Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Happy Birthday Marianne Faithfull !
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 29, 2008 12:56

don't know who took this one

Re: Happy Birthday Marianne Faithfull !
Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: December 29, 2008 13:08

Cute pussy.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 29, 2008 13:32

I can recommend a movie she did 2007, Irina Palm.
From wikipedia:

"Plot:
The 50-year-old widow Maggie (Marianne Faithfull) desperately needs money for the cost of traveling to Australia for a special medical treatment of her beloved ill grandson Olly. After several unsuccessful attempts to get a job, she finds herself in the streets of Soho. Her eye is caught by poster in the window of a shop called Sexy World: "Hostess wanted". She enters, and Miki (Miki Manojlovic), the owner of the shop, explains her frankly that "hostess" is a euphemism for "whore". The job he has for her is one for which age and being visually attractive is not important: a male customer inserts his penis in a hole in a wall (glory hole), and she, at the other side, gives a handjob. Her colleague Luisa shows her how to do it, and after the first hesitation she quickly develops the work skills. However, she keeps her work secret from friends and family, which leads to uncomfortable situations. After a while she tells some friends. They are quite interested and ask various details.

Under the pseudonym Irina Palm she gets more and more successful and gets paid well, 600 to 800 pounds a week. However, the health of her grandson deteriorates quickly, therefore she asks and gets an advance payment of 6000 pounds for 10 weeks of work. She gives the money to her son Tom (Kevin Bishop) without telling how she got it. He follows her to find out and is furious when he learns what she does. He wants her to never go there again and says he will himself return the money and not go to Australia. However, his wife Sarah is thankful to Maggie for her sacrifice to save the boy. Tom and Maggie reconcile and Tom, Sarah, and Olly go to Australia.

Luisa is fired due to Maggie's success. She is very angry at Maggie. A competitor of Miki's offers Maggie a better job, as supervisor of prostitutes in a room with multiple glory holes. She would get 15% of their earnings. She hesitates but declines the offer, becoming a "madam" is a step too far for her."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A delicate subject, but the movie "handles" winking smiley it very well I think, without being speculative. And Marianne plays the character so well. So for fans of Marianne, check it out.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-29 13:38 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: December 29, 2008 15:05

Happy birthday also.
I read her last book on holiday.Quite an easy read, not particularly thought provoking. Lots of name dropping of course, Anita this, Burroughs, Ginsberg etc that.
Most of them appear complete prats, talented maybe but completely lacking in other departments.
Mick is referred to as Sir Whatsisname but she still has a soft spot it seems for Keith, if not for Stones Inc. Unlike the opinion of one IORR member, I feel she has done a lot since 1994 when the Dalton Book came out I think. Her CV is varied and she has certainly taken on a lot of challenges (workwise I mean).There arent many artists who move from film to theatre to music to concert with such aplomb.Plus the writing of course.
Lets hope her health continues to improve in 2009.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 29, 2008 15:15

Happy Birthday Marianne,
have a wonderful day and a good 2009.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 29, 2008 15:17

Happy Berfday, Marianne! Will always remember my
short stay in yer birth parish Ormskirke back in 1984.
Nice local pub, nice nature, cool, slow, countryside parish right
outsude Liverpool. Glad ya fell fer Mick & not fer any Liverpudlian...

Thanks for info & tips, Ville. I sincerely appreciate
when you cross a few boundaries & write about issues
not necessarily totally within the narrow frames of the immediate Stones.smiling smiley

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: December 29, 2008 15:42

I thought Marianne was born in London.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: December 29, 2008 15:45

Happy Birthday, sweetie!
Long life, good health and lots of interresting tasks is what I wish for you.
And mickijaggeroo is right about the "Irina Palm" movie. Really great job! A very talented actress, as well as a fab singer!
I'll drink to you today!

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: December 29, 2008 16:53

Happy birthday babe. Luv that smokey voice.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 29, 2008 16:56

Seems like she has one of these every year. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1200
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home