like oranges, doesnt mean you are allowed to attack apples.

You should know that better, that is basically your whole job here.

Your attack is as misguided as it is unwarranted. And yes, I have heard Ron Wood play. The less I say about that, the better.

The thread was asking why Ron Wood doesn't sing with the Stones. My response was appropriate to the thread. If you don't agree with me, that's fine. And I didn't mention Mick Taylor's singing, so can't understand why you did. (But now that you have, I have to say Mick Taylor is a much better singer than Wood). To say someone isn't skilled at singing is not an attack. It is an appraisal of that person's talent, which is sort of what we do here. And I do care if Wood (or any other musician for that matter) is "a mess" if it affects his skill and competence, as it clearly has. Your statement implying that it has NOT affected his "works" (as you put it) I would say is disproved by the ample evidence available to anyone equipped with a pair of ears. While we are at it, can you explain to me the exact elements of Wood's playing of late that you find "exciting"? I mean musically. Or maybe it's the running around grinning and waving that so excites you. I'm serious, I'd really like to know, because I just can't figure it out. Whatever ridicule Wood inspires on this site was brought on by himself too, by the way, with his own behavior and incompetent playing at times. These are musicians, not gods beyond criticism.

You see, you chose to respond to a simple statement of mine - not directed at you - with personal attacks, accusing me of "licking balls", etc. It didn't seem at all warranted. But it was an interesting insight into your thought process, so thank you. I am sure it serves you very well.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-24 06:38 by 71Tele.

Date: April 24, 2010 06:32

Dont talk about growing up. Its been 30 years or even more since Taylor left and you still can get over that fact.

Date: April 24, 2010 06:43

dtklamf
Dont talk about growing up. Its been 30 years or even more since Taylor left and you still can get over that fact.

Since this thread wasn't about that and it was you, not me, who first mentioned Taylor, your comment makes no sense whatsoever.

And by the way, when you can't defend a point and instead have to resort to personal attacks against those with whom you disagree you just come off as infantile.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-24 06:49 by 71Tele.

Date: April 24, 2010 06:48

Yeah, whatever, you win.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 24, 2010 06:49

JumpingKentFlash
skipstone
No, Bill can't sing In Another Land. He did sing it. That wasn't even going to be included on the album to begin with.

Ronnie can't sing. Er, well, put it this way - he makes Bob Dylan sound like Pavarotti.
When I first read your post, I thought it said "he makes Bob Dylan sound like a parrot".

Oh wow. Now THAT is funny.

Date: April 24, 2010 06:53

dtklamf
Yeah, whatever, you win.

I'm not interested in winning. Next time someone makes a statement you don't agree with leave the personal insults out if someone has not insulted you.

Date: April 24, 2010 06:57

You Win Again?

Date: April 24, 2010 06:59

When civility is gone, no one wins.

Date: April 24, 2010 07:12

We Are Right.

Date: April 24, 2010 07:18

StonesTod
steffiestones
on my opinion, you can compare Ron's voice with Keith's voice.

you can compare ron's voice to the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard, too.

Hah!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 24, 2010 07:51

Well for me Ron has some cool moments with his vocals. I love Breath On Me, wonderful job on that. Also on his last one, Real Hard Rocker is a cool one. Yeah, he isn't angelic and rough around the edges, but he has passion when he sings. And lets not forget the great backing vocals he does with Keith all over Some Girls.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: April 24, 2010 07:59

brian sounds real good on lead there; never heard it thanks!!

used to wonder about why ron didn't have a vocal anywhere in stones catalog in late 70's early 80's when he so cooking and cool....they never really let ron in to the glim TWINS.... one third of a co write somewhere.... thats the way they worked mick taylor too..a full stone since hyde park til he left..... glimz got a lotta material i guess...seems they shudda thrown him a raggedy lead and produced him, helped him, make it work real good....they excellent producers when they wanna work....at his point frankly. it means nothing to me if ron ever sings lead as a rolling stone,,

beelyboy...Think About it

Posted by: atip ()
Date: April 24, 2010 08:54

NICOS
Ron has never sung a song with the Stones, Why?

Stupid question

Nothing stupid about it, Nicos. I guess Ronnie lost his voice years ago, but I don't think it was always like that. It can't be much worse than Keith's, although I sure wouldn't want both of them up there trying to sing. Keith is bad enough.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1545
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home