Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

My daughters 5-and a Mini-Stones fan!
Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 21, 2008 08:51

As my daughter turns 5 in Nov. she always loved music. Mainly childrens music, but some adult music stuck with her. She always loved Silver Train,but recently has grown fond of JJF,Satisfaction and Crazy Mama. I obviously don't want her to experience the darker Stones, but its funny seeing her run around singing "Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas,gas,gas"! I think it has something to do with when she was born(3 months early), I sang Child of the Moon to her in the hospital. The Stones are in her blood! Anyone else have kids digging The Stones?

Re: My daughters 5-and a Mini-Stones fan!
Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: December 21, 2008 10:32

I always listened to rock music during my son was in my wife's womb.
Then, I took him to some stones show like Chicago opening night in 1997 or legendary Budokan in 2003 to brainwash him.
Thanks to my effort, his ear has perfect pitch. He can read, write the score and play instruments by ear.

But
unfortunately, he expresses no interest in Stones or rock music then and now.

Super Mario is his absolute icon and idol.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: December 21, 2008 18:20

J.J.Flash
As my daughter turns 5 in Nov. she always loved music. Mainly childrens music, but some adult music stuck with her. She always loved Silver Train,but recently has grown fond of JJF,Satisfaction and Crazy Mama. I obviously don't want her to experience the darker Stones,

So don't be playing Star Star, Sister Morphine, Some Girls, Sway!smiling smiley

I have a daughter who is almost 4 and whenever she sees the tongue she yells Rolling Stones. I had a You Tube vdeo on the computer other day and she looked and then pointed to the Ronnie print I have on the wall!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 21, 2008 18:33

for her age, she's wise
she's got her mother's eyes
There's gladness in her heart
she's young and he's wild
as her youth now unfolds
she is centuries old
just to see her at play makes you smile
she's young and on fire
full of hope and desire

Posted by: baxlap ()
Date: December 21, 2008 18:50

I was first turned on to the Stones when I was four. My older brother, who was all of seven, got 12 X 5 for Christmas in 1964. Forty-four years later, I'm still grooving to 12 X 5 and all that has come before and since.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 22, 2008 23:20

J.J.Flash
As my daughter turns 5 in Nov. she always loved music. Mainly childrens music, but some adult music stuck with her. She always loved Silver Train,but recently has grown fond of JJF,Satisfaction and Crazy Mama. I obviously don't want her to experience the darker Stones, but its funny seeing her run around singing "Jumpin' Jack Flash, it's a gas,gas,gas"! I think it has something to do with when she was born(3 months early), I sang Child of the Moon to her in the hospital. The Stones are in her blood! Anyone else have kids digging The Stones?

My daughter turned 9 ,Dec the 13th.
When she was a baby,she used to listen babies CD's and classical music;at the age of 4,she tried to sing the" Start me up ouh!!" with her little fingers looking at the sky.

Of course,she had opportunities to hear the Stones because she knows her mother is found of the Stones..

She recognizes the "riff intro" of most of the songs from the Stones,
If she's listening to the radio and one of a Stones song comes in the air,she's running after me to say"Mummy!The Stones are on the radio!!"

We went to see SAL,last April,she loved the music and the characters;she knows who is who,she likes the band and the fun was when she asked why Keith went in jail;I said it was because he was smoking(it wasn't a lie....)and the she said Ronnie looked more older than Charlie.!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 22, 2008 23:34

I have a 6 year old who loves Ronnie.
I took her to Austin when she was 4 and she loved the show. Now she is never without an Elvis or Stones CD in her room.

Now I have an 18month boy who is already air drumming to Bonzo!

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 23, 2008 11:24

I hope there will be another tour;my daughter really wants to see the band on stage!
I didn't dare to bring her on the 2007 concert,I was afraid she 'll be too young to afford loud music....It was a mistake,wasn't it?

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 23, 2008 18:59

SwayStones

I didn't dare to bring her on the 2007 concert,I was afraid she 'll be too young to afford loud music....It was a mistake,wasn't it?

If you weren't comfortable with it than it was not a mistake.
It took me a lot of time to decide to do it.
I'm glad it all turned out and shes a big fan, but it could have gone either way....

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: December 23, 2008 19:27

really do have to protect a baby or young toddlers ears from high decible exposure. really serious responsibility...if they're close to the stage or a speaker rig they could sustain a painful, and maybe serious, injury. if you're gonna bring your precious young children, i'd put some hearing protection on 'em.

(j.j.flash: yer leetle babygirl likes "crazy mama?" too much; that's great...lol...great taste that one...now you GOT to let her get into 'silver train'...ha...bet she loves it...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-23 19:30 by Beelyboy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1630
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home