Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What If Stones Did A Digital Single Release Only?
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 10, 2008 23:16

I wonder how that would go over - say, for example, available only for download at iTunes. And then it would be interesting to see if they did not include it on their next album.

Think it would sell? I mean in terms of a significant amount? I could see it selling somewhat good. Seeing that singles are now the biggest selling part of music online now, more so than singles when they peaked in 1945 or whenever it was (I can't remember exactly but do recall reading that on-line singles had eclipsed the peak sales of 45s in the...whatever year it was).

Maybe they'd include a B-side. Although I dunno what you'd call it.

Re: What If Stones Did A Digital Single Release Only?
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 10, 2008 23:22

If I was as famous as the Stones I would release a song without telling and put it on youtube, bearshare, limewire or what ever....just for the fun

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 11, 2008 00:35

NICOS
If I was as famous as the Stones I would release a song without telling and put it on youtube, bearshare, limewire or what ever....just for the fun

As you all don't react on this one I do "just for the fun" and for free..........

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 11, 2008 01:13

NICOS
NICOS

As you all don't react on this one I do "just for the fun" and for free..........

But unfortunately you and me aren´t as famous as the Stones.

I´m not registered to that itunes stuff anyway so I don´t really care about
what´s on there.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 11, 2008 01:27

What if the Stones put out a 2-disc career retrospective with a few new tracks (say 4) and shot a video for the one that sounded the most like Classic Stones and played the new song at nearly every show of their world tour. Do you think the new song would disappear from their set by the next tour like every new song other than "You Got Me Rocking" has?

Not trying to be a smart ass. Just making a point about the viability of new songs after TATTOO YOU.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: December 11, 2008 01:38

It would be something interesting.....BUT, the Stones are not popular with the Itunes people except Paint It Black which sold good in the last two years thanks to Guitar Hero.
The Itunes people is well under the 40's and the Stones are on the opposite street.
No song from ABB made the US Top 200 Digital singles chart.

Also the Stones catalog sold very bad this year, no album from the band is ranked on the US Top 200 Catalog since April-May...and you need to sell 1,000 copies to make the #200...

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 11, 2008 01:38

Rocky,they did it with Forty Licks already incl. the four new songs.
Don´t Stop got played during Licks World Tour quite often if I´m not wrong.
Can´t say at the moment if it was played during ABB tour at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-11 01:39 by shortfatfanny.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: December 11, 2008 01:40

if they did something interesting , like some of the mixes of charmed life they might have a chance.

OLDKR

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: December 11, 2008 02:02

NICOS
I'd put it out with a picture of the band on the sleevefront. No bandname...

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: December 11, 2008 04:17

I meant "Don't Stop" and FORTY LICKS and the Licks tour. That was my point. If that didn't work and last beyond the tour, there's no reason to thing a digital single would work any better. They didn't stop writing good songs after STEEL WHEELS, but they lost all chance of radio airplay and popularity outside of first week album sales and radio formats ignore their eighties hits after "Start Me Up." Sadly, the band's set lists in the 90s and beyond only reinforce the opinion that all new material is interchangeable and can't hold a candle to the sixties through 1981.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-11 04:18 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 11, 2008 05:28

Ah well - it still has to be cheaper to do it digitally than to actually issue a single hard copy.

But if no one bothers with it then it is a waste of time. Seems that there is no point in them doing any more albums since ABB didn't do anything worth comparing to any previous release. Just to say you're still active and doing new records and then nobody buys them...well then what's the point?

No matter. I like them. I will buy their next album if they do another one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home