Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Faces - Puppet Poster Question ...
Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: January 11, 2009 14:02

Hi to all,

I collect beside the Stones stuff also Ronnie related and Faces things (mostly records, but also some promo items like posters, programs etc.). I just looked a long time for the so called puppet poster, which shows the Band as Puppets on a stage with the horse (results from "A nod's as good as a wink to a blind horse", the record).

I have in my collection first pressings of this record (A nod's as ...) with a large poster inside showing many small pictures, a great poster, but now I had the chance to buy a record including another poster, yes the "Puppet poster", shown here in this post. Up to that point I was sure, that the record only came with the other large poster and was really surprised to have the puppet poster now included.

The (machine) folded poster has exactly the size of a record and is in a square format.

Now the question: Did this poster originally come with the record in first or later pressings (the large poster was recalled later)? Maybe Matt Lee can help me ...

Many Thanks in advance,
Andreas!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-11 14:04 by arc-angel.

Re: OT: The Faces - Puppet Poster Question ...
Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: January 11, 2009 16:38

hi Andreas,

interesting question, don`t have the answer but some more questions. Which country is your pressing from? I have a USA-copy with the giant poster, but the poster is not mentioned on the cover. There is a german pressing, with the poster mentioned on the front cover (SUPER POSTER), but not included in my copy. Could it be that there is a American and a european version of these posters or was the european/german version the same big sized poster and the puppet poster is an extra one ?
thomas

Date: January 11, 2009 16:46

electricmud
hi Andreas,

interesting question, don`t have the answer but some more questions. Which country is your pressing from? I have a USA-copy with the giant poster, but the poster is not mentioned on the cover. There is a german pressing, with the poster mentioned on the front cover (SUPER POSTER), but not included in my copy. Could it be that there is a American and a european version of these posters or was the european/german version the same big sized poster and the puppet poster is an extra one ?
thomas

Hi Thomas,

This is a US pressing, but I also have a France pressing including that large poster and both without any hints on the sleeve, that a poster is included. I think both, american and european version of the poster is the same, I do not see a difference ...

Andreas

Date: January 11, 2009 17:03

Thanks , Andreas, so I`m curious about the puppet-poster..
Don`t wanna go too offtopic, but I´m looking for the R.Stewart Every Picture Tells..which came with a Stewart-poster. Was this an inlay in UK/Us-pressings? Cause people told me , that in Germany the poster was wrapped around the Cover and pasted with the cover on one edge (excuse my english, hope you know, what I mean). Do you have any infos about this on?
Thomas

Date: January 11, 2009 17:13

i much prefer the puppet poster to the poster which came with mine whcih is the other one all the small pictures.. have never heard of this puppet poster...

Date: January 11, 2009 17:19

Strange , why was this poster folded to such a small (CD)-size. At least you can overlook it in a record-cover..

Date: January 11, 2009 17:39

electricmud
Strange , why was this poster folded to such a small (CD)-size. At least you can overlook it in a record-cover..

... Oh no, this is not the small CD size. this is pretty large, one segment has the size of a record. In total it is 91 cm x 91 cm, see photo with some CD's on it!

Andreas!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-01-11 18:34 by arc-angel.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: January 11, 2009 18:57

Great find Andreas! I just love this image and have it in both promo poster and Berlin concert poster format but I have never seen it in a square format like this! Amazing. I have UK, US, German, Japanese, and Indonesian pressings of the album with a variations of each but I have never found one with the puppet poster like this! Awesome, I want one :-)

Here is the promo poster. The Berlin concert poster has the horse airbrushed out to allow more space for the concert info! I lent my camera to someone this weekend so can't put a picture up today :-(

Ronnie still has his puppet (doll) and I assume the others got theirs too. That would be a great set to put together....(I wish).

Matt

Posted by: Macman15 ()
Date: January 11, 2009 19:05

Agreed Matt, it would be a great set together. Id be happy with the Ronnie Lane doll (love the sideburns & shoes). Saw the horse doll advertised for sale in Goldmine a few years back, if I remember correctly it was about 200$ USD which seems inexpensive for such a piece(not sure the shape or authenticity however).

Date: January 11, 2009 19:09

mattleeuk
Great find Andreas! I just love this image and have it in both promo poster and Berlin concert poster format but I have never seen it in a square format like this! Amazing. I have UK, US, German, Japanese, and Indonesian pressings of the album with a variations of each but I have never found one with the puppet poster like this! Awesome, I want one :-)

Here is the promo poster. The Berlin concert poster has the horse airbrushed out to allow more space for the concert info! I lent my camera to someone this weekend so can't put a picture up today :-(

Ronnie still has his puppet (doll) and I assume the others got theirs too. That would be a great set to put together....(I wish).

Matt
Hi Matt, thanks for your reply, but possibly there is somebody out there to know more about record + this particular poster or even has the record with that poster ...

P.S. what is the size of your promo poster ?

Andreas

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 12, 2009 06:00

Were these puppets made by the same guy that did the ones for BAND OF GYPSYS? I wonder who has the Brian doll now.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 14, 2009 03:15

Good thing about the original insert poster (with hundreds of snapshots etc) is the track-by-track credits...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1613
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home